BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

I think I'm right in saying that we've scored a miserly 9 goals in the last 14 games and that's pathetic.

We're a shadow of the team that started the season and whilst some of the players need to take a long look in the mirror the buck ultimately stops with Mowbray.

I'd personally get rid and move Johnson up to take a look at him for the rest of this season. Can't do any worse than what Mowbray's currently achieving.

6 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I think I'm right in saying that we've scored a miserly 9 goals in the last 14 games and that's pathetic.

We're a shadow of the team that started the season and whilst some of the players need to take a long look in the mirror the buck ultimately stops with Mowbray.

I'd personally get rid and move Johnson up to take a look at him for the rest of this season. Can't do any worse than what Mowbray's currently achieving.

Can’t argue with the first couple of paragraphs mate but I’d personally get rid and hire Alex Neil

• Like 3

Just look at PNE, sack Neil, put McAvoy in charge and it’s 4 points from 2 games both against promotion chasing sides. It doesn’t take a genius to see that any change has the possibility to create a bounce. Put Johnson in charge for the remaining games and hopefully we can pick up the points needed to stay up. Keeping Mowbray in place is self-defeating 

Edited by The Mighty Chaffinch
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

think you've briefly wanted him out once before haven't you? At the end of the 1 win in 11 run? I can understand why at times you haven't wanted him gone

Think it was after Preston game which we lost 3-2 if memory serves me right..could be wrong tho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I have the fag end of a bottle of cheap Bordeaux left.  Bereft.

An unopened box of 24 Bud (£12 at Asda 👍) With 6 from the previous box in the fridge - should do the trick!

I'll saved the unopened bottle of champers from NYE (we were too pissed by midnight to bother) for the announcement! Let's hope it's not gone off by then! 

13 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Almost gave this a 'like' but I don't subscribe to the Johnson suggestion that does the rounds. He is part of the current failing first team setup. In fact it wasn't long after he moved up that we started adopting this style, was it?

I've come to suspect Billy Barr is a better manager than him tbh. Partly from his comments in the LT and partly from even better u23 performance under him.

I'd prefer to get a proper manager with a track record of recent success though. Neither Johnson nor Barr should take charge on anything more than a temporary basis if at all.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not rocket science to understand the difference between the two.

For the amount of aggravation he would have been getting he wouldn't have been on a big salary at Coventry whereas he'll be on way more here.

I don't expect anyone in his position would walk away  from here 1without any form of pay off but surely in normal circumstances him and his agent could have approached the Club at any point recently to request a payoff and departure "by mutual consent".

Sick of alluding to it but you do wonder if he's hanging on for another reason.

Of course there’s a difference but his nice guy Tony routine is a load of bull. He left Coventry because he felt he’d become detrimental to the club.

On the other hand he hasn’t left Rovers yet because of money. He couldn’t give a stuff about how the club fares as a result.

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Just look at PNE, sack Neil, put McAvoy in charge and it’s 4 points from 2 games both against promotion chasing sides. It doesn’t take a genius to see that any change has the possibility to create a bounce. Put Johnson in charge for the remaining games and hopefully we can pick up the points needed to stay up. Keeping Mowbray in place is self-defeating 

Venkys don't understand much about football, unfortunately.

• Like 4

Just now, booth said:

Of course there’s a difference but his nice guy Tony routine is a load of bull. He left Coventry because he felt he’d become detrimental to the club.

On the other hand he hasn’t left Rovers yet because of money. He couldn’t give a stuff about how the club fares as a result.

I think his contract at Coventry will have been different.  This one was drawn up by himself.

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He has 3 fit strikers to choose from - all of whom he brought to the club.  What striker 'situation' do we have?

FFS go Mowbray.

Read that as He has 3ft strikers... I known Anna is a shorthouse, and Gally jumps like he is nailed to the floor, but I think both are a bit taller than that...

Sigh.. did someone say Rovers were playing today? I think the manager forgot to tell the players..

On a side note, How shit are these 3 at a con job btw?

If I was infiltrating an organisation in order to fleece the owners, I'd make sure I had the best men for the job so as not to draw any unnecessary attention. 

These muppets have essentially hired Mr Magoo to drive the getaway vehicle for a bank job! 🤣

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

On a side note, How shit are these 3 at a con job btw?

If I was infiltrating an organisation in order to fleece the owners, I'd make sure I had the best men for the job so as not to draw any unnecessary attention. 

These muppets have essentially hired Mr Magoo to drive the getaway vehicle for a bank job! 🤣

And it’s still working!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Didn’t he say last season that we can’t expect to compete with Preston North End?

we still can’t and they are worse now. 

How long before we can compete with the mighty PNE - 3 years, 4 years or never?

Edited by den

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Pressure certainly mounting generally.

Think LT and Radio Lancs have at last read the script - think the knives are going in.

This sort of provocation that you do seemingly after every defeat, when we all know he is going nowhere, is totally unnecessary. You dont believe what you are saying so why would anybody else?!

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

You can go right back to the promotional season to see I felt mowbray wasn’t the man for this job. Took considerable stick for putting my head on the parapet to say so. Think your maybe taking the context of the word demand to literally, Iv been asking for change for a number of years. As have others- who I would now value their opinion over others who were mowbray glazed and couldn’t see the bigger footballing picture. I have sent emails to venkys, which I know will account for very little but it’s the most I could do. Would just like some people to hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong instead of jumping on the mowbray out train as if they knew all along, infuriating 

But the key is, and maybe this is more aimed at @J*B who specified that it is partially the supporters fault that we are in this mess, that there is absolutely nothing that any of us could have done to make a blind bit of difference. When Kean was here, I went on many a protest, in the end, he went when he wanted. I did the 1875 protest when Coyle was manager and shouted for him to go too, I dont believe that made any difference. In the last 12 months, which is probably how long ive wanted Mowbray out, maybe even longer, there is nothing we could do, emails wont do anything as much as I respect that it is an effort of some sort, these are pig ignorant tosspots running our club, and we havent been allowed in the stadiums for 12 months. There is nothing of substance that you have done, that J*B has done, or indeed that any of us have done to make a difference, or indeed, that we could have done to make a difference.

The I told you so side of it, firstly, that promotion season was a number of years ago, so you cannot correlate his position now and then, there will always be a point when the end comes, take Mourinho, if someone called for him to leave as he won his first title at Chelsea, would he then have been justified when it all went sour at the end? Not at all, a lot has happened between then, and this season in particular has been one of regression, whereby it is got much worse than prior to this season. I have regularly asked for Mowbray to be sacked on here, but its a forum, I dont do so expecting or thinking that my opinion makes a difference, as much as I believe it is valid as anyone elses.

• Like 7

Just now, neophox said:

Terrible.....relegation looms....

I totally agree

we play 5 teams below us. We lose those we are in big trouble, plus Rotherham have 4 games in hand and Sheff weds just tonked Cardiff. 

I really fear for us, we look lost and the body language is appalling.

Armstrong is going to get a rep for missing Pens-he’s looked really poor since the turn of the year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

Armstrong is going to get a rep for missing Pens-he’s looked really poor since the turn of the year.

Why does Armstrong continue taking penalties? Lenihan as captain should decide at the time. Surely we have a better pen taker than AA. I bet Kaminski could wallop one in the corner.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

Why does Armstrong continue taking penalties? Lenihan as captain should decide at the time. Surely we have a better pen taker than AA. I bet Kaminski could wallop one in the corner.

He’s very easy to read. He’s had a great season goals wise, but his head as been turned. He was going head to head with Toney who has left him behind. 

id sell Arma and rebuild. For me he isn’t a team player at all. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bazza said:

Arma reminds me a bit of Garns when it comes to penalties, he was terrible. Yeah he scored a few but missed quite a lot as well. We were much better once Faz took over and David Mail on a few occasions. 

• Like 3