BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Derby - 6pm, Friday 16th

Just now, Stuart said:

Course I did but Rooney certainly achieved his potential when compared to Gazza.

I just thought I’d ask, after all my youngest son is 40 and he can just about remember him in his prime. But for the injury he would have been in the Bobby Charlton bracket in terms of reputation.

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Regarding Rooney - at 18 he was the finished article, he was a natural. You didn’t need to tell him anything about how to play the game. For various reasons ( injuries, life style etc ) he never really kicked on to achieve his full potential but he could have been whatever he wanted to be as a footballer.

The thing with Rooney was that he peaked early, as a young lad he was sensational at Euro 2004 had he not got injured I think we would have won it he was only 18 at the time but was nearly unplayable.

In his early days at United he was was a better player than Ronaldo but whereas Ronaldo just carried on getting better and better as he got older Rooney stagnated in his mid 20's and then started to go backwards. Rooney is a few months younger than Ronaldo and his career has been finished at the top level for 3 or 4 years already whereas Ronaldo is still performing at the highest level.

13 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I just thought I’d ask, after all my youngest son is 40 and he can just about remember him in his prime. But for the injury he would have been in the Bobby Charlton bracket in terms of reputation.

I remember watching him injure himself against Forest with an awful, over-enthusiastic tackle (against Des Walker?) in I think it was an FA Cup semi?

If anyone wasted their talent, and didn’t reach the levels they could have, it was Paul Gascoigne.

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

I remember watching him injure himself against Forest with an awful, over-enthusiastic tackle (against Des Walker?) in I think it was an FA Cup semi?

If anyone wasted their talent, and didn’t reach the levels they could have, it was Paul Gascoigne.

It was Gary Charles I think.

12 hours ago, Stuart said:

Should have been sent off early in that game. Would have saved his career!

Gazza had the ability to be one of the worlds greatest ever players but like Best, didn't have the dedication to do it. Naturally, not many players match either of their talents. Shame and it just comes down to culture in this country.