BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

Two teams which are being dragged down by crap managers. Two squads with far more potential than they've shown this season. Rovers players' downed tools months ago as can be seen by their awful form. They'll turn up and do the basics but that's it. They really don't seem to give too much of a shit, they've been Mowbrayed and are totally unmotivated. Woodgate was a ridiculous appointment, but they retain some talented players.

Prediction: Perhaps a 1-1 (Bournemouth goal from a set piece), with the joyful reappearance of some of the Mowbray sycophants on Facebook and the LET, telling all and sundry that he's still got the dressing room behind him, which somehow one league win in 14 illustrates. 

If you had the chance, who'd end the season right now so we could all have a break from this shambles of a club/manager/team that we've become under Venky's?

• Like 2

Just now, lraC said:

0-1 this one, then on to Cardiff and a similar score. That could perhaps jolt the manager into accepting, we are in a relegation battle, despite his platitudes on the latest LT story. 

“In my mind, we’ve got seven games to go, we’ll win enough football matches not to get concerned"

Tony Mowbray: Rovers 'will win enough not to get concerned' | Lancashire Telegraph

At least he knows how many games are left. 

Literally amazed Mowbray is still here. There were quite a few saying he was unsackable but I put that down to hyperbole. Really looks like he is.

The way Bournemouth play might help us. They are pretty open and likely to play 4 at the back. Given that we might look half decent and scrape a draw. 

my team 

Kaminski

Nyambe Lenihan Harwood-Bellis Douglas

Dolan   Buckley   Travis   Rothwell

Gallagher Armstrong/McBride

If Armstrong is fit and ready to start then I would start him, if not I would play McBride. 

• Like 4

Don't think Armstrong will feature. There's more to that situation than meets the eye IMO.

I think a score draw here. A win wouldn't surprise me. Sooner or later it will come even by fluke more than design. Bournemouth will play and that will suit our 'style'.

Not that the result really makes any difference as Mowbray is secure either way but it would be nice to get to 50 points sooner rather than later.

Only one thing worse than horrendous form and it is knowing that the manager and staff delivering it are unaccountable for it. A disgraceful way to run a club

• Like 4

I would be giving Dan Pike a start and have Sam Burns in the squad too. No need to play Armstrong again this season. I'm not buying in to the injury that he supposedly has. I think he is being protected for a summer sale. 

Kaminski

Pike Lenihan THB Douglas 

Travis 

Buckley Rothwell 

Elliott Dolan Brereton

• Like 1

Bournemouth, Watford, Brentford, Barnsley and the dingles, all higher in the pecking order than The Pride of Lancashire....after an investment over 10 years approaching £200 million, what could possibly have gone wrong?

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

COYB!!!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

“In my mind, we’ve got seven games to go, we’ll win enough football matches not to get concerned"

Tony Mowbray: Rovers 'will win enough not to get concerned' | Lancashire Telegraph

At least he knows how many games are left. 

That is a ridiculous statement from Mowbray. Given our recent form we will be lucky to win one game out of 7. We may still have enough points and positive goal difference to survive but it will be close if Rotherham win some of their games in hand. I bet they don’t lose to Wycombe tomorrow! 

I don’t want to bash Mowbray but he has to face up to it that his project has failed and he doesn’t seem to be as concerned as the fans.

38 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I would be giving Dan Pike a start and have Sam Burns in the squad too. No need to play Armstrong again this season. I'm not buying in to the injury that he supposedly has. I think he is being protected for a summer sale. 

Kaminski

Pike Lenihan THB Douglas 

Travis 

Buckley Rothwell 

Elliott Dolan Brereton

Personally I think 4-3-3 leaves our full-backs exposed, and adds nothing up front.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tormund said:

We’ll lose 1-0 and he’ll say how unlucky we were to lose by one goal.

....and don’t forget the pitch or the weather. What about injury problems (particularly to ex ‘Boro crocks who were supposedly defensive and goalkeeping stalwarts!)..joke, if funny!

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I think 4-3-3 leaves our full-backs exposed, and adds nothing up front.

442 all day long for me!....Where’s the modern day variants of Hird and Bailey when you could really do with them?