Protect Jack Walker’s Legacy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please read (or re-read) and “sign” this letter on behalf of Rovers fans. https://www.protectjackwalkerslegacy.com  

How about David Du.. oh

I would think (as ex-LT reporter myself) they may be more open to a story about ‘[insert number] Rovers fans have signed a petition raising concerns ... etc etc’ rather than publishing the letter itse

Posted Images

6 hours ago, dcbrfc said:

I would think (as ex-LT reporter myself) they may be more open to a story about ‘[insert number] Rovers fans have signed a petition raising concerns ... etc etc’ rather than publishing the letter itself. Especially if that number becomes quite significant.

Thanks Dan (?)

Our original intention was to embarrass Waggott by highlighting the gaping inconsistencies between what he has said and the available information and to bring into the public domain previously undiscussed questions.

After the letter went live a number of people asked about the facility to sign the letter in support and this option was added. Unfortunately we missed the first 10-12 k viewings for signature purposes.

Obviously the intent is to keep on sharing the letter as widely as possible and if it gains enough traction  in due course then obviously the LT and other local media outlets may be forced to report on it indirectly as you say.

Whether that happens will depend on the number of people we eventually manage to get it before, and the extent to which they like it. 

You can take a horse to water but you can't make them drink and all that.

1 hour ago, davulsukur said:

I can't believe how many people have read that and not signed it! 

Unbelievable, these questions need asking!

It actually came up on my facebook feed as an advertisement and I saw plenty of comments supporting Mowbray & Venky's. It shouldn't be underestimated how low expectations across the remaining fanbase have fallen and the general lack of ambition that has been drilled into supporters over the last decade. It's sad to see but inevitable, especially amongst the younger fans, some of whom won't even remember a Rovers that weren't owned by Venky's. 

I also saw comments from other club's fans in my FB feed so think a fair amount of those views will be from people with no affiliation to Rovers.

1 hour ago, DE. said:

It actually came up on my facebook feed as an advertisement and I saw plenty of comments supporting Mowbray & Venky's. It shouldn't be underestimated how low expectations across the remaining fanbase have fallen and the general lack of ambition that has been drilled into supporters over the last decade. It's sad to see but inevitable, especially amongst the younger fans, some of whom won't even remember a Rovers that weren't owned by Venky's. 

I also saw comments from other club's fans in my FB feed so think a fair amount of those views will be from people with no affiliation to Rovers.

No excuse when Dingles have signed it. Needs as many locals to sign as possible, too, not just Rovers.

Is it worth getting in touch with Plagiarism Begins At Home (https://instagram.com/plagiarism_begins_at_home?igshid=qmbt8txit7r6)? He’s a sticker guy but also a Rovers fan. If he’s willing & can produce a sticker with the QR code on, it could be plastered around the town perhaps?

Edited by CheshireRover