BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ranting about trivial issues

I thought I would start a thread to let people let off some steam. Anything that isn't too serious. No Venkys or government here.

I wanted to post this earlier in another thread but for the love of God...

1. 'We was' and 'it were' are wrong. Children aged 7 can see they're wrong. Adults should be able to.

2. Pundits using the present tense for things that happened in the past or haven't happened yet. LISTEN MORONS! "If he HAD GOT it on target it WOULD HAVE BEEN a goal." This makes sense because it's in English!

3. Your = Belonging to you          You're = You are

That'll do for the moment until some other cretin annoys me with a basic lack of education. Wait. Actually..

4. Morrisons staff should blooming well fry their doughnuts for longer they're supposed to be a little crispy on the outside not sugary bread!

5. Irritated that I used two main clauses in 4. but didn't put punctuation in. Sod it! ...longer. They're...

Edited by Riverside under the drip

Game shows that are fixed if its a "celebrity" version. The chase is a perfect example of bullshit gerrymandering..

Oh, and MOTD commentary on each match is done after the edit, and it pisses me off that the commentator always gives the goal away before it happens by praising the eventual goalscorer.....obviously look like a better analyst....all bullshit 

Edited by Sparks Rover

Paul O'Grady, Alan Carr, George Ezra, Ellie Goulding, Lenny Henry, people who don't indicate, people who take up all the road when turning left/right, people who don't dip their headlights till you've had your eyeballs frazzled, people who leave bags of dog shit lying about, litterbugs, fly tippers, The One Show, screaming children, snotty/frilly fried eggs, cauliflower, sprouts, magpies, people who run over hedgehogs.

Just off the top of my head 😁

Edited by DeeCee

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

People who write 'of' instead of 'have'. 

Children who I spent a year talking about my own personal Room 101 with. This, adjectives used as adverbs (the lad did good) and mayonnaise. Walked out the SATs room. I smiled and asked them about Room 101. What did I hate (knowing wink about Question 3)? Mayonnaise they all chanted.

WAS THAT A QUESTION IN YOUR SODDING SATS? NO? I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT ELSE I TALKED ABOUT...

I loved them all dearly to be fair. They were my favourite bunch ever.

Edited by Riverside under the drip
  • Like 2

People who say ‘lay down’ instead of lie down. Another Americanism that has crept into the Queen’s English. Twenty five years ago, when my lad played Junior League football, a bloke with a dog at a game, was saying to it, ‘lay down....lay down...’ The dog just sat there and looked at him. I whispered to the guy next to me, ‘if he tells it to lie down, it may well do it.’

To re-emphasise a few football phrases from above, ones that do my head in are baller (Americanism), false nine and in the whole.

Disc Jockeys at social events that think it’s all about them and insist on playing music so loud you can only actually speak to the people sat next to you.

People in super markets who insist on carefully examining every packet of boiled ham or bacon etc before decided they don’t actually want bacon or boiled ham that day.

This may be a “ Blackburnism “ as several people on this site do it quite often. Using “ them “ instead of “ those “. I E “ them shirts look terrible “ etc.

14 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Paul O'Grady, Alan Carr, George Ezra, Ellie Goulding, Lenny Henry, people who don't indicate, people who take up all the road when turning left/right, people who don't dip their headlights till you've had your eyeballs frazzled, people who leave bags of dog shit lying about, litterbugs, fly tippers, The One Show, screaming children, snotty/frilly fried eggs, cauliflower, sprouts, magpies, people who run over hedgehogs.

Can't believe I forgot James Corden!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Gav said:

Poster who are complaining about spelling, grammar and how people speak?

Get a fooking grip people.

It’s only a rant thread, you can always just keep scrolling....

16 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Agree with most of those, especially The One Show which must be the biggest bag of cack on tv.

• Like 1