BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

32 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think they saw what happened with Dack on the eve of his alleged money spinning move and they don’t want the same thing happening with Armstrong.

I think that if the 3 scumbags fail to sell Armstrong they will be in a spot of bother with Pune.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Football aside, I think the new tax year starts on the 6th. 

Yes, I am an arse. 

It does so this is your last chance to put through those iFollow receipts as “wholly & necessarily business expenditure...” 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

I can only see Sheff Utd or West Brom as his destination...........or the knuckledraggers anyone?

The Sixers like big lads up front.

Fulham maybe or SU.

NU if they drop.

No PL club will buy him.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Matt Damon, in his least challenging role yet, plays beleaguered soccer manager Tony Mowbray as he sleeps for 90 minutes in a dug out whilst his team get dicked yet again.

The Bournemouth Supremacy. 

Its do or die for Mowbray tomorrow. Lose he loses his job.  Matt Damon in the 'Bournemouth ultimatum'

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The Sixers like big lads up front.

Fulham maybe or SU.

NU if they drop.

No PL club will buy him.

Strangely, I think he would fit Wood and/or the other one, they get a lot of flick ons.

I think Scott Parker will see his footballing deficiencies

Maybe

I agree

30 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Strangely, I think he would fit Wood and/or the other one, they get a lot of flick ons.

I think Scott Parker will see his footballing deficiencies

Maybe

I agree

Yes, that could work plus just to chase their long balls.

I was wondering if at Fulham he and Mitrovic could do a Little & Large, not so much for head flicks but Mitrovic can receive, hold and pass and Armstrong provide the speed.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Yes, that could work plus just to chase their long balls.

I was wondering if at Fulham he and Mitrovic could do a Little & Large, not so much for head flicks but Mitrovic can receive, hold and pass and Armstrong provide the speed.

Aye Fulham do like our cast offs.....😁

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I think they saw what happened with Dack on the eve of his alleged money spinning move and they don’t want the same thing happening with Armstrong.

Think they are trying to strike a balance between keeping him fit and in the shop window versus not risking him too much. 

Sickening really when he's getting 15 grand a week to play for us but that's how football works. Shithouse industry.

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Agree.

I think Armstrong may well have played his last game for Rovers.

You may be right, but isn’t it in Rovers’ best interest to showcase the man that could bring in a much needed transfer fee? 

I repent of my statement in a previous thread of Rovers getting some incredible points tally of 9 in the last 7. What an absurd prediction, even for one of the biggest sunshine-pumpers on this board.  

We lose, 2-0. More TM platitudes to endure. 

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I'm not sure there's any great conspiracy with AA. Mowbray simply rushed him back when he hadn't fully recovered from his hamstring injury, just to save his own skin. In doing so he's made his injury worse. Mowbray has form for this. 

I just find it remarkably coincidental. Armstrong has had an outstanding fitness record here in the 3 years to date, and I can't remember the stats but put a long run of appearances together without missing any games. Then all of a sudden a previously impeccable fitness suddenly becomes a problem keeping him out of action for weeks on end whilst the season unravels and Mowbray talks him up in the press. He's our only major asset.

Maybe it is all down to an innocent explanation but after what has gone on here over the years I take everything with suspicion and scepticism. 

I don't think they'll have the interest they might have hoped for or expected this summer though. The pandemic will take care of that, meaning only the PL clubs or those parachute clubs who sell a few will have the dosh to hand to send us a windfall. Even those parachute clubs will have outgoings of their own to take care of first. I think at best 2-3 PL clubs will look at him and most of those will be at risk of relegation for the next few weeks. 

I do worry though that a combination of Mowbray wanting a sale to impress/satisfy the owners and Armstrong sensing this and wanting out after this shambolic season will result in increasingly desperate attempts to sell him, before he is eventually ushered out to a league rival at a knockdown rate. That would just add insult to injury, but I can see it coming.

With only a year left on his deal this also weakens our bargaining position massively

• Like 2

Def something fishy going on with Armstrong. Don’t buy the injury at all. 
When Dack came back from injury is when he went off the boil completely. 

Very likely that Nyambe and Armstrong are on the Transfer List right now. Fine, no worries if that’s what it is, but I would be trying out Pike and McBride as their replacements right now.

As for the game. This could be a token Tony Mowbray win, that drags it all on.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

In my opinion Mowbray has been told by Pune or their minions he can’t play him.

It's more likely that if there is anything sinister to it, it'll be the buying Club who have made the stipulation or the player and his agent have indicated a marked lack of enthusiasm for playing ahead of a pending move.

The trouble from our point of view is if the unthinkable happens and we go down, his value will presumably drop through the floor.

8 hours ago, JHRover said:

I just find it remarkably coincidental. Armstrong has had an outstanding fitness record here in the 3 years to date, and I can't remember the stats but put a long run of appearances together without missing any games. Then all of a sudden a previously impeccable fitness suddenly becomes a problem keeping him out of action for weeks on end whilst the season unravels and Mowbray talks him up in the press. He's our only major asset.

Maybe it is all down to an innocent explanation but after what has gone on here over the years I take everything with suspicion and scepticism. 

I don't think they'll have the interest they might have hoped for or expected this summer though. The pandemic will take care of that, meaning only the PL clubs or those parachute clubs who sell a few will have the dosh to hand to send us a windfall. Even those parachute clubs will have outgoings of their own to take care of first. I think at best 2-3 PL clubs will look at him and most of those will be at risk of relegation for the next few weeks. 

I do worry though that a combination of Mowbray wanting a sale to impress/satisfy the owners and Armstrong sensing this and wanting out after this shambolic season will result in increasingly desperate attempts to sell him, before he is eventually ushered out to a league rival at a knockdown rate. That would just add insult to injury, but I can see it coming.

With only a year left on his deal this also weakens our bargaining position massively

Football and fitness are hardly two words that fit together. Just look at the state Dack returned in, he looked overweight and yet according to TM he had been working hard all throughout his recovery. Everything rovers just seems like bollocks and bullshit these days and after 10 years of it, we'll I'm surprised we have any followers left.

• Like 1

Think this another rare one where their style might suit ours a bit better.

Rovers   2   Bournemouth 0

Mowbray to be commissioned a new even bigger flag - The Dead Rubber King

Edited by tomphil