BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Will Mowbray be gone at the end of the season?

Will Mowbray be gone at the end of the season?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will he be gone at the end of the season? Simple as that

• Yes
    • No

Strange poll and unintentionally unhelpful as it offers a confused message and one that can be spun by the club as support from fans.

We have no idea what Venkys will do. They could just as easily sack him and Waggott as give them both new contracts and give the green light to selling Brockhall to raise funds.

The fundamental question on a fansite is “does the manager have the support of the fans?”. It really is that simple.

Meanwhile... “Look at this independent poll, Madame, even the fans will be surprised if you were to sack Tony at this stage”.

The only way that Tony could hypothetically stay is if there was a 100% turnover of the playing staff and none of the outgoing players speak to the incoming ones. He has run out of ideas, is being tactically and motivationally out though by other Championship managers and these players know it. It will take 12-18 months before the incoming players work it out so “the journey” would be back on - and the game counter would be reset, again.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Strange poll and unintentionally unhelpful as it offers a confused message and one that can be spun by the club as support from fans.

We have no idea what Venkys will do. They could just as easily sack him and Waggott as give them both new contracts and give the green light to selling Brockhall to raise funds.

The fundamental question on a fansite is “does the manager have the support of the fans?”. It really is that simple.

Meanwhile... “Look at this independent poll, Madame, even the fans will be surprised if you were to sack Tony at this stage”.

The only way that Tony could hypothetically stay is if there was a 100% turnover of the playing staff and none of the outgoing players speak to the incoming ones. He has run out of ideas, is being tactically and motivationally out though by other Championship managers and these players know it. It will take 12-18 months before the incoming players work it out so “the journey” would be back on - and the game counter would be reset, again.

Spot on Stuart.

A more helpful question would be

(Even if the decision had previously been taken to allow Mowbray to leave in a relatively dignified manner in the summer)

If we lose tomorrow is there anyone out there who could put a smile on the players faces and give us a short term "new manager bounce until the end of the season?

Any suggestions?

Sparky?

Martin O Neill?

• Like 1

No he could take us down and I think he would still keep his job, he's untouchable and the arrogant bugger knows it. He's appointed his mate in as CEO who will back him and they will both give the same pitiful excuses to the owners for this dreadful season which they will fall for. 

• Like 2

We wouldn't be having this poll at any other normally run club he would be out on his arse now.Caring and thoughtful owners would have taken direct and positive action long ago.

If he is still here come next Season then ST sales will reflect this.

Mowbray,Waggot and Venus just please piss off

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I'd say No but hope it's a Yes. 

If he does go, either a walkout or a dismissal, I'll be wanting to know why now and not much earlier. We've slithered down the league but with the current squad we should be at least 7th or 8th.  

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes

A confident answer to the question or just wishful thinking Chaddy?

We're in for some cracking games ahead playing teams below all fighting for their Championship lives. Three chances:

1) pull clear, 2) fall like a brick, 3) goes down to the wire.

Pressure's on for Mowbray but I can't see him walking.

6 hours ago, Cherry Blue said:

A confident answer to the question or just wishful thinking Chaddy?

We're in for some cracking games ahead playing teams below all fighting for their Championship lives. Three chances:

1) pull clear, 2) fall like a brick, 3) goes down to the wire.

Pressure's on for Mowbray but I can't see him walking.

I just think the owners will get rid of Mowbray after backing his slow build plan and financially backing it to 20 millions in terms of transfer fees plus wages. We haven't improve in terms of league position or this possession based style hasn't worked this season as we dont have enough players that suit it. 

33 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Here’s a question. If he were to be sacked/leave by mutual consent at the end of this season. What reception would you give him on his return in the future ?

I wouldnt give him any reception at all. I wouldnt abuse him or clap him. 

He did a good job in first 2/3 years(full seasons here) but the 12 months has been appalling and unacceptable 

• Like 1

If he goes on a winning run now, which is standard practice for him, it will suddenly look a lot more plausible for him to stay.

Venkys have shown they are disengaged so will pick the simple option. 

Reckon for him to be certain to go we will have to lose three of the last four. I can see Mowbray winning three of them and Venkys leave him in place.

• Like 1

When does his current contract actually expire do we know? November?

IF he was still at the helm and IF fans are allowed back in then he wouldn't even last that long in the new season.

Sitting in a dugout in an empty stadium is a different proposition to having I dunno even 8 thousand fans expressing their views. His next job, if he even gets one is league 1 or below at a much lower rate of pay. As much as I want shut, he's not stupid and he knows that.

I don't even want to think about the prospect of a new contract 😕