BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Derby - 6pm, Friday 16th

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't get this. Playing russian roulette. Need a win to secure safety asap 

To use your Russian Roulette analogy... okay, maybe this season we're playing, but with 1 bullet in the revolver, however if Tony wins a couple now - and is here next season - we might as well load the whole damn gun for 2021-2022.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Pretty low.

How much XB do you reckon he will come out with in his interview after?

Theakston's XB ale is ace and Rishy's XL crisps used to be ace too.

Regarding all the recent talk of expected this and that, as 'Grandma' on Catheraine Tait used to say: "What a load of old shit!"

58 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Don't get this. Playing russian roulette. Need a win to secure safety asap 

I agree with the other poster in a way. Mowbray deserves to be commemorated as having the worst run of any manager in our near 150 year history. So given a choice I'd choose to limp to safety via a few draws.

You're also right though, safety is paramount and you can't pick and choose. Therefore I'll take survival however it comes and will be delighted with a win tonight.

• Like 3

Derby in terrible form, rookie manager, weaker squad. Should be a home banker. Of course we are quite good at losing those. 

Mind you given we have been utterly appalling for months and there are still a ton of teams below us despite us being abject, it shows that there is a lot of dross in this league. Therefore a win even with our terrible form is very much a possibility - the league is that bad in many ways. 

My biggest worry about this game is for me. TM's comments are getting to the stage where a small part of me is wanting us to lose to show him for the useless immoral buffoon he is. Scary times. Only ever felt that way a bit before under Kean. That's how bad it is getting. And yet that goes against every instinct within me. 

As to a result. I loath our manager, owners, CEO but I loath Derby too. And somehow I still love the club so will plump for a Rovers win as the least crap option. Least crap of course being our sole achievement this season. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

To use your Russian Roulette analogy... okay, maybe this season we're playing, but with 1 bullet in the revolver, however if Tony wins a couple now - and is here next season - we might as well load the whole damn gun for 2021-2022.

I don't see how a few wins changes anything in relation to him having to go. If he's not gone at the end of the season already, there is a much bigger issue.

Besides that, all that matters is staying up this season. Hence why we need wins and fast. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree with the other poster in a way. Mowbray deserves to be commemorated as having the worst run of any manager in our near 150 year history. So given a choice I'd choose to limp to safety via a few draws.

You're also right though, safety is paramount and you can't pick and choose. Therefore I'll take survival however it comes and will be delighted with a win tonight.

I get his point, but we can't be happy with draws now. Firstly and most importantly,it guarantees nothing with regards Mowbrays future. Secondly, it puts us at risk of another trip to league 1. A longer one this time I would imagine.

The damage is done anyway, he needs to go. Securing safety is hardly reason for him to make a case to keep his job. He failed with his aims. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Do you think that Mowbrays future hinges on whether he picks up a few points in the last few games?

Doesnt make any sense hoping specifically for draws/losses or for an end to the season whereby our issues continue.

He should have long since been sacked, we are already sure to pick up less points than last season, but Venkys clearly dont have the interest in the club to act logically otherwise he would be gone by now. Dont kid yourself into thinking that if he is here next season, as I would probably expect, then its because of a win or 2 in these last 5 games.

2 hours ago, LDRover said:

Ideal scenario for me is we stay up in 21st place with Sheff Weds in 22nd less than 6 points behind us. That way he has only kept us up on a technicality.

Ideal scenario for me is Mowbray being caught by the Sunday tabloids buck naked riding a giant GM Venky's broiler chicken with Venky Venky sat in a massive sandpit wearing a child's romper suit playing Monopoly, Barry Venky and Steve Maggott take it in turns to wax each other's buttocks and Madame Venky rides a mechanized broomstick around Venky Towers parapets shouting "Surrender Dorothy" with Benson and Venus snorting coke out of the bum crack of a lifesize figure of Mahatma Gandhi. And we beat Derby.

The resulting fall-out see Venky's go bust, the Coventrio depart, Rovers stay up and get taken over by the two Ians, we get our Rovers back *and* get the last laugh.

It's been a long week. Must stop eating cheese before bedtime.

• Like 7

Just now, broadsword said:

Ideal scenario for me is Mowbray being caught by the Sunday tabloids buck naked riding a giant GM Venky's broiler chicken with Venky Venky sat in a massive sandpit wearing a child's romper suit playing Monopoly, Barry Venky and Steve Maggott take it in turns to wax each other's buttocks and Madame Venky rides a mechanized broomstick around Venky Towers parapets shouting "Surrender Dorothy" with Benson and Venus snorting coke out of the bum crack of a lifesize figure of Mahatma Gandhi.

🤣 It was the attention to detail I enjoyed most about that.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Ideal scenario for me is Mowbray being caught by the Sunday tabloids buck naked riding a giant GM Venky's broiler chicken with Venky Venky sat in a massive sandpit wearing a child's romper suit playing Monopoly, Barry Venky and Steve Maggott take it in turns to wax each other's buttocks and Madame Venky rides a mechanized broomstick around Venky Towers parapets shouting "Surrender Dorothy" with Benson and Venus snorting coke out of the bum crack of a lifesize figure of Mahatma Gandhi. And we beat Derby.

The resulting fall-out see Venky's go bust, the Coventrio depart, Rovers stay up and get taken over by the two Ians, we get our Rovers back *and* get the last laugh.

It's been a long week. Must stop eating cheese before bedtime.

🤣. That's certainly a vivid imagination you've got there mate!

• Like 1

Here's how it'll work out, we'll win tonight and maybe go until end of season unbeaten.

Everything is in place now for players to motivate themselves. New contracts, extensions, moves and just plain relief this ballache season is nearly done, beach in sight.

Mowbrays motivation is obviously non existent as we usually see for most of the middle thirds of every season. However there is more to play for for quite a few beyond just points for little old plodding along BRFC and their docile gaffer.

Then after a turbulent summer for different reasons to the last one everybody trudges to Ewood in August.  All 6k of us, just knowing that however we start it's not if but when it all turns to a death spiral again.

Rinse and repeat, those worried about Tony's feelings though on twitter and facefook will be happy in the knowledge he's got another 500k in his bank.

• Like 1

The daft thing is I am still excited about the Rovers playing. I will have a couple of drinks, but not listen to, or read anything by the bullshit boy. Then listen to the game on the radio, and hope for a win. I am not too bothered about the performance, I just want us to be safe from relegation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A draw is the best result for me. Keeps derby at bay and Mowbray one game further to the club record worst run. Not that he cares. 

Why is a draw better than a win ? It will have absolutely no bearing whatsoever on Mowbrays future.

Edited by rigger

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why is a draw better than a win ?

So Mowbray can’t triumphantly declare he’s the man for next season. Ideally will stay up whilst still being a sufficient failure to see the back of Mowbray.

Perhaps won’t have any impact on his future. Although 5 wins and he will probably get a new deal.  

Edited by matt83
  • Like 1