BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

The "Journey" continues on Friday away at Wycombe 3PM KO.

Will TM's player tombolo throw up one or two surprises? Kaminski 25/1 to start Centre Forward on skybet

C'mon TM charge that Sat Nav up and put some directions in towards the end of the journey avoiding roundabouts.

COYB

If we are in year one of Mowbray's journey then what year of the journey are Wycombe in?

Would have been a popular trip this one over Easter Weekend and a new ground for many. 

A defeat would usually have seen Mowbray getting grief from the 2-3000 travelling fans. Not this weekend though. The most grief he will get is a few 'negative' questions from the 2-3 journalists who bother covering this one.

Wycombe need a win here to have any chance. Despite their lowly position they've actually competed this season and other than the game at Ewood haven't really been hammered at all.

Mowbray has officially given up on the season, so he's on to plan b now of protecting his position by talking about the journey and playing the kids.

A few decent performances from the youngsters should keep him in the good books until next season.

Not sure how it will go. I'd like to think we are capable of a win but under Mowbray who knows. I highly doubt we will be putting 5 past them again, i think we'll go in with the wrong attitude that we are much better than them and play poorly, go 1 down and then equalise late on. Mowbray can praise them post game and say we are on a journey and can't expect to beat the likes of Wycombe away because we aren't quite Brentford yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure how it will go. I'd like to think we are capable of a win but under Mowbray who knows. I highly doubt we will be putting 5 past them again, i think we'll go in with the wrong attitude that we are much better than them and play poorly, go 1 down and then equalise late on. Mowbray can praise them post game and say we are on a journey and can't expect to beat the likes of Wycombe away because we aren't quite Brentford yet.

Gareth will have them proper at it, we are on a poor run, they will get into our faces and we won't be up for it.

3-1 Wycombe 

1 - 3  to Rovers

I think we'll finally find the flat track bully mode here it's getting to that end of the season. Pressure is all on them, beach in sight and a care free summer for our lot.  A few will also be eyeing another lucrative mid table season here so will want to impress generous Tone before he starts handing out the 1 year extensions.

• Backroom
2 hours ago, perthblue02 said:

The "Journey" continues on Friday away at Wycombe 3PM KO.

Will TM's player tombolo throw up one or two surprises? Kaminski 25/1 to start Centre Forward on skybet

C'mon TM charge that Sat Nav up and put some directions in towards the end of the journey avoiding roundabouts.

COYB

As out of date as Mowbray! Get Google Maps up on your phone!

40 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sort of the same, and it will be for me until the manager goes.

We couldn't beat Coventry at home, can we see off the mighty Wycombe away?

We should be able to beat them but if a loss there pushes Mowbray nearer to the door then I won’t lose any sleep over it which is sad to say. Haven’t wanted a manager to go this much since K**n. 

I will say, I was looking forward to seeing Dacky getting up to speed the rest of the way, then his second debilitating injury in two years. 

But, it’s become kinda fun to anticipate the next goal from Gally; we haven’t expected him to score, but since he’s been playing his more natural position, he’s up to six goals. Not great, I know, but it’s fun when he hammers/lofts/heads in a goal... usually, off a great feed from Elliott. 

6 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I will say, I was looking forward to seeing Dacky getting up to speed the rest of the way, then his second debilitating injury in two years. 

But, it’s become kinda fun to anticipate the next goal from Gally; we haven’t expected him to score, but since he’s been playing his more natural position, he’s up to six goals. Not great, I know, but it’s fun when he hammers/lofts/heads in a goal... usually, off a great feed from Elliott. 

Strangely, I get entertainment trying to guess Mowbrays team choices. The only one I am certain of at the moment is Kaminski in goal.

• Like 2

• K-Hod pinned this topic
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Coyle? Appleton for sure too. 

Definitely Coyle. Can't remember what people's thoughts were about Appleton before his sacking - we'd been well and truly dire for a good few games and the football was abysmal (Millwall at home in the FA Cup *shudder* while the Burnley game was awful too apart from Dunny's goal) but can't honestly remember the general opinion at the time. I think, when he was sacked, it was more anger at Venky's and what they'd turned us into. I don't remember my reaction being 'I'm glad he's gone', just a shake of the head at the overall mess.

• Like 5

Seriously, in these final eight games, we should take points in at least six of them. The only two I do not expect at least a point, are Cardiff & Bournemouth. 

TM: “... we also have to win this next football match.”

Three wins & three ties, at least. Then I will worry about TM’s fate. Nothing will happen until after the seasons final whistle, anyway. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 1

My team

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Dolan  Travis  Buckley  Rankin-Costello 

Gallagher  Armstrong 

The team I think Mowbray will pick 

Kaminski 

JRC Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Travis Trybull Buckley 

Elliott      Armstrong    Brereton 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Coyle? Appleton for sure too. 

Why did you want Appleton out? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Dolan  Travis  Buckley  Rankin-Costello 

Gallagher  Armstrong 

The team I think Mowbray will pick 

Kaminski 

JRC Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Travis Trybull Buckley 

Elliott      Armstrong    Brereton 

Why did you want Appleton out? 

Because watching his team was soul destroying, culminating in a cowardly performance at home to Millwall with a place at Wembley on the line.

He said the right things but actions speak louder than words, maybe he has matured and grown as a manager since but at that time, there was no sign that things were about to improve and indeed it took a change to Bowyer who himself is not a good manager otherwise we would have gone down. At the time, the only reason to keep him was blind hope because on the pitch it was grim.

Regarding your team for tomorrow, not that the game matters, but I would go close to your first team if Armstrong is fit, although Rankin Costello needs to be on the right where he can cross the ball, would have him right and maybe Rothwell left.