BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because watching his team was soul destroying, culminating in a cowardly performance at home to Millwall with a place at Wembley on the line.

He said the right things but actions speak louder than words, maybe he has matured and grown as a manager since but at that time, there was no sign that things were about to improve

Appleton knew the players staff needed overhauling and players needed to go. Its was obvious that was his long term plan. 

I would have kept Appleton. Yes the Millwall game wasn't good. I was there. Remember it well.

Appleton has done a good job at Oxford which included an promotion and then now at Lincoln. Seen a couple of their games on TV recently.. 

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

indeed it took a change to Bowyer who himself is not a good manager otherwise we would have gone down. At the time, the only reason to keep him was blind hope because on the pitch it was grim.

Yet again. Disagree on Bowyer not being a Good manager. Did a good job in overhauling the squad and getting rid of the bad eggs at the club. But couldnt get us top 6 which was the aim in season two in my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Regarding your team for tomorrow, not that the game matters, but I would go close to your first team if Armstrong is fit, although Rankin Costello needs to be on the right where he can cross the ball, would have him right and maybe Rothwell left.

The game does matters in my opinion. Every game matters. 

We need Dolan pace on one side and Rankin-Costello on the side. His crossing wont be affected. Look at Conway. Good player for us. He could cross a ball

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

Seriously, in these final eight games, we should take points in at least six of them. The only two I do not expect at least a point, are Cardiff & Bournemouth. 

TM: “... we also have to win this next football match.”

Three wins & three ties, at least. Then I will worry about TM’s fate. Nothing will happen until after the seasons final whistle, anyway. 

Yep I've said exactly this myself. That said, beat Wycombe and its pretty much officially dead rubber time so I wouldn't rule out points against Bournemouth and Cardiff either. There will inevitably be defeats somewhere though. Can see 4 wins from this set of fixtures, just hope venkys don't fall for the 'progress' bullshit from the spin doctors running the show. 

• Like 1

Completely different style to now obviously but similar to now the players in the squad that Appleton had weren't suited to what he wanted to do. Certainly not enough to make it count and make headway in the division although i could see what he was trying to do. He just wanted us hard to beat and be more of a long ball percentage side, right idea for the mess we were in but wrong squad to try it with.

Now if he'd have had several seasons and a few quid i'm sure he'd have stamped his style on it and although probably not prospered we wouldn't have gone down either. Could say similar about Lambert,  Berg who knows and GB had well lost his way but still had more mitigating circumstances behind the scenes than this guy has had.

Back to Appleton though, he got it so badly wrong with those cup games but lets face it we were a really poor side at the time.  Should just have gone for it though just like at times so should Mowbray.  However when people say this now is the worst football they've seen i'm not sure they are thinking back hard enough.

It was some of the worst iv'e ever seen under Derek Shaws best pal.

3 hours ago, @roverseas said:

Hoping to see a great Easter weekend from Rovers as we need to end the campaign strongly.  I do hope Darragh and Kaminski have made it back available for selection.  Need an unbeaten couple of games here preferably 4 or more points.

We need to end the campaign strongly?🤢

What, so Mowbray carries on regardless and this bullshyte continues...no thank you!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We need to end the campaign strongly?🤢

What, so Mowbray carries on regardless and this bullshyte continues...no thank you!

I might be naive, but I consider TM is out, regardless. He’s had plenty of time to get this team to where he says it should be. By his own standard, he’s failed to accomplish the mission. 

I also think a strong finish to the season benefits our younger players... as long as they are used regularly. 

2 hours ago, WacoRover said:

I might be naive, but I consider TM is out, regardless. He’s had plenty of time to get this team to where he says it should be. By his own standard, he’s failed to accomplish the mission. 

I also think a strong finish to the season benefits our younger players... as long as they are used regularly. 

I want a strong finish, purely for the selfish reason that I always feel better if we win.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team

Kaminski 

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas 

Dolan  Travis  Buckley  Rankin-Costello 

Gallagher  Armstrong 

Looks a decent side to me, good balance. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Looks a decent side to me, good balance. 

Why I selected that team and a view on next season. Travis and Buckley in centre midfield. Rankin-Costello and Dolan both wide players. Gallagher up front cos he Striker not a winger or inside forward

• Like 3

KAMINSKI

NYAMBE                    LENIHAN                       HARWOOD                     DOUGLAS

JRC                              BUCKO                                                       TRYBULL                           DOLAN

GALLAGHER                    ARMSTRONG

This is the team and formation I would like to see, although I don't expect to. For me JRC has to play on the right, as his forte is crossing with his right foot. Dolans forte will be beating players or getting free-kicks. This he can do from any forward position.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why I selected that team and a view on next season. Travis and Buckley in centre midfield. Rankin-Costello and Dolan both wide players. Gallagher up front cos he Striker not a winger or inside forward

That’s the team me for me until the end of the season and if Armstrong is going I’d put Ben up there instead

• Like 1

Not interested in any line up / formation... too late for that. 
My interest is in who is going to lead this club out of the coma it is in ...both off the field and on it. 

We end the season with so many out of contract players, so little in terms of “ feel good “ , a stadium that requires much attention in terms of cleanliness and presentation, a training ground ( part) trying to be sold, a fractured and disillusioned fan base dwindling in number, ....all lead by such weak men as Mowbray, Waggott and Venus. ....

It’s Easter ...a season of hope, of new beginnings...and where will we look for our new beginnings....probably Middlesbrough where their nobodies will be given new life to be our somebodies...

....no line up , selected by this management will be of any further interest to me ....and, as for those who wish to finish the season on a high....you’ve more stomach for the fight than I have ...

• Like 7

I will not be paying 10 pounds to watch this.

I actually preferred the international break as it seemed like the domestic season proper was over. It is actually quite depressing to think there are still several games of pointless turgid boredom to go. The saving grace is that nobody has to waste any travel time during the current times.

I think we will win the game 2-0 (though I would not care if Wycombe won 2-0). Wycombe are bottom for a reason and since any chance of having an end of season that mattered has long gone a few wins when it hardly matters is to be expected. That is the kind of set up we have these days. Yawns.

Mowbray Out please before it is too late to save next season.

Edited by Banzai
  • Like 2

It’s definitely indifferent Friday. 

I expect to be mildly annoyed before kickoff due to some head scratching selections, but this will give way to being fairly pleased at getting three points.

Im resigned to the fact we will just stumble on to the end of the season, but I really hope we have changes in the dugout and the boardroom over the summer. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

buckley starts to look like a proper footballer and he gets dropped for the terminally injured and past it holtby,other than that,it`s pretty much as i expected,either armstrong is going or mowbray rushing him back for a game has ***** his hamstring up,id`e go for the former

It's quite likely to be both