BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Steve Pickup - Groundsman

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Well let’s be clear this seasons pitch has been atrocious 

Probaly a number of reasons for that and not all the groundsmans fault. 

I would have thought most head groundsmen would take great pride in the preparation of a nice football pitch, or cricket field or whatever. They wouldn't have been in a job for long otherwise. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Pickup isn't head groundsman is he? Thought that was Trevor Wilkin?

Still, very strange that a Rovers supporting groundsman based at the academy would quit and join the mighty Fleetwood just as an exciting future and state of the art new training ground is in the pipeline.

It's almost as though things aren't as they appear and there's more going on here than Waggott lets us know.

If our academy is shutting down partly, Fleetwoods will be a better facility.  In fact, its got a great set up there to be fair..., I've been a few times.

I don't blame him...job security etc...They fucked Steve Patrick off a few years ago without any reason, so loyalty can feck off.

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If our academy is shutting down partly, Fleetwoods will be a better facility.  In fact, its got a great set up there to be fair..., I've been a few times.

I don't blame him...job security etc...They fucked Steve Patrick off a few years ago without any reason, so loyalty can feck off.

Ask that nobber Shaw why Steve Patrick left!!!

Sommat to do with a property close to The Loadstar, I do believe!

Steve and Keeley were Rovers through and through!

Enough is enough with these charlatans!

• Like 1

Think he's moved for a better position. Offer he couldn't refuse I seem to recall him tweeting somewhere. Don't blame him if it's going to make him more money. I'd cut pitches at the local Rec ground if it meant more food on my families table.

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Think he's moved for a better position. Offer he couldn't refuse I seem to recall him tweeting somewhere. Don't blame him if it's going to make him more money. I'd cut pitches at the local Rec ground if it meant more food on my families table.

Joe, you're right but FFS, it's bloody coppers in pounds shillings and pence terms! He would have loved to have remained at Rovers (FACT) but for whatever reason (draw your own conclusions) the sky blue 3, would appear to be doing their absolute upmost to be divisive of Rovers fan base. Why could that possibly be so and why the motivation?  cnuts! (that's why!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

He would have loved to have remained at Rovers (FACT) but for whatever reason (draw your own conclusions)

I doubt its coppers. Probably moved into a better position higher up the rung. Money is money.

32 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I doubt its coppers. Probably moved into a better position higher up the rung. Money is money.

Wrong Joe, sorry but we're Blackburn Rovers FC and we can't compete financially with 'Fishermen's Friends/Cod Army'?

Get a grip with reality mate, our club is going to be dismantled unless we all dig our heels in and fight for our heritage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

He's joined Fleetwood. What position can they possibly offer that makes him give up his job with Blackburn Rovers and our incredible facilities?

If he's getting paid more with them, why? 

Very worrying stuff. Where this is leading i don't know but when groundsmen are jacking it in to move to Fleetwood and the Head of Recruitment is moving to Sunderland there have to be questions asked about what is going on here

• Like 6

6 hours ago, darrenrover said:

Joe, you're right but FFS, it's bloody coppers in pounds shillings and pence terms! He would have loved to have remained at Rovers (FACT) but for whatever reason (draw your own conclusions) the sky blue 3, would appear to be doing their absolute upmost to be divisive of Rovers fan base. Why could that possibly be so and why the motivation?  cnuts! (that's why!)

He got a big promotion. 

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

He's joined Fleetwood. What position can they possibly offer that makes him give up his job with Blackburn Rovers and our incredible facilities?

If he's getting paid more with them, why? 

Very worrying stuff. Where this is leading i don't know but when groundsmen are jacking it in to move to Fleetwood and the Head of Recruitment is moving to Sunderland there have to be questions asked about what is going on here

If Mowbray, Waggott and Venus sodded off to Sunderland and Mill Hill St Peters, it'd be game on!

21 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He got a big promotion. 

OK..... big promotion to Fisherman's Friends from 6 time winners of the FA Cup, Premier League Champions, de da de da...you know the rest.

He's pissed off by the hierarchy...that's why he's moved on

47 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's gone from Academy Head Groundsman at Ewood to Senior Head Groundsman at Fleetwood. A big promotion. 

Since when has head groundsman at Fleetwood Town been a promotion on head groundsman of our Category 1 academy?

Would Head groundsman at Clitheroe also be a promotion?

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

Since when has head groundsman at Fleetwood Town been a promotion on head groundsman of our Category 1 academy?

Would Head groundsman at Clitheroe also be a promotion?

Are Clitheroe a division below us and a full-time professional football club? Try not to embarrass yourself, you did that with your AA conspiracy which also turned out to be bollox. 

32 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Nope. He's got a promotion, and no doubt a big wage rise. 

I'm not gonna argue with you Mama but if that's what you believe then fair enough.

Question for you though, do you think he would have stayed at BRFC, irrespective of financial remuneration, had he felt valued by the incumbent 'hierarchy'? (I know the answer btw!)

Just now, darrenrover said:

I'm not gonna argue with you Mama but if that's what you believe then fair enough.

Question for you though, do you think he would have stayed at BRFC, irrespective of financial remuneration, had he felt valued by the incumbent 'hierarchy'? (I know the answer btw!)

You haven't got an argument or an answer. He's got a BIG promotion, the equivalent in football terms of going from a Championship Academy team to a League 1 first team. Why on earth would he stay at Ewood unless they were offering him the Head Groundman job? He'll be on more money too.