BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Good or bad Friday depending on the result

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nah, JRC just clearly isn't an athlete. It's obvious if you watch him for 5 minutes.

Genuinely feel like our young lads who have come through in the last few years have all had spells out. As @Exiled_Rover said though it’s probably more to do with the squad in general though.

Never mind we’re just softening them up for a pulling in the second half. Will finish 3-0, you can stick a Mercer on that one.

14 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Someone remind me how many international we have in today’s starting line up?

We look as though we have played three games in the last week.

Not to worry though, as they old adage goes: anyone can beat anyone in this division. With that in mind, I firmly believe that, today, we can be the pigeons rather than the statues.

The players are in Dubai since Christmas. Holiday camp kick about during the week (training) ,before a friendly at the weekend (matchday)  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Maybe instead of a goal of the season competition we should have a worst 45 minutes one...plenty of contenders. Gallagher can’t seem to trap the most basic of balls, surely if 5 of his 6 goals were scored from the bench then that’s firmly where he should be starting? Brereton looks shot of confidence (and ability) once more. Very depressing once again 

6 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Mowbray has to go, you can’t spend 12m on these two donkeys and expect to keep your job. Absolutely disgraceful

For me it is not the fact he paid so much. It is his continually trying to get them to play a role they can't. He should just admit he has made a mistake, and try to find the best  way out of the dilemma for The Rovers.

• Like 2

Outplayed by a Wycombe Wanderers team that is basically a lower half League One side operating in the Championship. They had the most chances, the best chances, the most corners, the most passion by far. We are crap.

I'd swap Ainsworth for Mowbray right now at half time without a second thought. Yet a Wycombe would never swap their gaffer for ours in a million years.

Moment of the match? It's a toss up between Trybull heading over from two yards out, Holtby with one of the most pathetically unnecessary yellow cards you will ever see or any of Ben Brereton's "efforts" on goal. 

Mowbray Out.

• Like 2

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

£7m and he can't even strike a ball cleanly. There are Sunday League forwards who can strike a ball better than Brereton. He never seems to get a proper shot off.

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

If you added Brereton and Gallagher together, I’d still prefer John O’Mara.

Favourite moment of the half: Joe Rothwell sets off in a run then, under no pressure,  rolls a pass into a square of four Wycombe players.

If you combined Brereton and Gallagher, you still wouldn't have a £7 million pound player. 

I can't see Brereton starting under another manager. Gallagher maybe, in a front 2, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if a manager didn't fancy him at all either. 

Each game just makes me feel more and more glum about how poor or squad is.

12 worth of forwards who cant control the ball, cant stay onside, cant hit a clean shot, under any manager, they are poor players. Holtby living off a reputation from 10 years when in fact his career has been full of unfulfilled promise and mediocrity, Rothwell again invisible, and Rankin Costello with injury proneness that makes Vince Grella look robust after a really shaky performance, does anyone overly care if he doesnt sign a new deal?

Disgraceful half that! Midfield 3 a joke, Elliott a luxury we can’t afford, Gallagher and Brereton both brainless, limited and totally unsuited to how we play, JRC struggled enormously defensively and once again looked like an winger being played out of position.

Plus point is Lenihan and Harwood-Bellis have stood up to the physical test pretty well.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheRoversReturn said:

Moment of the match? It's a toss up between Trybull heading over from two yards out, Holtby with one of the most pathetically unnecessary yellow cards you will ever see or any of Ben Brereton's "efforts" on goal.

I actually didn't even see any of those. Except for Brereton's offside shot. That shows how much I can be arsed to watch right now.

My personal highlight of the match so far is a comment I saw on Facebook before we had registered a shot, which probably took us until the half hour mark.

'Like an anti-vaxxer rally. Not a shot in sight.'

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Each game just makes me feel more and more glum about how poor or squad is.

12 worth of forwards who cant control the ball, cant stay onside, cant hit a clean shot, under any manager, they are poor players. Holtby living off a reputation from 10 years when in fact his career has been full of unfulfilled promise and mediocrity, Rothwell again invisible, and Rankin Costello with injury proneness that makes Vince Grella look robust after a really shaky performance, does anyone overly care if he doesnt sign a new deal?

He's versatile and not on a huge amount. Far bigger issues at play with this squad. Agree about the rest. Grim. 

Would be great if a new manager was looking at all of this now in advance of next season 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's versatile and not on a huge amount. Far bigger issues at play with this squad. Agree about the rest. Grim. 

Would be great if a new manager was looking at all of this now in advance of next season 

Im not saying dont offer him a new deal, but if he is unwilling, then he wont really be missed, hes never fit and not the most comfortable even when he does play.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Im not saying dont offer him a new deal, but if he is unwilling, then he wont really be missed, hes never fit and not the most comfortable even when he does play.

I'd like to see him played further upfield. He's not a FB.