BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Sheff Weds (a) 20/4 7pm Red Button

When people keep mentioning that they can't believe and he can't believe he still has a job, it make me fooking furious that venkys haven't sacked him yet.  Wtf do they get out of keeping someone that doesn't want to be there? It's Madness. 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He wants to sacked, I'm sure of it. He looks and sounds like he's had enough and he probably knows he should be gone. Even he's probably perplexed why he's still there.  He's just hanging around for his payoff and is waiting for the bullet. But still it doesn't come because there's no one with the authority to pull the trigger. A dysfunctional club plods on, rudderless and directionless. It's all so frustrating and sad

His team selections show that as well as his body language/sound bites. Keep everyone happy and giving everyone minutes and appearance bonuses until he gets his pay off 

12 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Derby win all three games they have left they can get to 51 points. If Rotherham win four out of six games they have left they can also get to 51 points. I can’t see us getting another point playing like we did tonight.

The chances of them winning all those games are slim to say the least, particularly Derby. If they drop points in 1 game we are safe. 

We are 500/1 to go down 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Rotherham can afford to lose two games and still get to 51 points, we’re still on 50 points.

Doesn't matter , Derby aren't winning all 3 

They probably won't beat Birmingham at home, let alone Swansea away. Luckily they are garbage 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He's not doing a very good job keeping players happy judging by their general demeneur 

He keeps telling them they’re “ jaded “ so what do you expect. A ready made excuse not to perform.

I used to know the chief exec at my local Rugby League team. He told me “ 90 % of my job is making sure the buggers don’t have any excuses for not performing ! “

Mowbray gives them a get out every time we play.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He keeps telling them they’re “ jaded “ so what do you expect. A ready made excuse not to perform.

I used to know the chief exec at my local Rugby League team. He told me “ 90 % of my job is making sure the buggers don’t have any excuses for not performing ! “

Mowbray gives them a get out every time we play.

That's his way. He's an excuse based manager 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

His team selections show that as well as his body language/sound bites. Keep everyone happy and giving everyone minutes and appearance bonuses until he gets his pay off 

I think we could go back 18 months and he was similar then, looking forlorn, knackered, confused. Talking about being away from his family (1.5 hrs away), how he didn't like letting players down when they trained hard all week, how it would be nice to have a two week break etc.

All that was mid season when we were struggling again. The guy is done at this level, i think he pretty much made his mind up back then he was just going to plod on without much of a toss and whatever will be will be.

Despite some bold words as usual in summer pretty much everything since then has backed up that theory. To be fair it's been a right old slog for everybody with the pandemic but they still had plenty down time.

However all the signs were there a few years ago with this fella he's just settled into a plod. Then when his tree was shaken a while back he didn't like it, now he's between a rock and a hard place but the solution is simple.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

He wants to sacked, I'm sure of it. He looks and sounds like he's had enough and he probably knows he should be gone. Even he's probably perplexed why he's still there.  He's just hanging around for his payoff and is waiting for the bullet. But still it doesn't come because there's no one with the authority to pull the trigger. A dysfunctional club plods on, rudderless and directionless. It's all so frustrating and sad

Agree with that, the body language (Venus too) and comments really are pathetic - and it’s rubbing off on the players, who look like they’d rather be anywhere else. He is as good as begging to be paid off and looks bemused that he hasn’t already.

All this about ‘journeys’, ‘identity’ are just buzz words and excuses, he obviously can’t be arsed in putting the graft in to totally re-build the side and he doesn’t have the capability to actually achieve it anyway.

Though as always, shame on the owners for their total neglect of this football club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, den said:

Yep.

North End. Nowhere near where they were two seasons ago, when Mowbray thought we couldn’t compete with them.

Theyre now a poor side but still above us.

Is this the journey?

The actual Journey has never been explained.

My go is from the scrapheap to a very comfortable retirement and don't look at any tables or chairs on the way.

Anyway the current Journey is just about to hit a solid brick wall, ironically called a window.

I hope there is at least one casualty in this crash.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

The actual Journey has never been explained.

My go is from the scrapheap to a very comfortable retirement and don't look at any tables or chairs on the way.

Anyway the current Journey is just about to hit a solid brick wall, ironically called a window.

I hope there is at least one casualty in this crash.

The bloody adverts that pop up on the site are even at it now

"Still thinking of building , start your JOURNEY " 

• Like 5

I did not even know we were playing. The first I learned of it was upon checking my emails earlier today and seeing the offer to see the game on iFollow (No thanks by the way).

It would appear that I had a lucky escape. Commiserations to those that spent almost 2 hours of their life on it, and especially to those that actually shelled out a further £10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheWeasel said:

Tony Mowbray is truly a magician, every week I ask myself "how could it possibly be worse than that" yet somehow the shower of shite manages to do worse than dismal. I'm in awe.

Maybe he should run at the next UK election?

(It will also probably the only way we will get rid of him).

• Like 1

TBH- my biggest disappointment is that what has been a relatively successful time for TM where he did some good work - is being totally undermined by a determination to hang onto his job (something he said he wouldn't do) when it is obvious his time at the club has run its course. IMO he has taken us as far as he can - and I think this season has shown that - a season when we should have been challenging for top 6.

Having said all that - I wouldn't just give up a job without compensation - but then again I don't spout about "doing the honorable thing".

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

TBH- my biggest disappointment is that what has been a relatively successful time for TM where he did some good work - is being totally undermined by a determination to hang onto his job (something he said he wouldn't do) when it is obvious his time at the club has run its course. IMO he has taken us as far as he can - and I think this season has shown that - a season when we should have been challenging for top 6.

Having said all that - I wouldn't just give up a job without compensation - but then again I don't spout about "doing the honorable thing".

I don't think he is trying to hold onto his job though. I think he is expecting the sack, but it just won't come. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banzai said:

It would appear that I had a lucky escape. Commiserations to those that spent almost 2 hours of their life on it, and especially to those that actually shelled out a further £10.

Surely we must be selling hardly any iFollow passes now. Weren't we down to about 1000 for one game, and even that was a couple of months ago? Must be, what, a couple of hundred now? Few hundred absolute max.

I haven't paid to watch on iFollow since December now when it became clear it would be another season of nothingness (not that, deep down, I expected anything else under Mowbray) after hardly missing a game before that. Not missed it one bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Agree with that, the body language (Venus too) and comments really are pathetic - and it’s rubbing off on the players, who look like they’d rather be anywhere else. He is as good as begging to be paid off and looks bemused that he hasn’t already.

All this about ‘journeys’, ‘identity’ are just buzz words and excuses, he obviously can’t be arsed in putting the graft in to totally re-build the side and he doesn’t have the capability to actually achieve it anyway.

Though as always, shame on the owners for their total neglect of this football club.

To be fair, he seems a defeated man. He's tried all he knows what to do and it hasn't worked. He needs a rest but knows this is probably his last job at this level and with this kind of salary. He ain't walking.

I reckon there's a good chance this will be his last job in management. 

I forgot this game was even on - that’s how much I’ve stopped caring in the last few weeks.

I watched the highlights and feel thoroughly embarrassed as a Rovers fan at just how bad we were. It’s just unacceptable, utter garbage.

Nothing against TM, he’s done a great job for us in previous seasons and I know this season has been pretty tough on the team, but it’s clearly time to go now.

I just don’t know where we go from here otherwise. The whole team needs rebuilding again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Miker said:

I forgot this game was even on - that’s how much I’ve stopped caring in the last few weeks.

I watched the highlights and feel thoroughly embarrassed as a Rovers fan at just how bad we were. It’s just unacceptable, utter garbage.

Nothing against TM, he’s done a great job for us in previous seasons and I know this season has been pretty tough on the team, but it’s clearly time to go now.

I just don’t know where we go from here otherwise. The whole team needs rebuilding again.

I would say it's more of a case that the management team needs rebuilding.

• Like 1