BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager?

Season Ticket 2021/22  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Probably worth a poll as it seems to be a point of debate.

It's easy to say you won't buy one in a middle of one of the worst runs in the club's history, but after a summer of reflection, the promise of returning to Ewood and the chance to see new players, will you still fell the same in August if Mowbray is still here?

Like everyone else I imagine, I always feel renewed hope (I know, I know!) at the beginning of the season after a few months of no football, and the promise of new players and a fresh start. But I suspect this summer might be different. I'm used to not going now, I don't watch the matches anymore and I feel the people making the decisions both on and off the pitch are not only incompetent, but don't have the best interests of the club at heart. Self-serving chancers just about sums them up. 

But probably the biggest reason is that BRFC is a professional football club in a results-based industry. Mowbray, however, appears to think he isn't to be judged on results but on performances, which I genuinely find to be not only arrogant, but an insult to the fanbase. And, anyway, the performances are shite, so he's failed anyway. 

So, I think I'm out, how about you? 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

My vote is, most definitely NO....it’s not that I’m after promotion, free flowing football, win most home games....I just want a club I can believe in....one which works in an honest, straightforward way.

One which values its fan base , one which gets something from its Cat 1 Academy...one with a manager and back room team who are genuine football men who inspire their players to give their all for the shirt.

It will remain NO ...whilst  these opportunists are here. 

Edited by Dolly blue
  • Like 5

No. He’s not the only reason though. I won’t be buying one for the following reasons, in order:

1 venkys - Venky apologists often say it’s their club they can do what they want. In that case they can fund it with their billions.

2 Mowbray - football is shite, really dislike (edging towards hate) the man, mostly I just don’t believe in his journey. 

3 Swag - a con man trying to milk every penny he can from the fanbase while systematically destroying the fabric of the club.

• Like 9

I'm unlikely buy one again in the Venky era to be honest i just have no faith in this club with them steering it.  The appointment of Coyle tipped me over the edge after about 9 straight years. A few long term fans i used to go with stacked it before that because of the awful agent led nonsense. Non have yet returned full time and some of these date back to early 80's attendance like me.

To be fair the early Mowbray era restored a bit of faith in the football side of things if not the rest of it. I was tempted but then Waggots handling of ST's and closing more of the ground etc put me off.  For over 18 months now though iv'e seen straight through TMs babble, when you've seen a lot you just get a feel of how things start to shape up and where they'll head, ie nowhere.

I don't want fanciful guarantees of success or massive transfer spends. I just want to see the real above weight punching ambition that was always associated with this club.  Bad seasons, transition seasons are all part and parcel of it and so is changing manager when needed.

That's where we've been at for a long while.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

I don't buy season tickets due to where I live, but I won't be watching next season or even following what's happening during the summer if he's still here. 

If we get a different manager I will follow, watch when I can and go over when I can. 

Having said that, I know he isn't the only or even main issue. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

How the hell does the Club sell itself for Season tickets after this debacle..what if there is a price rise to boot?

It's going to be bad enough watching our top striker probably leave,while we piss around with cheap loans and Academy kids.

And then the prospect of having to listen to the Teeside Gobbin give interviews like he doesn't give a feck!

NO THANK YOU.

• Like 5

Just now, J*B said:

Yes but mostly because this last 12 months has me desperate to watch live football, in a stadium. 

That would be the only incentive for me. But I think one match watching Mowbray's dross in a quiet, dead stadium would be enough for me not to want to go back. If the urge takes me I'll try a single match ticket. 

I will, I have missed it, partly the social aspect with my mate, I will get a discount due to having bought one this year, and ultimately I have never been able to stop attending or dilute my interest, even this season I have watched every game, and in times under Coyle and Kean.

That is in no way a representation on my opinion on Mowbray which is very much that I want him out as I have done so for a while.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Mowbray will not be relishing the prospect of supporters returning to the stadium. The more supporters there to vocalise against him, the better.

Just buy a match ticket, not a season ticket. 

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

I will, I have missed it, partly the social aspect with my mate, I will get a discount due to having bought one this year, and ultimately I have never been able to stop attending or dilute my interest, even this season I have watched every game, and in times under Coyle and Kean.

That is in no way a representation on my opinion on Mowbray which is very much that I want him out as I have done so for a while.

There is no right or wrong answer, I was just interested if those that normally buy one were keen to go back, or if they'd been Mowbrayed. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

For the first time in my life I have managed to swap jobs to have Saturdays free and in a position to afford my first season ticket along with my kids . I couldn’t wait for lock down to end , pick our seats and  still be In the same one when I take the grandkids , flask, butties, blanket the lot. I have watched on and read enviously at those with season tickets and families that sit together since I was a kid. It’s always been a dream of mine since I sat in the Blackburn end alone from ten years old ( I know violins  haha) So I will get one. The sad thing is, it feels very hollow and the first time my kids come it’s going to be dead, boring and if things carry on hostile. So thanks a lot venkys and the coventrio for shattering a children’s dreams

Sadly i can see the situation arising with the start of the new season with social distancing still in forçe and numbers still restricted that attendance may very well be limited to season ticket holders only. I certainly don't anticipate being able to buy a ticket on the day far too unpredictable for waggot who needs to be in control knowing how many will be present so can be spaced out in such a manner to reduce the risk of any discontent.

10 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Sadly i can see the situation arising with the start of the new season with social distancing still in forçe and numbers still restricted that attendance may very well be limited to season ticket holders only. I certainly don't anticipate being able to buy a ticket on the day far too unpredictable for waggot who needs to be in control knowing how many will be present so can be spaced out in such a manner to reduce the risk of any discontent.

I don't think the amount of season tickets we will sell if Mowbray is still manager, will be anywhere near the amount of people that will be allowed in. So there will be tickets on sale. Or it will be a news-worthy item for the press that we are not selling our allocation. Can you imagine how the media would react if we were the only league club that happened too. 

Edited by rigger

Yes. very similar reasons to @roversfan99. I have missed attending games and seeing games live inside a stadium with friends and family. Don't like or enjoyed watching Rovers on tv or on a laptop. Its aint the same after being ST holder for over 20 years.

I also won't allow any manager force me anyway. 

Also When next season starts hopefully we have a new manager in place and positive. If Mowbray is still there, I expect fans will voice their feelings to him very quickly. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

I don't think the amount of season tickets we will sell if Mowbray is still manager, will be anywhere near the amount of people that will be allowed in. So there will be tickets on sale. Or it will be a news-worthy item for the press that we are not selling our allocation.

Guidelines at present 10% or 4000 whichever is lower 

22 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Guidelines at present 10% or 4000 whichever is lower 

BBC sport reporting that if the pilot schemes are successful, 10,000 or 25% of seating capacity whichever is lowest, would be allowed. This would mean 7500 at Ewood. We wont sell 7500 season tickets with Mowbray still manager.

• Like 1

If either Mowbray or Waggot are in situ I will not buy another season ticket next season as I cannot endorse they way they are using the club. If things continue as they are we will look back in years to come and they may well be viewed with ghe same contempt, if not more than Kean / Coyle........at least they didn't set about dismantling the infrastructure Jack put in place.

Edited by BlueBro
  • Like 3