BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

2 minutes ago, Pennymeadowrover said:

Before my time 😁

Lucky you! πŸ˜†

I was only a kid at the time & could never understand why our leading goalscorer & my favourite player couldn't score a penalty. I reckon he'd probably have had another 15-20 goals on his total if he'd have been able to score from 12 yards.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

But the key is, and maybe this is more aimed at @J*BΒ who specified that it is partially the supporters fault that we are in this mess, that there is absolutely nothingΒ that any of us could have done to make a blind bit of difference. When Kean was here, I went on many a protest, in the end, he went when he wanted. I did the 1875 protest when Coyle was manager and shouted for him to go too, I dont believe that made any difference. In the last 12 months, which is probably how long ive wanted Mowbray out, maybe even longer, there is nothing we could do, emails wont do anything as much as I respect that it is an effort of some sort, these are pig ignorant tosspots running our club, and we havent been allowed in the stadiums for 12 months. There is nothing of substance that you have done, that J*B has done, or indeed that any of us have done to make a difference, or indeed, that we could have done to make a difference.

The I told you so side of it, firstly, that promotion season was a number of years ago, so you cannot correlate his position now and then, there will always be a point when the end comes, take Mourinho, if someone called for him to leave as he won his first title at Chelsea, would he then have been justified when it all went sour at the end? Not at all, a lot has happened between then, and this season in particular has been one of regression, whereby it is got much worse than prior to this season. I have regularly asked for Mowbray to be sacked on here, but its a forum, I dont do so expecting or thinking that my opinion makes a difference, as much as I believe it is valid as anyone elses.

If I did say it was β€˜supporters fault’ (I honestly haven’t checked so don’t know) then I’ll retract that - you’re right, it’s no supporters fault. The statement I was trying to make was that there was warning signs of this early - and I, like many others, where told in a round about way, to get behind the team. I’m not suggesting protesting after we’ve come second in league one, that would be insanity, but for me the mindset should have been β€˜why did you only finish second, with the biggest budget ever seen in the league’ and explicitly β€˜why did you play a weakened time in the final games?’.Β 

For me, the mindset was wrong then and it has been ever since. For too long this club has been on easy street - right down to really small things, likeΒ removing the history in photographs from the walls at Ewood.

The clubs fan base is fractured, in part I admit saying fans have played a part in this latest slumpΒ I am adding to that. We desperately need someone that we can get behind but the key for me is someone that will not accept a mid table championship mindset. I would much rather watch an ambitious club that falls short than this dross.Β 

Ultimately I’m not sure I’ve answered your questions here, so I’ll try and condense it into a sentence.
Β 

In a list of who has got us into this mess, there’s plenty ahead of β€˜the fans’ - but for me, Rovers fans have a willingness to roll over and accept substandard, anyone that doesn’t is told they’re not helpingΒ - and I desperately think thatΒ needs to change.Β 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Arma reminds me a bit of Garns when it comes to penalties, he was terrible. Yeah he scored a few but missed quite a lot as well. We were much better once Faz took over and David Mail on a few occasions.Β 

In the 50s Bill Eckersley took our pens; a fabulous taker.Β I think defenders like Mail, FazΒ and Eck are far better at it than forwards.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Lucky you! πŸ˜†

I was only a kid at the time & could never understand why our leading goalscorer & my favourite player couldn't score a penalty. I reckon he'd probably have had another 15-20 goals on his total if he'd have been able to score from 12 yards.

Garner was never the best when he had time to think about things. In a one-on-one I would have backed the keeper against him. However, aΒ snap shot from 12-18 yardsΒ out in open play and he was lethal.Β 

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

This sort of provocation that you do seemingly after every defeat, when we all know he is going nowhere, is totally unnecessary. You dont believe what you are saying so why would anybody else?!

But the key is, and maybe this is more aimed at @J*BΒ who specified that it is partially the supporters fault that we are in this mess, that there is absolutely nothingΒ that any of us could have done to make a blind bit of difference. When Kean was here, I went on many a protest, in the end, he went when he wanted. I did the 1875 protest when Coyle was manager and shouted for him to go too, I dont believe that made any difference. In the last 12 months, which is probably how long ive wanted Mowbray out, maybe even longer, there is nothing we could do, emails wont do anything as much as I respect that it is an effort of some sort, these are pig ignorant tosspots running our club, and we havent been allowed in the stadiums for 12 months. There is nothing of substance that you have done, that J*B has done, or indeed that any of us have done to make a difference, or indeed, that we could have done to make a difference.

The I told you so side of it, firstly, that promotion season was a number of years ago, so you cannot correlate his position now and then, there will always be a point when the end comes, take Mourinho, if someone called for him to leave as he won his first title at Chelsea, would he then have been justified when it all went sour at the end? Not at all, a lot has happened between then, and this season in particular has been one of regression, whereby it is got much worse than prior to this season. I have regularly asked for Mowbray to be sacked on here, but its a forum, I dont do so expecting or thinking that my opinion makes a difference, as much as I believe it is valid as anyone elses.

Think the point was those supporters who blindly wouldnt accept criticism ofΒ mowbrayΒ re getting their just desserts now in a you get what you deserve kind of way. Think your taking it all a bit too literally. Of course it’s all just an opinion on a message board and at the end of the day fans opinion counts for little but there are those who were right and those who were wrong. The argument but who else would we get, he is the best we can get etc constantly fired at those who wanted a change

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

If I did say it was β€˜supporters fault’ (I honestly haven’t checked so don’t know) then I’ll retract that - you’re right, it’s no supporters fault. The statement I was trying to make was that there was warning signs of this early - and I, like many others, where told in a round about way, to get behind the team. I’m not suggesting protesting after we’ve come second in league one, that would be insanity, but for me the mindset should have been β€˜why did you only finish second, with the biggest budget ever seen in the league’ and explicitly β€˜why did you play a weakened time in the final games?’.Β 

For me, the mindset was wrong then and it has been ever since. For too long this club has been on easy street - right down to really small things, likeΒ removing the history in photographs from the walls at Ewood.

The clubs fan base is fractured, in part I admit saying fans have played a part in this latest slump I admit I am adding to that. We desperately need someone that we can get behind but the key for me is someone that will not accept a mid table championship mindset. I would much rather watch an ambitious club that falls short than this dross.Β 

Ultimately I’m not sure I’ve answered your questions here, so I’ll try and condense it into a sentence.
Β 

In a list of who has got us into this mess, there’s plenty ahead of β€˜the fans’ - but for me, Rovers fans have a willingness to roll over and accept substandard, anyone that doesn’t is told they’re not helpingΒ - and I desperately think thatΒ needs to change.Β 

Yup thisΒ 

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I have the fag end of a bottle of cheap Bordeaux left. Β Bereft.

I would have thought someone of your exquisite taste would have ventured 10 miles north of Bordeaux...Saint Emilion. I can highly recommend a 2009 'Clos de l'Oratoire', it's a Grand Cru and the owner of the vineyard is a German believe it or not.

A bit of class from us Pothouse lads!Β πŸ˜‰

• Like 1

I can't stand to listen to Mowbray's interviews. I'll have to sleep on it first before I can stomach it.Β 

Very troubling rumours about Travis. Of course if there is truth to the rumour, at a normal club when senior players such as he start falling out with the manager that spells the end of the manager. Not here though, it probably just adds Travis to the list of exiting players in the summer whilst the manager stays on.

I'm perplexed by the quote that Mowbray says Travis isn't fit or 'ready' to play. He wasn't so bothered when Travis just returned from serious injury and he chucked him straight into action. He also was happy to take him on the bus to Wycombe on Friday. Not sure why you'd do that if he isn't fit enough to feature.

Corry Evans another baffling one which makes me wonder if there have been words or a bust upΒ behind the scenes.

Evans plays and plays well in a good performance and result at Norwich before the international break, plays twice for Northern Ireland, Mowbray then rushes him back from international duty, Β plonks him on the bench and doesn't use him at lowly Wycombe and then he's out of the squad altogether today. Maybe he's another who has had a falling out, or knowing he is out of contract in a few weeks and has lost all faith in this manager.

So bored with it all now. He's going nowhere and he knows it.Β 

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

You're not wrong pal...I could kick 65 yard field goals for fun at Uni in USA! (that's with my left foot, should see my right foot!) 🀣

I'm laughing but really feel like crying....cnuts!

Give Sam a call he'd value your skills πŸ“žπŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Can’t argue with the first couple of paragraphs mate but I’d personally get rid and hire Alex Neil

I'd hire worzel gummige.

1 hour ago, Darrenbot said:

Even though i'm supposed to be onΒ a diet i'm gonna eat 2 easter eggs to ease my stress of today.I blame Mowbray for ruining my diet.

If you eat those eggs TM wins, be strong πŸ’ͺ I avoid high carb foods as much as poss but I do like inhaling the smell of the bakery each day at my local lidl.

12 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Garner was never the best when he had time to think about things. In a one-on-one I would have backed the keeper against him. However, aΒ snap shot from 12-18 yardsΒ out in open play and he was lethal.Β 

I don't really remember Garner missing pens i don't really remember him taking many at all. Wasn't it Barkers job then Gayle ?

Not sure before that but i remember him scoring when it really mattered, he stepped up to take 3 in that infamous Burnley game.Β  Scored all 3 but one was disallowed.

He seemed keen enough to take them that day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I don't really remember Garner missing pens i don't really remember him taking many at all. Wasn't it Barkers job then Gayle ?

Not sure before that but i remember him scoring when it really mattered, he stepped up to take 3 in that infamous Burnley game.Β  Scored all 3 but one was disallowed.

He seemed keen enough to take them that day.

He must have had a couple of pints before that game then πŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, den said:

Didn’t he say last seasonΒ that we can’t expect to compete with Preston North End?

we still can’t and they are worse now.Β 
Β 

How long before we can compete with the mighty PNE - 3 years, 4 years or never?

He's thrown that one about a few times especially after we came straight back up. After only one season, this is PNE who were in league one for years.

The man is a complete fraud he's been finally brutally exposed but looking at his history it really was only a matter of time.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I would have thought someone of your exquisite taste would have ventured 10 miles north of Bordeaux...Saint Emilion. I can highly recommend a 2009 'Clos de l'Oratoire', it's a Grand Cru and the owner of the vineyard is a German believe it or not.

A bit of class from us Pothouse lads!Β πŸ˜‰

It was a present, only opened because I ran out of the good stuff. Β I visited St Emilion a couple of years ago, staying in a lovely boutiqueΒ hotel. It's a lovely village, but very busy. Β Prefer Burgundy to be honest. The BordeauxΒ museum of wine is recommended.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Chaffinch said:

Just look at PNE, sack Neil, put McAvoy in charge andΒ it’s 4 points from 2 games both against promotion chasing sides. It doesn’t take a genius to see that any change has the possibility to create a bounce. Put Johnson in charge for the remaining games and hopefully we can pick up the points needed to stay up. Keeping Mowbray in place is self-defeatingΒ 

I heard their stand in manager on Radio Lancs tonight. He said β€œ Get the defence right first and foremost, start getting some clean sheets β€œ. Obvious isn’t it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Ha ha. They don’t make them like him any more. Going back to pens I wish Garns had taken the one at Ewood v Palace in the play off final first leg............

There is only one Rovers player , I had no doubts aboutΒ  from 12 yards .. Alan Shearer missed one I think

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

There is only one Rovers player , I had no doubts aboutΒ  from 12 yards .. Alan Shearer missed one I think

Think it might have been more than that but yeah.

The Yak was pretty solid an’ all....

...until that Liverpool game

Edited by oldjamfan1