BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

Well, I think I'm going to sign off here for a few hours for my own sanity & go & measure up for some new blinds & then have a beer or 10.

On a lighter note, did anyone notice that all the match balls had "WW" written on them? Made me chuckle, it's like amateur clubs playing down the park on a Sunday making sure they get their balls back.

Anyway, TTFN.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, windymiller7 said:

Well, I think I'm going to sign off here for a few hours for my own sanity & go & measure up for some new blinds & then have a beer or 10.

On a lighter note, did anyone notice that all the match balls had "WW" written on them? Made me chuckle, it's like amateur clubs playing down the park on a Sunday making sure they get their balls back.

Anyway, TTFN.

You do right mate. I'm on the vodka and I can't stand the stuff.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Mowbray saying we lacked quality in the final third! Rhubarb. We lacked it all over the pitch and it's high time he accepted responsibility!!

9 goals scored in 15 isn’t it? 1 win in 13. Statistics that no manager can hide behind....other than Mowbray at Rovers. Sick to death of it.

• Like 3

A quick look at the 39 game mark since TM took over (Championship Games)

20/21    39    12    10    17    50    43    7            46
19/20    39    15    11    13    55    48    7            56
18/19     39    12    11    16    53    62    -9          47
16/17      8       2     5      1     10     9    +1           11     

Edited by perthblue02

3 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

A quick look at the 39 game mark since TM took over

Regression 

From the false dawn of early season to the slow and excruciating death throes of a manager, passionless and completely without direction.

Unable to counter sides who, as all the division has, have completely negated our supposed tactics.

Weighed down by £12 million wasted on two ,pound for pound, the worst forwards seen at Ewood in a long time.

Unable to escape relegation, to winning promotion from a division way below the talents of Mulgrew, Graham and Dack.

Now assembled a team without passion and character.

Lenihan excepted , no leaders, just a lot of journeymen going through the motions.

After Armstrong's departure, which is inevitable, both for financial reasons and  personal ambition, would you allow a man who gives the most turgid post-match interviews a chance next season?

The time has come for a change, from top to bottom,everybody from Waggot,Mowbray, downwards are treading water.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, J*B said:

He should have been forcefully removed in January 2020. This will divide opinion - but I’ll say it anyway. If you continued to support him then, then you’re part of the reason we are here now. 

Feb 2019 for me.

Otherwise couldn't agree more.

• Like 3

Just now, perthblue02 said:

A quick look at the 39 game mark since TM took over (Championship Games)

So the all-new and exciting 'attacking platform' has brought us the least amount of goals yet since being back in the Championship. It's almost like he makes it up as he goes along. 

You have to wonder how Mowbray is able to sit at home with a clear conscience tonight. Surely anyone with an ounce of their own self-worth and pride would look at themselves in the mirror and admit that they are failing in their job and can no longer justify picking up their very high wages.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

You have to wonder how Mowbray is able to sit at home with a clear conscience tonight. Surely anyone with an ounce of their own self-worth and pride would look at themselves in the mirror and admit that they are failing in their job and can no longer justify picking up their very high wages.

But it's not his fault. It's everybody else!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

Becoming obvious the only reason TM resigned from Coventry is because they weren't paying him much and his agent likely convinced him he could find a better paying gig elsewhere. Nothing to do with 'integrity' as he would have held his hands up and walked away from here a long time ago if his true values matched his words. 

To be fair, I wouldn't expect anyone, even Mowbray, to just walk from a job these days, there's way too much money at stake. He needs to be sacked by the owners and imo he has needed sacking for over two years.

I have always given the owners the benefit of the doubt in terms of being well intentioned. The problem imo is that they place far too much trust in people who worm their way into their confidence and thereafter it's a case of "While the cat's away........"

If I am right that they are well intentioned though, they have to act fairly imminently.

Not even Waggott can put a positive spin on this one for his mate you wouldn't have thought.

• Like 6

Didn't watch the game, but basically sounds like most of the season. After Wycombe got battered at Ewood by Rovers Ainsworth did a bit of research. Switched from playing four at the back to a back three and - as everyone else has this season - totally nullified us. I can't believe we are now in April and this basic issue has been obvious since early December but we are still ploughing the same furrow. 

It's so predictable. I'm a bit alarmed we are still trying to play 433 when it clearly isn't working on any level.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

l

“We have to accept the results, I’m not running away from the results, I’ve said that to the team,” Mowbray told the Lancashire Telegraph.

“We’ve had so many 1-0 defeats this year and you have to turn those 1-0 defeats into 1-0 wins and then you would be right up the table

What an absolute w*nker.

About as "nice" as a bloke taking a club into oblivion.

• Like 2

Guys on at the end of the game won't be here next season... Downing took a corner, which was fluffed by a underachiever. 

Manager doesn't leave his seat.

Best young players are out of contract. 

Best DF is a loaner.

Best winger is a loaner. 

Best forward will be sold. 

Best MF, has his 2nd season-ending knee injury in two years. 

I mean, if ever there was a team that needed a total rebuild, manager on down, this is it. But, mostly manager. What a dismal state of affairs. 

Edited by WacoRover
  • Like 5

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Tony 'one nil to the opposition' Mowbray is happy tonight because the stats tell him we aren't far away.

This kind of denial to the truth gets teams relegated alongside tip tap football we aren't good enough to make count. I hope there is finally some coffee being smelt amongst our dwindling ranks.

The man has long since surpassed the being insulting to fans mode he really is now in snide Kean mode.  Ok not with the snake like corruptance but he's an arsehole all the same.

No cure for that i'm afraid once its been exposed.

Get gone, i don't care who steps in.

Either he’s taking the piss or too stupid to see reason why we don’t get stuffed by teams is that our main tactic is to keep the ball but do naff all with it. If, with all due respect, the likes of Wycombe take the lead they allow us possession as they know in our half it poses zero threat. Ironically if we took the lead in the first few minutes I’d wager our possession would be nearer 50:50.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Either he’s taking the piss or too stupid to see reason why we don’t get stuffed by teams is that our main tactic is to keep the ball but do naff all with it. If, with all due respect, the likes of Wycombe take the lead they allow us possession as they know in our half it poses zero threat. Ironically if we took the lead in the first few minutes I’d wager our possession would be nearer 50:50.

It's like a boxer who never throws a punch and keeps losing on point but he keeps going because his argument is he's never been knocked out.

That's how delusional it is but you can just see the Indians lapping up this nearly there shite.

• Like 5

TBH - it was like playing with 10 men - Douglas has to be the biggest disappointment ever - I had such high hopes when he signed. 

Though they didn't play well - can't blame the strikers too much - as they were feeding off scraps.

For me it comes down to one person - we lacked passion and intensity throughout - TM has done so much good for the club, but he really needs to do the decent thing.

I in absolutely no way want to accuse Mowbray of being a liar or corrupt, BUT how anybody could be so blasé in a post match interview about an absolutely diabolical performance tied in with a diabolical run leads me to think he KNOWS he is going absolutely no where.

The only thing that leads me to think he knows he is so safe is that he is part of a management set up which seems happy to sell the most valuable asset the club owns to make some money back for the owners.

• Like 6

Another thing today that sums up his cackhanded approach was the dropping of two of our own players to start two loan guys who are just seeing out their time here. Then he hooks those to to put the others back on after 70 mins.

In a season going nowhere and nothing to play for what is the point in it ?

Just shows he's all about trying to keep all the boys happy and their clubs where loanees are concerned. He'd rather be Mr popular with the boys and take a loss or draw rather than piss half of them off but gather 3 points.

Really sums up why we go nowhere with him and never will, such senseless stuff.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6