Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Why is a draw better than a win ?

So Mowbray can’t triumphantly declare he’s the man for next season. Ideally will stay up whilst still being a sufficient failure to see the back of Mowbray.

Perhaps won’t have any impact on his future. Although 5 wins and he will probably get a new deal.  

Edited by matt83
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My eldest said to me after the game tonight that he is falling out of love with football. He doesn’t even enjoy seeing us win any more. It’s been some journey that Venkys have taken us on and, un

It's nonsense Andy. I'd wager the majority of the country aren't really bothered.

One thing that last night reiterated for me is that I’d rather be at Ewood watching that dross than sat at home. At Ewood I can vent my displeasure with management , urge on the team and in general se

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, matt83 said:

So Mowbray can’t triumphantly declare he’s the man for next season. Ideally will stay up whilst still being a sufficient failure to see the back of Mowbray.

Perhaps won’t have any impact on his future. Although 5 wins and he will probably get a new deal.  

Would you risk relegation, for the hope that Mowbray will be potted because of it? I wouldn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to stay up first and foremost, that needs sealing asap.

It's a toss between what would keep him here more, 5 straight wins or relegation.

That's the stupidity of it with this ownership, his fate should already be decided regardless of what happens next. He absolutely knows he's on borrowed time as far as most fans are concerned. So it needs him to do the decent thing once a couple of wins are bagged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Is there any pre match radio from Miller ?

if so can someone post a link please 😁

Afraid not today. These teatime kickoffs don’t make it easy timing wise, and our xL (expected listener... sorry, couldn’t resist!) would be low. 
 

Will do a show on Tuesday though. The extra hour makes all the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst I must be a little crazy I've just lashed a tenner out to watch the game.  A bit of desperation and no significant hope that there will be some entertainment and a favourable result.  Whoever sits in the dugout I will always be cheering the team on.

Besides, who knows what the formation will be, heavens I might even see us score from a corner, although it is more likely that the sadly passed Duke of Edinburgh would be wearing Blue and White tonight.  I'm sure Tony can find him a slot in the squad, after all he might pass a medical ahead of Ayala.

Jeez, now I see the line-up with the Calamity Kid coming in for Lenihan ...........

Edited by Roversider
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah the famous ‘groin/calf/thigh strain’ absence for Darragh. My ‘main centre half’ comment went down well then...

Edited by Mattyblue
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ah the famous ‘groin/calf/thigh strain’ absence for Darragh. My ‘main centre half’ comment went down well then...

I've missed this comment, what was said?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I've missed this comment, what was said?

A Mowbray inspirational classic. Saying his main center half is one that has hardly appeared for us and is still injured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't see how a few wins changes anything in relation to him having to go.

I fully agree, it doesn't... But come on, you've been around here the entire Mowbray era to see how even 1 win grants him 6+ weeks immunity.

If we win 3, heck even 2 games with some draws going forward this season, Mowbray will be untouchable... and that WILL lead to relegation next season I 100% believe.

We agree he has to go, I even think I was the first person on here to call for his dismissal over 2 1/4 years ago.

Fact is a draw - against 4th bottom with what will be 4 games to go, a 4 point cushion and an "untouchable" +21 GD "bonus point" - is a satisfactory result all round at this stage of the season and our plight.

Under no circumstances do I want us to lose tonight. Will I jump around the house cheering when/if Armstrong flukes an 88th minute winner, no... because it just adds to the size and inevitability of the lemon drizzle looking iceberg I'm desperately hoping we avoid. (Relegation).

The danger of relegation we face today - even with a draw tonight - is FAR less than the danger we will be facing 1 year from now if that pleb scrapes 8-10 points from these 5 games.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I fully agree, it doesn't... But come on, you've been around here the entire Mowbray era to see how even 1 win grants him 6+ weeks immunity.

If we win 3, heck even 2 games with some draws going forward this season, Mowbray will be untouchable... and that WILL lead to relegation next season I 100% believe.

We agree he has to go, I even think I was the first person on here to call for his dismissal over 2 1/4 years ago.

Fact is a draw - against 4th bottom with what will be 4 games to go, a 4 point cushion and an "untouchable" +21 GD "bonus point" - is a satisfactory result all round at this stage of the season and our plight.

Under no circumstances do I want us to lose tonight. Will I jump around the house cheering when/if Armstrong flukes an 88th minute winner, no... because it just adds to the size and inevitability of the lemon drizzle looking iceberg I'm desperately hoping we avoid. (Relegation).

The danger of relegation we face today - even with a draw tonight - is FAR less than the danger we will be facing 1 year from now if that pleb scrapes 8-10 points from these 5 games.

That implies that Mowbray has ever been 1 game away from the door, something to which there is no evidence or even suggestion of, especially when the owners dont seem interested.

Win, draw or lose, todays result in isolation will make no difference to his future.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

2 kids at centre half and not even our kids.... what could possibly go wrong ?

and two kids who ar`nt much better than the two we`ve sent out on loan,i` ve rather optimistically and stupidly put 25 quid on a rovers/reading double,hope springs eternal and all that🤪

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.