15 hours ago, Gav said:

The owners are the problem, not the managers that have served under them (King rat and Coyle aside)

Protest against the owners, they have ruined the football club, businesses in the town, peoples lives and Jack Walkers legacy.

Everything else is a side show....

I agree but disagree Gav....let's see the owners true colours would be my view:

Embrace them, (with the pandemic, we'd have had a serious financial  issue that's for sure, irrespective of what has gone prior) and let's state what we want, should we, as fans, be given a clean sheet of paper.

As a starter for 10: I want a club to be proud of ,where all supporters past, present or future feel a part and valued. I want everyone involved in BRFC to be paddling in the same direction. I want corporate, empowered governance, who only have the very best interests of BRFC at heart, can be trusted and have no ulterior motives of potential self interests or egos. I want a first team manager who we all can identify with, who motivates players and fans alike, doesn't take the piss out of all of us with ludicrous comments. A manager with a plan, that signs players to fit with the plan, who we see motivating everyone from the technical area, that's pissed off when we lose, that accepts mistakes when they are inevitably made, tells us how he intends to put them right. More than anything, someone that we feel we can trust.

All of this, plus the financial backing of Venkys, along with a group of players with a blue and white heart beating under the badge of the red rose of Lancashire, would be ace!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

My thought after reading the LT article today that 'the club' (not sure who that means precisely...) intend to stick with TM in the summer...petition? A few thousand fans putting their name to a

Posted Images

How can you communicate with people who don't want to interact darrenrover?

They are not interested,this is why we are in the present predicament with this hapless so-called Manager.

It's not about what we want mate...our opinion counts for nothing in their eyes.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Unless there is a massive street/ground "presence", the others will merely utilise the low numbers to dismiss and minimise.

Meanwhile, I have learned that so much can be achieved by "working smarter-not necessarily harder-on line and by other methods of visibility.

Without saying too much, does anyone remember what gesture had the most impact before one of the FA Cup ties...(v Liverpool or ManUtd, I think) and made the ownership the talking point?

4 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You don't have to be at the ground to let your feelings be known? Anything else you could do?

Bar send emails to venkys hq which I have done and were ignored I don’t think there is a lot to do to get my feelings known. I doubt they have noticed I haven’t been buying stuff from the online shop and obviously haven’t been attending games 

37 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Without saying too much, does anyone remember what gesture had the most impact before one of the FA Cup ties...(v Liverpool or ManUtd, I think) and made the ownership the talking point?

I remember (and took part in) a lot of the protests and events, but no I don't.  Which implies to me personally that it wasn't as effective as you imagine.

Edited by Hasta
13 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I remember (and took part in) a lot of the protests and events, but no I don't.  Which implies to me personally that it wasn't as effective as you imagine.

Sky TV...Motorway banner..promoted big discussion of Venky's "ruining" the club-Sutton/Savage...

The protests against Venky’s and Kean ten years ago were futile. Only a tiny percentage of our support turned out to vent their feelings and to be honest, it was an embarrassment. Credit, though, to those that made the effort.

I said at that time, we now have the wrong type of supporter base. The Sky tv, Premier League ‘corporate bullshit and prawn sandwiches’ years have made us soft. Up until the late 80s, our fans would have turned out in big numbers and got a result. Not any more. The fans of Millwall, Stoke, West Ham and the like would have made a scene. It pains me to say it but Burnley would have done as well. Even Blackpool fans kept chipping away at the Oystons, they stuck true to their task and, finally, won.

Whilst Venky’s are the main problem here, I’m with Nick on this one. They continue to fund us and have, on average, put in around £20 million per year to keep us at this level. The money is there. We have owners with money and who will part with it. I don’t want to say too much on here because I don’t want to jeopardise things that may be going on in the background.

We need to engage with Venky’s and open dialogue with them. In short, we need to get them to fucking well speak to us. When I say ‘us’, I mean the fans, not the Coventry Three. We need to get their feelings, get them to outline their plans. Do they have a plan? Do they have plans? Ten years down the line, I have absolutely no idea why they bought us and what their intentions are. We need to speak to them on a regular basis so we can get to know them and build up trust. By on a regular basis, I mean monthly.

This should be the last throw of the dice. Who wants to be here in another five years saying exactly the same things? Why won’t Venky’s speak to us? Why won’t they let us know their plans? Why don’t they come to Ewood? Fuck me, I’ve almost forgotten what they look like.

My opinion is that if we can’t get to at least speak with them and start to engage with them, we try and oust them, starting with protests. We’ve got to start somewhere. How long do we give it? 

3 hours ago, Dolly blue said:

I protested long and hard during the very dark early Venkys days...

I marched...I wrote to the Indian Times......wrote to Jack Straw....wrote to Henry Winter... voiced my massive concerns on 5 Live, Talksport, Radio Lancashire .....I attended meetings a King  George’s, and other venues ....voicing my opinion at each.....where did it get me ?

a decline in health, abuse from “ true fans” .

I would join this protest against the current “ set up “.....but....

I WOULD WANT US IN NUMBERS....the time for talking and platitudes has to stop .....this club needs ACTION  

I would argue that the most effective form of protest is doing what your adversary least wants you to do.
In the current circumstances, that is probably withdrawing all discretionary spending at Rovers.

Some will abandon their season tickets given recent events.
Some might be persuaded to delay season ticket renewals to at least send a message.

Some will want to renew season tickets anyhow... but might be persuaded to suspend spending in the club shop. 

In the current climate, a physical protest when matches are BCD & not televised is likely to be sub-optimal. Waggott having to explain a record low numbers of season ticket sales, new shirt sales etc is harder for him to sweep under the carpet.

Vote with our wallets.

34 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I would argue that the most effective form of protest is doing what your adversary least wants you to do.
In the current circumstances, that is probably withdrawing all discretionary spending at Rovers.

Some might be persuaded to delay season ticket renewals to at least send a message.

Some will want to renew season tickets anyhow... but might be persuaded to suspend spending in the club shop. 

In the current climate, a physical protest when matches are BCD & not televised is likely to be sub-optimal. Waggott having to explain a record low numbers of season ticket sales, new shirt sales etc is harder for him to sweep under the carpet.

Vote with our wallets.

I'm sorry but I wholeheartedly disagree with you.....

10,000 season ticket sales lost at £400 a pop equates to what financially?.........a Daniel Ayala and Cory Evans combined annual salary?!

If this club means anything to you, we need 20,000 on Ewood balling and screaming their heads off, not the opposite.

If we are to do it, we need to make it like a matchday and get people there in numbers. 

My suggestion would be 8th May at home to Birmingham which would be the last game of the season.

Plenty of time to make banners and get the word out. 

If there is a graphic designer among us that can knock something up for social media with the details on that would be good too. 

Like people have said, if we do it and only 30 turn up it will be embarrassing and send out the wrong message. We need at least 1000. 

58 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Why won’t Venky’s speak to us? Why won’t they let us know their plans? Why don’t they come to Ewood? Fuck me, I’ve almost forgotten what they look like.

Is it something to do with a snowball? Hell, I wish that had never been thrown.

15 minutes ago, bazza said:

Good job they didn’t take over Millwall. A snowball would have been the least of their worries. 😆

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

I agree but disagree Gav....let's see the owners true colours would be my view:

Embrace them, (with the pandemic, we'd have had a serious financial  issue that's for sure, irrespective of what has gone prior) and let's state what we want, should we, as fans, be given a clean sheet of paper.

Sorry darrenrover but if you've not seen the owners true colours by now you're not looking hard enough.

The latest debacle, selling the training ground, I could fill an entire page on the site with balls up after balls up.

Not sacking Mowbray, bad decision after recent results, the list is endless.

I love your enthusiasm, but come on, this doesn't get any better until absent owners sod off.

Before anyone talks about money and debt, I'd buy 4 season tickets tomorrow in non league if that was the result, for games at Pleasington, if it means getting rid of those muppets.

This club will never recover until they are dispatched. 

9 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s...

John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allowed to continue running the club. Eventually sent packing. Ignored.

Jack Straw - MP for Blackburn, one of the most high profile politicians in the country, held several high prominent positions, took the US Secretary of State to Ewood, called for a Premier League investigation. Ignored.

Wayne Wild - poured sponsorship money into the club at a rate of hundreds of thousands of pounds for several years. Ignored.

Rovers Trust - Community Benefit Society following approved model with backing from national representative body. Ignored.

Simon Garner - legendary player, part of Blackburn folklore, one of several who tried. Ignored.

Battersby and Currie - offered them a way out, that was rebuffed. Offered them advice before going very quiet. Seemingly ignored.

Hundreds of individual fans and multiple groups tried opening constructive dialogue as well as staging matches, walkouts, media campaigns... I don’t think there is a fanbase in the country that were as consistent, varied and creative in their attempts to protest. Ignored.

So with all due respect, good luck trying to work with this “honest, committed, humble” lot, you’ll have to succeed where all the above failed.

Correct, nothing, none of it worked, for whatever reason. Hence the reason to attempt to chuck a final roll of the dice in a professional and respectful manner and see what transpires and comes back.

if that fails, you’ll see a different darrenrover because I’m well accustomed and extremely proficient at wearing a pair of steel toe capped Docs, rather than a pair of slippers!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

Edited by darrenrover
2 hours ago, Herbie6590 said:

Vote with our wallets.

Exactly - NAPM. Boycott en masse and persevere until they leave.

Venky's would be embarrassed by an empty Ewood.

Anything else and they plod on happily ignoring the club and the fans for another decade.

1 hour ago, bazza said:

Oh, come on now! January 2013 as year Zero?

They had already ripped the club apart and made it a laughing stock and..er..taken a helluva lot of "bad advice" by then.

I am not justifying the snowball, but why was the "reception committee" there in the first place?

2 hours ago, Madon said:

If we are to do it, we need to make it like a matchday and get people there in numbers. 

My suggestion would be 8th May at home to Birmingham which would be the last game of the season.

Plenty of time to make banners and get the word out. 

If there is a graphic designer among us that can knock something up for social media with the details on that would be good too. 

Like people have said, if we do it and only 30 turn up it will be embarrassing and send out the wrong message. We need at least 1000. 

Unfortunately the Rovers fan-Twitterati who have the biggest profiles and visibity with their blogs etc (we know who they are) will be the first to belittle at best, condemn at worst whatever the numbers, clutching their pearls, which will play right into the hands of Waggott et al.

Divide and conquer has been the way for a decade now.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Unfortunately the Rovers fan-Twitterati who have the biggest profiles and visibity with their blogs etc (we know who they are) will be the first to belittle at best, condemn at worst whatever the numbers, clutching their pearls, which will play right into the hands of Waggott et al.

Great idea to ensure one reaps what one sows!

”Get in to ‘em!!”

WATR!!!

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That's no reason not to do it. 

7 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Unless there is a massive street/ground "presence", the others will merely utilise the low numbers to dismiss and minimise.

Meanwhile, I have learned that so much can be achieved by "working smarter-not necessarily harder-on line and by other methods of visibility.

It was this...

Do our celebrity fans, and we do have some, care enough? Do our celebrity ex players want to get their hands dirty?

Brilliant that Stuart. In fact, substitute Blackburn Rovers for Liverpool and it would be entirely appropriate for us. Gets the message across perfectly.

Any protest at Ewood could be done in two entirely different ways :-

(1) if we want them out, full stop, then an angry type of protest backed up by messages like the above and a serious campaign to let them know they are not wanted or welcome here.

(2) if we want one last throw of the dice, then a peaceful type of protest with banners and placards saying stuff like, ‘let’s meet’, ‘ we need to talk’, ‘why don’t you visit us’, ‘you’re welcome in Blackburn’, and so on.

Either way, it needs numbers to be effective. The second option would have to include invites (well in advance) to the local rag and Radio Lancashire to ensure wide coverage.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

That's no reason not to do it. 

Not saying it is, but as someone that did every single protest in the early days, just pointing out it will be that again, just on a smaller scale.

100 or so fans outside the JW will be spun relentlessly in ‘the club’s’ favour by its useful idiots.

Edited by Mattyblue
7 hours ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

The protests against Venky’s and Kean ten years ago were futile. Only a tiny percentage of our support turned out to vent their feelings and to be honest, it was an embarrassment. Credit, though, to those that made the effort.

I said at that time, we now have the wrong type of supporter base. The Sky tv, Premier League ‘corporate bullshit and prawn sandwiches’ years have made us soft. Up until the late 80s, our fans would have turned out in big numbers and got a result. Not any more. The fans of Millwall, Stoke, West Ham and the like would have made a scene. It pains me to say it but Burnley would have done as well. Even Blackpool fans kept chipping away at the Oystons, they stuck true to their task and, finally, won.

Whilst Venky’s are the main problem here, I’m with Nick on this one. They continue to fund us and have, on average, put in around £20 million per year to keep us at this level. The money is there. We have owners with money and who will part with it. I don’t want to say too much on here because I don’t want to jeopardise things that may be going on in the background.

We need to engage with Venky’s and open dialogue with them. In short, we need to get them to fucking well speak to us. When I say ‘us’, I mean the fans, not the Coventry Three. We need to get their feelings, get them to outline their plans. Do they have a plan? Do they have plans? Ten years down the line, I have absolutely no idea why they bought us and what their intentions are. We need to speak to them on a regular basis so we can get to know them and build up trust. By on a regular basis, I mean monthly.

This should be the last throw of the dice. Who wants to be here in another five years saying exactly the same things? Why won’t Venky’s speak to us? Why won’t they let us know their plans? Why don’t they come to Ewood? Fuck me, I’ve almost forgotten what they look like.

My opinion is that if we can’t get to at least speak with them and start to engage with them, we try and oust them, starting with protests. We’ve got to start somewhere. How long do we give it? 

Good luck with that, I can never see it happening, they are not interested in us, the fans. We are irrelevant, otherwise they wouldn't have presided over a massive fall in fan numbers actually attending through their tenure. I've finally come to the conclusion we are just a figure on the profit and LOSS sheet, and if they are so rich, they will make more money globally than they lose, so more of the same.

22 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Good luck with that, I can never see it happening, they are not interested in us, the fans. We are irrelevant, otherwise they wouldn't have presided over a massive fall in fan numbers actually attending through their tenure. 

You could be right but, there again, could be wrong. If I were a betting man, I would also say that dialogue between them and us won’t happen.

If that turns out to be the case, they need to be outed from the club. Protests need to be started to get the ball rolling. One way or another, something needs to be done or we’ll be in the same position in five or ten years time. I say the same position but without any upward change in the calibre of charlatans running the club from within, we’ll probably be in the 4th Division.