• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

My thought after reading the LT article today that 'the club' (not sure who that means precisely...) intend to stick with TM in the summer...petition? A few thousand fans putting their name to a

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

The “protest” will be in August.

It will be an organic, uncoordinated boycott of season tickets.

No matter what unfortunately i could never not buy a season ticket i will always be there it will always be MY club no matter who is running the club be it manager, CEO, absent owners. i was taken there by my parents and i am now taking my kids nobody will take that away from me

Just now, pedrob2014 said:

No matter what unfortunately i could never not buy a season ticket i will always be there it will always be MY club no matter who is running the club be it manager, CEO, absent owners. i was taken there by my parents and i am now taking my kids nobody will take that away from me

And that’s fine, but this summer, like in 1960 and 2012, thousands won’t be thinking like you and will simply keep their wallets in their pockets  - that is always how Rovers fans show their displeasure.

4 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Same as me i want my kids to be blues so we will be there in august 

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

And that’s fine, but this summer, like in 1960 and 2012, thousands won’t be thinking like you and will simply keep their wallets in their pockets  - that is always how Rovers fans show their displeasure.

But do you really think they care.  Who do you think cares more absent owners Waggot and Mowbray that some people havent brought a season ticket.  Or you that you cant go and watch the club you have grown up with

1 minute ago, pedrob2014 said:

But do you really think they care.  Who do you think cares more absent owners Waggot and Mowbray that some people havent brought a season ticket.  Or you that you cant go and watch the club you have grown up with

Course they don’t care. 

But many fans don’t see the club like you do, they have a more transactional nature with it. They are out of the habit, they don’t like what they see on and off the pitch, and they’ll simply say ‘no thanks’.

I love the story of WIR Second Coming sitting in his car in the pouring rain to protest and him eventually finding another protester, a lone Birmingham fan protesting at his club's ownership. You couldn't make it up.

Surely a newshound worth his salt would be interested in this.

2 hours ago, bazza said:

I love the story of WIR Second Coming sitting in his car in the pouring rain to protest and him eventually finding another protester, a lone Birmingham fan protesting at his club's ownership. You couldn't make it up.

Surely a newshound worth his salt would be interested in this.

It was worse than that! I was out of the car and getting pished wet through when I spied what I hoped was another fanatic across the car park  putting up a banner.. nearly passed myself laughing when I spoke to him & found out he hadn't just rolled down Livesey Branch Road for the privilege of being Billy no mates in the rain, but had driven all the way from Brum to kick our 'protest' fairly and squarely into the shitter!

It gave the stewards and the assembled massed ranks of Lancasire Constabulary a hearty chuckle though, so I guess my soggy misadventure had some point and a silver lining..

Of course I'd be more than happy to talk to a real journalist about it, but I don't think there are any in this neck of the woods any more🤔

Edited by WIR Second Coming
I wanted to rant, I wanted to shout, but no one turned up, so Mowbray's not out.....yet 😉

@WIR Second ComingWas it just you there? Or were there any other Rovers protesters?

There were a few on here quite vocal about organising the protest and putting those who didn't plan on protesting or have reasons for not wanting to protest to shame. Did they go? It's gone a bit quiet in the last few days...

20 hours ago, WIR Second Coming said:

It was worse than that! I was out of the car and getting pished wet through when I spied what I hoped was another fanatic across the car park  putting up a banner.. nearly passed myself laughing when I spoke to him & found out he hadn't just rolled down Livesey Branch Road for the privilege of being Billy no mates in the rain, but had driven all the way from Brum to kick our 'protest' fairly and squarely into the shitter!

It gave the stewards and the assembled massed ranks of Lancasire Constabulary a hearty chuckle though, so I guess my soggy misadventure had some point and a silver lining..

Of course I'd be more than happy to talk to a real journalist about it, but I don't think there are any in this neck of the woods any more🤔

So it was "The Rovers Two" and "The Birmingham One" trying to oust "The Coventry Three!"  🙂

Cracking effort by you guys.