BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 10/4/21 - Into the Valley(s)

3 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We don't do easy Richard!

True. If Rotherham win both midweek games, they'll be out of the bottom 3 on goal difference and Derby will want the win more than us and Mowbray will spend the week bigging up Derby - because he can't help himself. That's assuming he's still here and Venkys have surprised us all. It'd snow!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Just read the match report on BBC. One thing that struck me was the following phrase: "Blackburn, without a win in 7 games, remain in 17th."

Now whilst this is factually correct, what it does for fans of other clubs, armchair fans etc. is minimize how bad our run is. Sure, without a win in 7 is still bad but it's nowhere near as bad as one win in 15. Basically the stat halves how dire TM and we have been of late. No wonder people think he is a good guy doing a good job if this is how things are reported. 

Which is exactly why solitary wins are so bad for the club but so good for Mowbray. They reset the clock.

Even with today’s injury time equaliser it’s one win and nine defeats in fifteen games.

No manager survives that at any other club.

Questions should be being asked - at the very least by the local press. Maybe if they did that they wouldn’t be so reliant on advertising.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sorry about that.

Sunderland let me down as well.

While we're talking, I just wanted to say a big thank you for your efforts in regards Brockhall 👏👍

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Today’s result guarantees we finish on less points than last season

The season is a failure by any metric 

The playoffs are in sight Tom, you've just got to look a bit higher 👆👌

The record beckons TM only 2 to go and with your luck it's a banker. It's just a shame it's bad news for us Rovers fans.

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Which is exactly why solitary wins are so bad for the club but so good for Mowbray. They reset the clock.

Even with today’s injury time equaliser it’s one win and nine defeats in fifteen games.

No manager survives that at any other club.

Questions should be being asked - at the very least by the local press. Maybe if they did that they wouldn’t be so reliant on advertising.

Yeah and I doubt very much it will get much of a mention on Quest tonight either.

51 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Just read the match report on BBC. One thing that struck me was the following phrase: "Blackburn, without a win in 7 games, remain in 17th."

Now whilst this is factually correct, what it does for fans of other clubs, armchair fans etc. is minimize how bad our run is. Sure, without a win in 7 is still bad but it's nowhere near as bad as one win in 15. Basically the stat halves how dire TM and we have been of late. No wonder people think he is a good guy doing a good job if this is how things are reported. 

We’ve been dire since the turn of the year. The results in January with the exception of Luton were undeserved. Boro, stoke and birmingham all played us off the park. 

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has to go at the end of the season, no matter what. There can be no clean slate 

I can't wait that long, sack him now the players will bounce a victory. ✌️

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

We’ve been dire since the turn of the year. The results in January with the exception of Luton were undeserved. Boro, stoke and birmingham all played us off the park. 

We've been dire for a long time under TM, the only season we played well was league one.

• Like 1

We deserved a point at least. We have chances and hit the woodwork 3 times and I am pleased that Armstrong scored 2 goals but we conceded 2 soft goals still. Mowbray has had 3 years at this level to sort out the defence and he hasn't. Yes Kaminski is at fault for the second goal somewhat but he still had plenty to do. 

Anyway its a point. 

1 hour ago, DE. said:

1 win in 15. 

I think this puts to bed any ideas the players want him out. They clearly don't as they wouldn't fight like this otherwise. The team is just either fairly shit at implementing Mowbray's ideas or just fairly shit. Apply as you see fit, but after this I think it's nonsense to say he's lost the dressing room.

Hope he's gone soon but think this "result" will keep him in situ ( and a defeat probably would have as well, tbh). 

This squad can't play the way Mowbray wants them to do cos they aren't that sort of players to play that style. But cos Mowbray is far too stubborn to admit this and adapt his playing style to suit the players. Looks how the under 23's play and I would imagine this is how he wants the first team to play. 

I think/really hope the owners has decide his future already and we are seeking to find a replacement. Plenty of good choices out there, 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

A late equaliser is always nice but i won’t be celebrating a point at 8th place Cardiff after 1 win in 15 in a season where the target was promotion 

Dumbing down to say otherwise 

The target was set by Mowbray and his comment that this squad is top 6 quality. He cant change what he has said. 

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He has to go at the end of the season, no matter what. There can be no clean slate 

You are correct. This result doesn't change that this season target was top 6/promotion and he has falling way short of that and this is has simply not been good enough. 

6 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Mowbray on BBC site talking about recent run.

" We've dominated most  of those games, but Adam Armstrong hasn't been able to score, today he did."

Or something to that effect.

Andy Bayes on Radio Lancs mention to Kevin Gallagher about our possession stats and Gallagher commented most of that isn't in the right areas where it will hurt the opposition. Its the final third where dominating the ball will hurt teams

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Someone should put together a compilation of Armstrong misses.

He must shoot enough for any three players.

I don’t get the Armstrong hate.

He’s actually scored more than enough for 3 of our players and constantly drags us out of trouble. When he goes we’ll be lucky to get a striker that is anywhere near as consistent. 

• Like 5

A draw, and more importantly perhaps scoring 2 goals ain't too bad an effort and dare I say I quite enjoyed the second half. Battering the woodwork though is perfect ammo for a Mowbray super spin.

I think we need to beat Derby next week to stay up tbh although Rotherhams big week could change my opinion. I might go supping some draught ale with a massive coat on instead though.

• Like 1

Bar the odd game (mostly early on this season until we got sussed out) the football has constantly been shit under Mowbray.

Today was ok, but we Looked vulnerable every time they attacked. Ok, we hit the post 3 times, but Moore also missed a sitter for them in the first half & we were lucky to have 11 men on the field imo. Plus, their keeper had a 'mare for the 1st goal.

We were probably worth a point at least, but let's not get carried away Tony, that could easily have been another defeat.

Mowbray out!

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

He’s actually scored more than enough for 3 of our players and constantly drags us out of trouble. When he goes we’ll be lucky to get a striker that is anywhere near as consistent. 

Rhodes was hated too. It’s because they are good and are expected to be world class every game.

Edited by Tormund
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

It’s not hate, it’s his strike rate combined with our awful form and league position.

He plays for himself. If you can’t see that you must not be watching.

If we are to progress we need Mowbray gone and a different remit to, or sale of, Armstrong.

Ideally we will get a large fee before he ends up injured or able to run his contract down. Not sure Mowbray has made a fee on a single player though? Was the Raya fee ever published?

We relied on Rhodes - he cost 8 mill and had proven goalscoring pedigree

Then we relied on Graham - Goalscoring pedigree, Prem league fitness wghen he came - cost about 25k a week at first.

Now we are relying on Armstrong - Had scored goals for this manager before, young, try before you buy, 3 mill plus 40% sell on, 15 grand a week.

What the hell comes next is the question - I fear 12 million already spent won't be the answer.

More worrying times.

• Like 2

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12271766/cardiff-2-2-blackburn

Having seen the goals, there is quite a bit of good fortune about both Armstrongs goals, especially the second.  He gets very lucky with the bounce but reacts well.  The Cardiff keeper clearly greased his gloves haha, what a howler.

I saw the comments about a man lying down in the wall, but WTF!  What a waste of a man in a situation when you will have a man advantage, you basically forfeit the numerical advantage you have as most teams keep a 2 v 1 in defence.  Monkey logic in action.

Tony "monkey" Mowbray has a nice ring.

• Moderation Lead

Hi everyone, even if people commenting below the line on the LT are people that we disagree with, can we not use some of the insults we have been doing, they’re not what we want to see on here.

Thanks.

• Like 8