BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic (h) 5/4/21 - the new Tax Year Special

18 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think that if the 3 scumbags fail to sell Armstrong they will be in a spot of bother with Pune.

So do I. This training ground sale, plus the Armstrong fee, is almost certainly counted as hatched chickens, over in Pune. In SWAGS office, they are probably oven ready, or coated in KFC flavouring. 

• Like 1

This games ONLY saving grace is that it is not a dead rubber for Bournemouth. With a great chance of getting into the play-offs I wonder if they might consider this game a must win, or whether they would take the away point?

Are Bournemouth bottlers? That could be the only thing that could save us from defeat. If they come to Ewood with a proper plan for the 3 points then they will take them easily.

I will go for a lucky 1-1 with the delusional fans sayings how great we played against a top team - (as they did against Norwich when in truth we were actually lucky not to lose by 2 or 3 goals)

8 minutes ago, Banzai said:

With a great chance of getting into the play-offs I wonder if they might consider this game a must win, or whether they would take the away point?

If they come to Ewood with a proper plan for the 3 points then they will take them easily.

Against a team in the bottom 3 form table, they will want 3 points, no question. 

If we had Armstrong perhaps they would play into our hands, but he's got his black and white onesie on for the next month and can't be arsed.

1 hour ago, Meesh said:

This is why I'm 99% certain he'll be here for next season, even if we are relegated.

If the Coventrio are here next season, I'm more concerned about what they're doing to Brockhall than which league we are in. It's becoming alarming once again because of the incumbent's bullet-proof status. Teflon Tony.

Deja vu.

I'm actually 100% certain he will be here next season.

Autonomy with impunity - what a great position to be in.

I have a funny feeling that, despite all logic, we will win this one. Just feels like it's due.

I'm not sure I want us to - despite what many say, I feel sure there is a theoretical point at which he will be sacked, and I don't think we are all that far off it. Lose the next three and I'd be surprised if even Venkys keep him in situ. But if we win today I suspect it will take the pressure off his back for another relegation-threatening 5 games or so of dire results. Feels like when he normally pulls a point or three out the bag.

In theory though we should get tonked the way we are playing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I have a funny feeling that, despite all logic, we will win this one. Just feels like it's due.

I'm not sure I want us to - despite what many say, I feel sure there is a theoretical point at which he will be sacked, and I don't think we are all that far off it. Lose the next three and I'd be surprised if even Venkys keep him in situ. But if we win today I suspect it will take the pressure off his back for another relegation-threatening 5 games or so of dire results. Feels like when he normally pulls a point or three out the bag.

In theory though we should get tonked the way we are playing.

Oh, I always want a Rovers win... it’s just that with one win in 13, I have to squash my wants, so I will not be disappointed when we lose again. And again... and again... etc

9 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Oh, I always want a Rovers win... it’s just that with one win in 13, I have to squash my wants, so I will not be disappointed when we lose again. And again... and again... etc

I want us to be safe from relegation, before I will start not being bothered if we lose.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

I want whatever works out best overall for the club. And the prospect of TM in charge for next season makes me consider relegation a very real possibility. Maybe even this season if we're not careful. That's why I say I'm not sure I want us to win. If we do I'll celebrate it as always of course, that's what the game's about.

• Like 2

Just ruminating on TM's comment that we will win enough games in the last seven to not be worried about relegation. I'm sure he didn't expect to only win 1 game in the last 13 before this run, so it's hardly a reassuring prediction.

The worst result for would be a narrow defeat. If we're going to get nothing from the game, we might as well get properly spanked to at least crank up the pressure. Our goal difference is far ahead of every other team below us that even a good hiding at home would not do us any harm. In fact, it's probably what we've needed all along. 

It'd also mean Tony would have to change the record, no more BS about 1-0 defeats being almost 1-0 wins. 

• Like 2

No doubt we are in deep trouble. 

image.png.c1a71bd3d9b9a42dc85c67afa067efa5.png

Looking over our shoulders today we have: 
-    Rotherham (played 35 games 35points) v Wycombe 
-    Coventry (played 38 games 39 points) v Bristol City 
We are at 39 games 46 points and Big Club (played 39 games 41 points) are away to Brentford tomorrow.
Not rocket science but lose today and we are in deeper trouble. If Rotherham beat Wycombe still with 4 games in hand and Coventry beat Bristol, Rovers will be penciled in for League One fixtures later this calendar year.

5 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

No doubt we are in deep trouble. 

image.png.c1a71bd3d9b9a42dc85c67afa067efa5.png

Looking over our shoulders today we have: 
-    Rotherham (played 35 games 35points) v Wycombe 
-    Coventry (played 38 games 39 points) v Bristol City 
We are at 39 games 46 points and Big Club (played 39 games 41 points) are away to Brentford tomorrow.
Not rocket science but lose today and we are in deeper trouble. If Rotherham beat Wycombe still with 4 games in hand and Coventry beat Bristol, Rovers will be penciled in for League One fixtures later this calendar year.

We are in trouble with the worst bit being neither the manager, nor the players probably believing that we are.

We are in total free fall and we don't have the manager to arrest that.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Meesh said:

Although I haven't looked at the fixtures, if the teams below us maximised their points with their games in-hand, we'd be five points off relegation.

They don't even need to maximise. Rotherham would only need 2 wins from their 4 games in hand to be 5 points behind us. That and a Coventry win from their game in hand and we would indeed be 5 points (and our GD) from the drop zone as you say.

With presumably the worst form in the league, this is all getting very worrying...but Tony doesn't seem to think it's a possibility. Sleep-walking into disaster potentially.

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We are in trouble with the worst bit being neither the manager, nor the players probably believing that we are.

We are in total free fall and we don't have the manager to arrest that.

it`s very worrying that he believes in his possesion based system which does`nt work and has actually never worked in the championship,there has to be some variation in play,every side in the division knows how to play against us

• Like 1