get the f out 

lost all love for football, my fear is it may never return to what it was 

sad , I used to bleed blue and white 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I notice he doesn't accept any responsibility 

He never has. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He must have no pride or self respect. Anybody with a modicum of either would have called time by now.

He’s just very arrogant and very thick. Worse than Kean now. 

• Like 3

This pic says it all. It's on the iFollow news feed. On the right, we have Gagging-for-his-Payoff-Tony coming out guns blazing before tonight's match by bigging up our opponents. Wednesday will be, "Hyped for Hillsbrough clash". That's right, this shambles on their way down to the third tier should be feared like a mixture of Brazil '70 and Pep's Barcelona. Why encourage your own team when you can talk up the opposition?

This is followed by, LOL!, after the game's Payoff-Eager-Mowbray interview with the headline, "A Familiar Story". Now, there's no additional comment needed here really, but one does have to point out the vacant thousand-yard stare of a man who really cannot believe he hasn't been sacked and paid off yet. We're so pathetic that we're not even a laughing stock anymore. 

"Venky's, I'm begging you...this is torture. Give me my money, FFS!"

One day, a wordsmith will pen a Greek tragedy about the club that was Blackburn Rovers. How on earth they'll keep it down to just the FIVE Acts though, lord only knows...

20210421_054533.thumb.jpg.6394b96a4b9b88acaf469b441692f1b9.jpg

Edited by TheRoversReturn

2 hours ago, RTM08 said:

I hate listening to him drone on with excuses every week. There's no passion there - just get rid. If he's here next season the club can forget about selling tickets, shirts etc.

All I heard was he would have been happier with a 2 or 3 nil defeat. 

• Like 1

Going off that interview, he looks and sounds like he has had enough. He needs putting out of his misery. This isn't doing him or any of us any good. As other posters have said, he probably can't believe he is still in a job.

It's crazy that we have owners who refuse to do anything. Go on numerous losing runs? No problem. Fall away drastically from the top 6? No problem. Waste £12m on two duds? No problem. Win 2 games out of 17? No problem. Is there any other club in England where this would happen?

There are a few bad owners out there, sure, but I don't think any of them would act (or refuse to act) like this lot are doing. Nobody is getting any enjoyment out of this. Mowbray's had enough, a lot of the fans have had enough. Bloody do something, Venky's!

• Like 2

Another match that typified our season - good possession, looked the better team for long periods - but ultimately a mirage as we created few clear chances and then had to rely on our keeper as we made their attacks look like Real Madrid.

The only possession that really counts is in the final third - which is where we fail badly.

4 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's crazy that we have owners who refuse to do anything. Go on numerous losing runs? No problem. Fall away drastically from the top 6? No problem. Waste £12m on two duds? No problem. Win 2 games out of 17? No problem. Is there any other club in England where this would happen?

I think Venkys have made a habit of 1sts. My favs are defo, record number of contracts paid up in a season and record amount of money. I guess we're after the record worst run of a manager ever now, great stuff....

Trouble is they are all 1sts no one wants.

Edited by Ulrich

As much as I'm hacked off with Mowbray I'm getting close to being as equally angered by our half arsed closing down resulting in deflections for opposition goals. It feels like every goal we concede is either a free header or deflected strike wrong footing our keeper.

• Like 1

What a dreadful interview....” but, Thursday we’ll be back and we’ll go again “ 

..... the thing is ...... we’ve never “ gone “ for the past two seasons ! We’ve limped, we’ve had tired and jaded players , we’ve had an embarrassment of a collection of blokes in our shirts .

He’s finished .....and so are we. 

• Like 3

I've seen the result but I'm waiting on Andy Watson's (Stockton-On-Tees) data science to tell me who really won. 

He's currently down a rabbit-hole so he may be some time. He's been on twitter in the last 24 hours drawing parallels between Rovers currently and Norwich the season before they first went up under Farke.  

Sound familiar fans? Norwich were pretty much in our position and Farke under similar pressure in the season before their first title winning season. However, there are of course far more problems at Ewood than just the game model employed by the manager...
Quote Tweet

9 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He's just hanging around for his payoff

That's the strength of it and he doesn't care how much damage he inflicts on the Club and our supporters if he's given one more season. I'm convinced he won't go unless he's sacked and Venkys won't sack him  because they want to avoid a pay-out. What a mess.

So much for the honourable man.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Preston go back above us and will stay there - probably for evermore.

Bleak House.

Yep.

North End. Nowhere near where they were two seasons ago, when Mowbray thought we couldn’t compete with them.

Theyre now a poor side but still above us.

Is this the journey?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, den said:

Yep.

North End. Nowhere near where they were two seasons ago, when Mowbray thought we couldn’t compete with them.

Theyre now a poor side but still above us.

Is this the journey?

I'd say they are in transition.  They have a good base of players which is more than we have after this season.  

If we stay like this the gap will be bigger next season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Derby win all three games they have left they can get to 51 points. If Rotherham win four out of six games they have left they can also get to 51 points. I can’t see us getting another point playing like we did tonight.

The way Derby and Rotherham are playing they probably won't get another point between them.

We're very lucky we have managed to scrape enough just enough points to stay up.

Next season is the one to be concerned about. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

The way Derby and Rotherham are playing they probably won't get another point between them.

We're very lucky we have managed to scrape enough just enough points to stay up.

Next season is the one to be concerned about. 

TBH - not certain how we went from a free scoring attacking team to one that looks like it can't score. I do wonder how much we miss Dolan's energy - not necessarily his actual play - but his movement off the ball and energy provides outlets I think we have badly missed. It was interesting when he played as a striker for a while - how much more cohesive we looked as an attacking unit. Just shows how we are too static as a team in the attacking third - TBH think this is down to TM - as players often don't seem to know whether to stick or twist when it comes to attacking or defending.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

TBH - not certain how we went from a free scoring attacking team to one that looks like it can't score. I do wonder how much we miss Dolan's energy - not necessarily his actual play - but his movement off the ball and energy provides outlets I think we have badly missed. It was interesting when he played as a striker for a while - how much more cohesive we looked as an attacking unit. Just shows how we are too static as a team in the attacking third - TBH think this is down to TM - as players often don't seem to know whether to stick or twist when it comes to attacking or defending.

We were only free scoring against ten men teams. 11 vs 11 we've struggled to score all season, pretty much.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

We were only free scoring against ten men teams. 11 vs 11 we've struggled to score all season, pretty much.

I agree partly with this - but I think a lot of the sending off's were as a result of pressure and good attacking play. The PNE match was a good example of this. It is also more difficult against 10 men to score - as they tend to pack their defences - so I think some credit still has to be given.

• Like 1