BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager?

Season Ticket 2021/22  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a Season Ticket in 2021/22 if Mowbray is still the manager.

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I will, yeah. In no way an endorsement of him being manager, ive wanted him out for a while. I am looking forward to the social aspect of going with my mate, I have missed going in general and I will get a discount. 

OK, I hope you enjoy watching your discounted poor performances.

Will not buy any ST's whilst Waggott, Mowbray and Venus are here.

I don't trust any of those three and, IMO, it's all about me, me and me with them.

Only If Venky's appoint a top class CEO and Manager would I commit to the club.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Different options for me as it stands

1) 3 stooges all still in place, as you were folks = no season ticket

2) 2 stooges in the dugout gone, stooge upstairs still here = season ticket possible, depending upon who comes in. Another catastrophic or dodgy appointment or promotion from within, or another unjustifiable price hike and it will be a no. A sensible pricing structure, decency and a proper managerial appointment then it will be a yes.

3) 3 stooges all gone = definite season ticket

What are they waiting for? Why can other clubs sell them now?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, EgyptianPete said:

Those of us that bought season tickets for this season, where we not being offered £10 for every match we could not attend off the price of next seasons ticket price, or was that a dream.

Wasn’t it the difference between a ST price and the number of £10 iFollow home games? Seem to remember that a full season missed being about £169 or something off next season?

£399 for a ST (including Riverside!) minus £230 for iFollow?

(And you got 7 free away games that us disloyal fans didn’t - presumably an offer from the EFL to boost cashflow, and then still penalised clubs for late accounts!)

• Like 1

Yes that was exactly the deal @Stuart.

This is the only reason that I might consider a ST if he's still here. My thinking is that the discount will probably only be available before the season starts &, knowing my luck, we'd get a month into the season, pot Mowbray & Venus, & then appoint someone who we could all be enthusiastic about.

Were I having to stump up the full amount, it would be a definite no.

2 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Yes that was exactly the deal @Stuart.

This is the only reason that I might consider a ST if he's still here. My thinking is that the discount will probably only be available before the season starts &, knowing my luck, we'd get a month into the season, pot Mowbray & Venus, & then appoint someone who we could all be enthusiastic about.

Were I having to stump up the full amount, it would be a definite no.

It would be the mother of all FUs if he was to renege on the deal.

• Like 1

I expect what Waggott will end up doing is either keeping prices at £400 (which he will then declare and publicise as a price freeze and expect credit for that) or he will put prices up again.

I think a price cut is completely out of the question and not something they will even consider.

Shame because many clubs up and down the divisions have already got theirs on sale with reduced prices, knowing full well they need to take drastic steps to re-engage fans.

I don't think even Waggott would dare try and renege on the agreement from last summer and the deal offered to those buying tickets then. If he did that would probably finish off everyone. 

What I think he will do is either put prices up for everyone to cover whatever cost there is and to absorb whatever loss the deal from last year brings, or alternatively spin it so that those getting money knocked off as per the offer last year will be made out to be benefiting from some brilliant prices (even though they've already paid for it this year).

On 04/04/2021 at 20:34, Stuart said:

Covid testing would be the death knell for football. I won’t be buying a ST if I’m expected to have a test prior to attending. Is there a refund on your ticket if you test positive? Will you be allowed to attend without a mask if you test negative? Will singing, shouting and cheering be allowed?

If people don’t want to have a vaccine then it’s their decision. They will simply have to take their chances - as they do with flu.

Everything should be getting back to normal by the start of next season.

Totally agree Stuart. And the narrative on these abhorrent vaccine passports as if they are normal needs to stop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

I expect what Waggott will end up doing is either keeping prices at £400 (which he will then declare and publicise as a price freeze and expect credit for that) or he will put prices up again.

I think a price cut is completely out of the question and not something they will even consider.

Shame because many clubs up and down the divisions have already got theirs on sale with reduced prices, knowing full well they need to take drastic steps to re-engage fans.

I don't think even Waggott would dare try and renege on the agreement from last summer and the deal offered to those buying tickets then. If he did that would probably finish off everyone. 

What I think he will do is either put prices up for everyone to cover whatever cost there is and to absorb whatever loss the deal from last year brings, or alternatively spin it so that those getting money knocked off as per the offer last year will be made out to be benefiting from some brilliant prices (even though they've already paid for it this year).

10,000 ST sales is always the target so...

2,500 x £169 = £422,500

£422,500 / 10,000 = £42.25

Not beyond the realms for Waggott to add £40 to ST prices for a single lower tier price and add £50 to JW upper.

Maybe some sales target driven rebate to ‘encourage’ uptake.

”Benno has signed a new deal, are YOU committed?”

• Like 1

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/news/2021/april/season-ticket-information/

Accy Stanley have released prices for next season, adults at just £219.

Strange because I thought the uncertainty and pandemic were stopping us announcing prices. Must be another case of Covid stopping at the M65 and affecting us in ways it doesn't affect others.