BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Cardiff City (a) 10/4/21 - Into the Valley(s)

7 hours ago, dallydally said:

More bullsh1t from an opposing Manager. Mick McCarthy said "Tony Mowbrays's team will be a good footballing side". Well that will tell Rovers players once again how good they are when they aren't!

Yes, there's something in that. I once read that Bob Paisley used to term bigging up opponents as "throwing them a toffee".

That said, can you imagine if a manager came out in the pre - match presser and said, " We should thump them because they're sh*t". 🙂 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dallydally said:

More bullsh1t from an opposing Manager. Mick McCarthy said "Tony Mowbrays's team will be a good footballing side". Well that will tell Rovers players once again how good they are when they aren't!

They all do it, all protect each other’s back.

You’d have thought Kean was the next Pep the way managers blew smoke up his arse each week...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

17 hours ago, RV Blue said:

Couldn’t care less to be honest. Stay up and have another season like this one, the last one and the one before that, what’s the point?

Interesting. 

I think a drop to league 1 would be far more catastrophic this time though given the already stretched finances and the squad we'd be left with. I understand the apathy, just think we desperately need to stay in the championship for the future of the club.

• Like 6

The club is in shambles....I havent watch the last two games ....Waggot is really taken this club with disgrace at the moment. He dont have the guts to sack his mate Mowbray...

Dropping down a division would be devastating.  4 years with Mowbray is enough.

Edited by neophox

58 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Interesting. 

I think a drop to league 1 would be far more catastrophic this time though given the already stretched finances and the squad we'd be left with. I understand the apathy, just think we desperately need to stay in the championship for the future of the club.

The ownership thick as it is are probably shrugging their shoulders thinking if we drop again we'll come straight back again.  Only cost them a seasons championship budget and about 2 million in transfer money.

I think they'd find that again for one more season of Mowbray. Especially if it gives another opportunity for cost cutting and is balanced by 10 million in player sales.

Then there is the land.....

Never underestimate the stupidity of this lot and their pals before progress attitude.

Why am I feeling the need to buy a pass for this match? I must need my head examining!

Every bit of common sense is telling me to avoid it and do something else but I feel that if I don't watch, I won't have the right to feel really angry and complain - "You weren't there man!"

Mick McCarthy said "Tony Mowbrays' team will be a good footballing side". Mick must tell us when, since he clearly knows something we don't. The current team won't be here next season; there's not too much time (6 games ) for this miracle to occur.

McCarthy will be eager for Cardiff to hand out a 5-0 drubbing to another team, after experiencing one so recently.

We do like to experience 1-0 defeats with Mowbray lamenting everything.

• Like 3

Another match day and the opposition are almost irrelevant with the Mowbray led circus in full swing.

Everybody I know in the real world now wants Mowbray gone. I even know a fully paid up disciple who conceded “after great memories his time is up.” I must have missed the great part - Relegation, bank rolling league one, then mediocrity. Can’t even recall a cup run.

With Mowbray sleep walking us into a relegation battle we definitely need the points. But in a hypothetical scenario of winning and Mowbray staying or losing 8-0 and Johnson taking charge for the rest of the season I’ll chose the latter. 

• Like 3

Another close defeat will be tough to stomach but we need a point or three so might be time to stomach Mowbrays absolute nonsense if we get some.

Lets face it if we get pasted 4 nil he'll still stand there conducting the biggest denial circus in modern football. And he'll still be drinking tea at Brockall come Monday and sulking about having to walk between 2 sites.

We should set up 541 today to help deal with the physical side and set plays from Cardiff, fingers crossed we get something out of the game because as much as we all want Mowbray out we still need to survive in the championship. 

TK

THB Lenihan Branthwaite

Nyambe                           Douglas

Trybull Johnson Holtby

Elliott

Armstrong

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Inta Beaver said:

We should set up 541 today to help deal with the physical side and set plays from Cardiff, fingers crossed we get something out of the game because as much as we all want Mowbray out we still need to survive in the championship. 

TK

THB Lenihan Branthwaite

Nyambe                           Douglas

Trybull Johnson Holtby

Elliott

Armstrong

We should have been doing that more often this season away from home against stronger sides. Just look to grind out a result, maybe pinch something.

Whilst he isn't really in the target man mould other than his size, i always feel Gallagher could do a job running the line up top and defending from the front.

Sadly with this manager we know he prefers to play chess with his own side after looking at the opposition. Then tip tap about and take plaudits from the opposition manager after losing.

• Like 4

I wouldn't read to much into what McCarthy says. He has one thing on his mind and that's 3 points. 

Everyone knows we have 1 win in 14. No benefit in McCarthy bringing that up in a press conference. No doubt him and his players know the importance of getting the first goal.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel