On 04/06/2021 at 08:19, Stuart said:

Point of order: we’ve been in the third division for two spells (5 years total, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes) in our entire 132 year history of league football. (Less than 4%). Jack took us back to the top flight. In the 100 years before Jack arrived, 55 of those were as a top flight team. 73/124 in total until Kean took us down. We are a top Championship club with people holding us down for their own gain, or through their own ineptitude.

Let’s leave the dumbing down to those currently making money out of the club.

Points well made.

I think we need a script about this to produce, when countering all the supine "we are at our natural level" comments on Facebook etc

Re Third Division, you got me thinking. I make it 6 seasons in 3 spells. In fact, we finished in the top 3 in 4 out of those 6 seasons. I remember in 1973 we also  finished 3rd, but it was the last year, when only two went up. It was the year of Roger Jones' Banks-esque save at Notts County.

But to manage Rovers down to the third tier, so soon after the successes of Souness and Hughes is a hell of an indictment for our illustrious owners. Shameful!

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Point of order: we’ve been in the third division for two spells (5 years total, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes) in our entire 132 year history of league football. (Less than 4%). Jack took

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

Posted Images

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Points well made.

I think we need a script about this to produce, when countering all the supine "we are at our natural level" comments on Facebook etc

Re Third Division, you got me thinking. I make it 6 seasons in 3 spells. In fact, we finished in the top 3 in 4 out of those 6 seasons. I remember in 1973 we also  finished 3rd, but it was the last year, when only two went up. It was the year of Roger Jones' Banks-esque save at Notts County.

But to manage Rovers down to the third tier, so soon after the successes of Souness and Hughes is a hell of an indictment for our illustrious owners. Shameful!

Yes, 6 is correct.

We are in fact below whatever is our ''natural level''.

What a bollocks wording that is. It can mean anything you want it to so I'm using long term historical league positions.

Final league position unless you are a fucking madman like Mowbray reflects all the football factors of possession, performance, pitch condition and if the wife burnt the Lemon Drizzle cake.

Using a 3 year cycle and final league position in League 2 or as it's misleading now called the Championship as the yardstick then under Venkys horror show we are well under average.

In fact I reckon that our worst two 3 year cycles ever have been under Venkys and the most recent under Mowbray as manager.

I have not rechecked my opinion but I do not think I'm far out.

Source: http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/blar.htm

Edited by AllRoverAsia