BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ranting about trivial issues

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

People who use the "You don't pay bloody road tax" to criticise cyclists (even if they're being reasonable) 

People who criticise cyclists (other road users in general) while displaying their own monumental ignorance of the Highway Code.

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

People who criticise cyclists (other road users in general) while displaying their own monumental ignorance of the Highway Code.

Does the highway code not state that "car > bike therefore has right of way in every situation"? 

• Backroom
7 hours ago, RoverDom said:

Does the highway code not state that "car > bike therefore has right of way in every situation"? 

If you can reference please do. My understanding is that all road users are equal in priority terms?

Although I understand revisions are underway to more officially prioritise cyclists and pedestrians over motorists now, rather than rely on the common sense approach (which few motorists have anymore) to protecting the more vulnerable road user.

2 minutes ago, Mike E said:

If you can reference please do. My understanding is that all road users are equal in priority terms?

Although I understand revisions are underway to more officially prioritise cyclists and pedestrians over motorists now, rather than rely on the common sense approach (which few motorists have anymore) to protecting the more vulnerable road user.

I jest. 

It's frustrating that there's a lack of common sense around it all on both sides. From cyclists riding two abreast to cars giving about 2 inches room when passing. I say that as someone who has been on both sides. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I jest. 

It's frustrating that there's a lack of common sense around it all on both sides. From cyclists riding two abreast to cars giving about 2 inches room when passing. I say that as someone who has been on both sides. 

In fairness, I don't mind cyclists riding abreast (even 3 abreast at times, although HC says 2) as I reckon it's easier to overtake that way.

• 2 months later...

Why do Asda feel the need to move their store around every few days at the minute?! Asked a girl there where the bakery sausage rolls were that used to be in the corner. She looked at me. Then she went and picked up a pack of bread rolls.

"No. Sausage rolls. They used to be behind you in the corner there..."

She turned round, walked to the empty corner and stared into the cream cake display. I left at that point. Clayton Green Asda it is.

On 31/10/2021 at 16:22, Riverside under the drip said:

Why do Asda feel the need to move their store around every few days at the minute?! Asked a girl there where the bakery sausage rolls were that used to be in the corner. She looked at me. Then she went and picked up a pack of bread rolls.

"No. Sausage rolls. They used to be behind you in the corner there..."

She turned round, walked to the empty corner and stared into the cream cake display. I left at that point. Clayton Green Asda it is.

It's a marketing trick so you have to go all over the place and buy more goods. all shops do it some more than others. dose my head in as well.

On 19/08/2021 at 10:48, Mike E said:

In fairness, I don't mind cyclists riding abreast (even 3 abreast at times, although HC says 2) as I reckon it's easier to overtake that way.

How is it easier? There must be a logic to what you're saying but I can't see it. Less time to overtake maybe?

• Backroom
1 hour ago, DanLad said:

How is it easier? There must be a logic to what you're saying but I can't see it. Less time to overtake maybe?

Precisely that. Less time to overtake and you're forced to overtake correctly (fully in the oncoming lane), and therefore more safely.

• Like 3

When did they make single Opel fruits (Starbursts) so small and difficult from a middle aged bloke, with fat fingers, to get into?

Why do sarsaparilla tablets not taste the same as they used to, or pear drops for that matter.

Don't get me started of the size of a Curley Wurley or Mars Bar.

Anyone know where the nearest Slimmers World is?

• Like 2