BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I could find a market on Mowbray being next Championship manager to go!

Think he'll be gone by 3.00 pm tomorrow.  Maybe Waggott too - some serious noise.

That'll be Mowbray with his hands over his ears 'IM NOT LISTENING, IM NOT LISTENING, IM NOT SACKED, GO AWAY..I'll ring Mrs D over you'

• Like 2

He'll go nowhere unless he's shoved there's no fans there to frighten him to death. So he can just avoid certain numbers on his phone and have a quiet night.

He's just as brazen as Kean and Coyle from the safety of an empty stadium.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

If I could find a market on Mowbray being next Championship manager to go!

Think he'll be gone by 3.00 pm tomorrow.  Maybe Waggott too - some serious noise.

I’d like a market where could bet on Mowbray still being in a job. Put money on it then if he goes great but if he stays we’re all quids in. 

• Like 1

Personally, I’ve completely lost interest. I didn’t even watch today. I turned it off at halftime against Wycombe and didn’t come back.

It’s not even the losses that grate with me as much as it’s the manner of the losses. The players look completely lost and out of ideas. Every game you just watch Mowbray and Venus sitting on the sidelines slumped in their chairs picking at their nails or their ears, completely detached from the shambles in front of them. Apathy on the pitch, apathy on the sidelines, apathy in the fan base.

The injuries have certainly taken both a physical and mental toll on the team, but we should still be doing better and we are in desperate need of a fresh start one way or another. Surely he has to go now, if not now then at least at the end of the season.

Just now, Miker said:

Personally, I’ve completely lost interest. I didn’t even watch today. I turned it off at halftime against Wycombe and didn’t come back.

It’s not even the losses that grate with me as much as it’s the manner of the losses. The players look completely lost and out of ideas. Every game you just watch Mowbray and Venus sitting on the sidelines slumped in their chairs picking at their nails or their ears, completely detached from the shambles in front of them. Apathy on the pitch, apathy on the sidelines, apathy in the fan base.

The injuries have certainly taken both a physical and mental toll on the team, but we should still be doing better and we are in desperate need of a fresh start one way or another. Surely he has to go now, if not now then at least at the end of the season.

Now.

30 minutes ago, Butty said:

This is from November 2019. How the fuck does this man STILL have a job? He’s obviously not going to walk because “the honourable man” is about as “honourable” as Judas after the last supper (It’s Easter Monday why not). Put him out of his Misery Venkys please god. If Rotherham win a few of there games in hand we are fucked.

How about this one from 11 years ago.

MowbrayOut.jpg.e79dc548f8fc261c60c17d561fe21aaf.jpg

6 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I reckon the very unfancied Stoke (who were all at sea when played them first time) provided the blueprint on how to beat rovers in December this season.

Run a tight shop defensively and rovers will not score. If go ahead then let rovers have the ball as no attempts will be made to get into the oppositions final third. Think in that game we had 70% possession losing 1-0. 

Tbf I think the blueprint was probably established a little earlier, in this run starting in October:

Notts F - 62%, 0 points

Watford - 66%, 0 points

Coventry - 67%, 3 points  (RED)

Reading - 66%, 0 points

Swansea - 59%, 0 points

We had a nice stretch of point-winning shortly after, in which we did continue to have the bulk of possession (a little less so mind), but there was definitely some luck involved in some of those games. Then it has been pretty much the same since, apart from January, which also had a fair bit of fortune.

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

definately hanging on for his severance pay,the dishonourable ****

Well on that note I can hardly blame him, I would do the same. Who wouldn't?

Venkys need to fire him, that is how it works.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If the LT were going to stick the knife as Mercer said, it beggars belief that he wasn't immediately called out for his prior comments that he would resign if he were a burden. Had enough - to me he is as bad as Kean now. Going to end up a hate figure.

• Like 2