BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Stuart Harvey - Head of Recruitment off to Sunderland

Link to Telegraph Story

Interesting timing...

Talk of differences of opinion with the likes of Ayala and Pickering, and then there’s the ongoing training ground saga. 

Also strange considering we have constantly been told about how much work (and money) has gone into building the recruitment team over the last few years, not to mention they have the biggest job in recent memory on this summer.

If someone would choose to go to Sunderland - consistently the biggest basket case of a club for the last few years, it may suggest not all is as rosy at Ewood and Brockhall as some would have believe.

Hope this doesn’t mean the Coventrio is about to become the Coventry Quartet.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Link to Telegraph Story

Interesting timing...

Talk of differences of opinion with the likes of Ayala and Pickering, and then there’s the ongoing training ground saga. 

Also strange considering we have constantly been told about how much work (and money) has gone into building the recruitment team over the last few years, not to mention they have the biggest job in recent memory on this summer.

If someone would choose to go to Sunderland - consistently the biggest basket case of a club for the last few years, it may suggest not all is as rosy at Ewood and Brockhall as some would have believe.

Hope this doesn’t mean the Coventrio is about to become the Coventry Quartet.

Was Stuart Harvey approach by Sunderland Sporting Director Speakman for the job or did he apply for the job. 

Was their big differences in players Harvey recommend to Mowbray? Did he recommend more European based players to be sign?

We had this post by @philion the 25th January dont forget

I expect Glyn Chamberlain to be given the job as head of Recruitment now. Currently our Head of European Scout

Cost cutting ?

I really fear that when people have heard of 'big changes' coming in summer it'll be this kind of thing.  Chairs being shuffled around the deck rather than a change of management etc.

I double fear more TM allies or HSH and affiliate filling the gaps.  Losing someone to a club who's been on its arse for yeas is going to raise serious questions.

Be no surprise to see them pass us in the next few years though if the present paralysis continues.

Edited by tomphil

I said in another thread but wasn't there a rumour that TM also over-ruled the data team by bringing in Ayala?

What would be the point of working to find targets only to be over ruled all the time?

Boro-connection again - ironically (or not)

Edited by JacknOry

2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Did the club advertise for a new academy head groundsman?  Or are they downscaling in anticipation of  the new build?

Noticed on twitter the current one left 31st March 

Gone to the mighty Fleetwood!

• Like 1

On 31/03/2021 at 20:24, perthblue02 said:

Did the club advertise for a new academy head groundsman?  Or are they downscaling in anticipation of  the new build?

Noticed on twitter the current one left 31st March 

I used to teach this guy! I remember going to visit him on work experience down at Brockhall.

• Like 1

The poor timing of this departure is symptomatic of how poorly our club has become. The season is almost over (in more ways than one), we have almost half a squad to potentially replace and our head of recruitment is leaving and, as yet no replacement lined up. I wonder what will happen to the scouting reports already compiled on new signings. Will Harvey use these as targets for Sunderland now?

But the bigger question is why would somebody leave a Championship club for a League One club.

Once again something really stinks at our club.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The poor timing of this departure is symptomatic of how poorly our club has become. The season is almost over (in more ways than one), we have almost half a squad to potentially replace and our head of recruitment is leaving and, as yet no replacement lined up. I wonder what will happen to the scouting reports already compiled on new signings. Will Harvey use these as targets for Sunderland now?

But the bigger question is why would somebody leave a Championship club for a League One club.

Once again something really stinks at our club.

Probably tired of his work being overuled by TM, ie Ayala. Probably thinks what is the point identifying targets using his data-driven approach only for TM to buy yet another player from Boro.

• Like 1

Why aren't the press asking, nay digging to find out exactly why people are leaving ?

Absolute waste of chip paper all we get is Mowbrays angle on it. Not even the CEO who's supposed to be in charge of these things. No just the first team manager putting his spin on it.

Why no interview with Harvey ?   Why no questions asked when a groundsman leaves to go to a lower level cub ?

Surely that is what actually passes for news and where there might be a story.  

• Like 1