BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Protect Jack Walker’s Legacy

31 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Non of them will have the bottle or interest to get involved.

If you work or have worked in football then it's not the done thing to openly critise. It's quite pathetic really because football is riddled with flaws and charlatans.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Lee Mack is one of the more high profile Rovers fans at the moment.

As JAL might have said “Who’s his agent?”

Beat me to it Andy. Was just about to post Lee Mack's name. He's mentioned us a few times on Would I Lie To You.

Player wise, what about Salgado? He was in our corner last time.

Edit: Oh, I've signed btw.

Edited by windymiller7
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

Beat me to it Andy. Was just about to post Lee Mack's name. He's mentioned us a few times on Would I Lie To You.

Player wise, what about Salgado? He was in our corner last time.

Edit: Oh, I've signed btw.

Any twitterers amongst us, please do the honours...I refrain, BRFCS is enough! 😀

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Any twitterers amongst us, please do the honours...I refrain, BRFCS is enough! 😀

I sent it to Lee Mack via Twitter and also his agent is Avalon, 4a Exmoor Street, London, W10 6BD if anyone wants to send the letter the old fashioned way.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I sent it to Lee Mack via Twitter and also his agent is Avalon, 4a Exmoor Street, London, W10 6BD if anyone wants to send the letter the old fashioned way.

I'll do it.

My idea originally so the responsibility is primarily on my head to promote it and I can just print the initial version off easily enough.

• Like 2

I have signed. 
A really well constructed letter that asks some extremely pertinent questions. Might I suggest that it be printed in the LET, so that a reply might be more forthcoming? 
It might also show if the LET are running with the hare or riding with the hounds. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

I have signed. 
A really well constructed letter that asks some extremely pertinent questions. Might I suggest that it be printed in the LET, so that a reply might be more forthcoming? 
It might also show if the LET are running with the hare or riding with the hounds. 

You might have missed the discussion about the LT on the other thread.

We didn't think the LT would want to run it voluntarily as a letter for fear of falling out with the Club so offered to put it in as a paid for banner ad with a QR code linking to the ad which is also a lot less unwieldy than a multi page letter.

So far the LT have declined to run it.

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We didn't think the LT would want to run it voluntarily as a letter for fear of falling out with the Club so offered to put it in as a paid for banner ad with a QR code linking to the ad which is also a lot less unwieldy than a multi page letter.

In that case it's clear they do not have the best interests of the club or fans or Jacks legacy at heart.  Only interested in the club paying them advertising revenue.

Ok, so they have to have a good working relationship with Rovers but they owe it to the readership to be impartial and show both sides of the story. Support the club and fans in equal measure.

They do not do that.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I would think (as ex-LT reporter myself) they may be more open to a story about ‘[insert number] Rovers fans have signed a petition raising concerns ... etc etc’ rather than publishing the letter itself. Especially if that number becomes quite significant.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

I would think (as ex-LT reporter myself) they may be more open to a story about ‘[insert number] Rovers fans have signed a petition raising concerns ... etc etc’ rather than publishing the letter itself. Especially if that number becomes quite significant.

Spot on Dan 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Excellent letter Simon. Have signed

Yep, there's clearly a lot of time and effort gone into producing something that we can all get behind for the good of the club. 

Thanks, Simon for putting your head above the parapet and doing something for the community 👍 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dcbrfc said:

Thanks Dan (?)

Our original intention was to embarrass Waggott by highlighting the gaping inconsistencies between what he has said and the available information and to bring into the public domain previously undiscussed questions.

After the letter went live a number of people asked about the facility to sign the letter in support and this option was added. Unfortunately we missed the first 10-12 k viewings for signature purposes.

Obviously the intent is to keep on sharing the letter as widely as possible and if it gains enough traction  in due course then obviously the LT and other local media outlets may be forced to report on it indirectly as you say.

Whether that happens will depend on the number of people we eventually manage to get it before, and the extent to which they like it. 

You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink and all that.

• Like 3