BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

That's his sales pitch to the fans but i'll bet there are a different set of ideas in place in his head. 

Yes.

And that's if you accept that anything at all will ever be built on the existing Academy site if both planning applications go through and the other plot is sold for housing. 

• Like 1

I spent the day seeing a friend who had their first born during lockdown, with rules easing it meant we could meet outside and it was a great day. The Rovers match didn’t even cross my mind and I didn’t actually check the result until 7pm and when I did it didn’t even surprise me. 
I’m upset it’s got this far and I don’t really remember feeling like this since Kean. It may just be that we have nothing to play for this season (now), but I think it’s more to do with how we’ve surpassed the peak of this management (last season) and we’re now on a downward spiral. 

If you compared the last 10 years to the Covid graphs...

Sam Alladyce: Feb 2020 it’s all good here carry on as normal 

Steve Kean: May 2020 oh fuck 

Paul Lambert: Aug 20 eat out to help out (are things getting back to normal?) - spoiler no this fecked up too  

Owen Coyle: Dec 20 here we fecking go again

Tony Mowbray ? 

There actually has been more spikes and dips in Rovers last 10 years than Covid that I can’t add the Mowbray dip to this rubbish analogy.   

I’ll have a flick through the thread tomorrow to see the general feel but don’t imagine it’ll be good reading. 

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, DE. said:

Becoming obvious the only reason TM resigned from Coventry is because they weren't paying him much and his agent likely convinced him he could find a better paying gig elsewhere. Nothing to do with 'integrity' as he would have held his hands up and walked away from here a long time ago if his true values matched his words. 

This.

I don't particularly blame Mowbray or his entourage for this...they were offered a lucrative contract and they're fulfilling it as we all would. 

The Venky's signed off on this contract and it's the Venky's who need to terminate it. If you follow every single problem the club has had since 2010 back to its source then it always, always goes back to one place; Venkateshwara House, Pune.

Mowbary leaving (and it has to happen soon, this can't go on) won't be a cause for celebration for me. He's just a manager who has run his course. 

The problems will remain and they're all sat on their arses in India. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

This.

I don't particularly blame Mowbray or his entourage for this...they were offered a lucrative contract and they're fulfilling it as we all would. 

The Venky's signed off on this contract and it's the Venky's who need to terminate it. If you follow every single problem the club has had since 2010 back to its source then it always, always goes back to one place; Venkateshwara House, Pune.

Mowbary leaving (and it has to happen soon, this can't go on) won't be a cause for celebration for me. He's just a manager who has run his course. 

I fully agree. This football club, ceased being a proper club, when these loons racked up. The fans have had to endure one disaster after another. We go from the sublime, to the ridiculous, with 5 managers in one season, to keeping a manager, who has won one in 13.

Yes Mowbray needs to go, but the club is in grave danger, with these people in charge. The silence is deafening yet again & I liken Roves right now to a dying man, on life support, who is a flick of a switch away from the end.

The club is on its knees with very little signs of life. 

• Like 5

So what if we sell AA and make say, 10-15 million clear profit after Nufc's cut? 

It's like going out on the piss and spending £200 and then finding a tenner on your way home, it's inconsequential and I can't believe it's important to the Vs. 

So what is the point for them of keeping Mowbray? They must be disinterested, I can't think of any other reason.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

So what if we sell AA and make say, 10-15 million clear profit after Nufc's cut? 

It's like going out on the piss and spending £200 and then finding a tenner on your way home, it's inconsequential and I can't believe it's important to the Vs. 

So what is the point for them of keeping Mowbray? They must be disinterested, I can't think of any other reason.

10m profit on AA just offsets the money we have lost on BB & SG.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Ainsworth sounded more upset by our losing today than Mowbray did!

"Blackburn have lost and I don't like that, ever. It is the first result I look for"

I think he said a bit more than that about it too, but I can't seem to find it now.

Get him in!

• Like 1

I like many others didn't even bother to watch and I'm happy that I didn't. Its easier to just look at the score and shrug the shoulders than to sit through it all pulling the last remaining hairs out of my head.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheRoversReturn said:

This.

The only issue with the “we would all do the same” argument is that any of the rest of us wouldn’t give up or keep persevering with the same tired, falling approach time and again. We can all see the problems that Mowbray seemingly can’t. Yes, it’s easy being an armchair fan but we certainly wouldn’t take all this lying down while waiting (hoping?) for the axe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

My the looks of it, this result has turned even the happy clappy crew on Facebook. 

So it should- for me it wasnt the result that upset me (though that was bad enough) it was how we were outfought by a team which is (on paper) far inferior to ours. TM seems to lack the ability to get the best out of the players- surely a sign he needs to go.

12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The only issue with the “we would all do the same” argument is that any of the rest of us wouldn’t give up or keep persevering with the same tired, falling approach time and again. We can all see the problems that Mowbray seemingly can’t. Yes, it’s easy being an armchair fan but we certainly wouldn’t take all this lying down while waiting (hoping?) for the axe.

My experience as an employer tells me 9/10 people never see poor performance as their fault which causes them to sit in until either, they are pushed out OR they find something else and leave.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

My the looks of it, this result has turned even the happy clappy crew on Facebook. 

I’m sure the Mowbray Pom poms will be out as soon we so much as take the lead again. We’d lost 6 and drawn one before beating millwall and on the LET comments section of one article I read some dumb dumb asking where all the Mowbray out brigade were. Naturally they arrived but still.

* I do think for some people their decisions are purely based on what’s happened during the previous 90 mins.   

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’m sure the Mowbray Pom poms will be out as soon we so much as take the lead again. We’d lost 6 and drawn one before beating millwall and on the LET comments section of one article I read some dumb dumb asking where all the Mowbray out brigade were. Naturally they arrived but still.

* I do think for some people their decisions are purely based on what’s happened during the previous 90 mins.   

It's insufferable isn't it because after a win if you said "I still want Mowbray out" you get met with "we've just won, what more can he do, there's no pleasing some people." 

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

So it should- for me it wasnt the result that upset me (though that was bad enough) it was how we were outfought by a team which is (on paper) far inferior to ours. TM seems to lack the ability to get the best out of the players- surely a sign he needs to go.

Its been a regular theme through his tenure that though just cast minds back to us playing Wigan etc this stage last year. That's why it's vital we avoid another relegation scrap under him because the fate is sealed before it starts.

Although his points tally since arriving might have been midtable we went down with a whimper. The only real fight was on the last day, that's also why we never challenged for the lge 1 title. He threw the towel in on that way before he could have when the job was done.

Again upon promotion it was a case of job done, why push and try to kick on when we can plod to stability.

It's also we we've crumbled every time there's been a whiff of the top 6.

He just doesn't have that mentality it is all about the plod and it rubs off on the team and whole set up. Sadly over a year ago that turned to arse covering as well, there is no journey there's only the plod under him. The bus might get a few new tyres or a new gearbox every now and then but it'll always stay on the same flat route.

It doesn't have the horsepower or the driver for anything else.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Very little support on LT comments for Mowbray today and 70+ responses when I last looked. I think even the dumbest have finally seen the light.

His latest guff has me furious. Lamenting that we keep losing 1-0 and implying we were so close or it’s bad luck. We lose because we can’t score. And we can’t score because you Mowbray threw  away 12 million quid on 2 strikers who are rubbish.  

You don’t take responsibility for this and you don’t take responsibility for anything else. And when you leave, the club will find it difficult to function. We’ll be losing young talent for nothing, there’ll be no money for transfers, you intend to wreck the Academy with your mates and we could be back in Div 1 again. Oh, and crowds will be tiny.

That will be your legacy Tony and you should be ashamed. I haven’t the words to express my anger and contempt. Go.

I am absolutely furious at what is happening to my club,

• Like 8

18 minutes ago, 47er said:

You don’t take responsibility for this and you don’t take responsibility for anything else. And when you leave, the club will find it difficult to function. We’ll be losing young talent for nothing, there’ll be no money for transfers, you intend to wreck the Academy with your mates and we could be back in Div 1 again. Oh, and crowds will be tiny.

That will be your legacy Tony and you should be ashamed. I haven’t the words to express my anger and contempt. Go.

I am absolutely furious at what is happening to my club,

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

My experience as an employer tells me 9/10 people never see poor performance as their fault which causes them to sit in until either, they are pushed out OR they find something else and leave.

I also think if given the option of walking away or trying to turn it around with the prospect of a pay off if not then most of us would take the second option.

That may be because we think we have enough about us to turn it around or it could be because it’s more lucrative but either way it’s clearly a more attractive proposition.

Sorry to say I wouldn’t be walking away myself 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

The difference is that in football the buck always stops with the manager and he pays the price with his job.

If he really thinks that he’s entitled to sit there and pretend that doesn’t apply to him then he is simply taking the piss.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The difference is that in football the buck always stops with the manager and he pays the price with his job.

If he really thinks that he’s entitled to sit there and pretend that doesn’t apply to him then he is simply taking the piss.

Unfortunately he can sit here as long a as he wants because his boss is only here cause TM got him the gig. Nice and cozy!

• Like 2