18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I find your defence of the owners baffling and provocative. These twats have been exactly the same since owning us, negligent and disinterested, they havent suddenly and temporarily taken a back seat because of the pandemic. Plus even if that had have been the case, you keep putting Pasha on a pedestal as if he is the answer, even if the owners are so much in a rut due to Covid that they cant even for an hour consider their football club, which a baseless hypothesis, then surely Pasha can come in and sack the manager anyway? There is NO excuse for them.

I'm find baffling that you keep banging on a few times a year about the owners and how they run. You post the same comments every year instead of accepting their ways cos they arent going to change. 

JB posted a couple of weeks how it works. If Pasha want to sack Mowbray then Balaji would have to sign it off. 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

My thought after reading the LT article today that 'the club' (not sure who that means precisely...) intend to stick with TM in the summer...petition? A few thousand fans putting their name to a

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm find baffling that you keep banging on a few times a year about the owners and how they run. You post the same comments every year instead of accepting their ways cos they arent going to change. 

JB posted a couple of weeks how it works. If Pasha want to sack Mowbray then Balaji would have to sign it off. 

If thats the case, why do you keep banging on about the manager needing sacking, I agree he does, but why dont we just accept their ways because they wont change? Because we dont like things that negatively affect our football club.

They dont want to sack him or indeed dont care enough to sack him, and thats the problem, its not "one of those things."

• Moderation Lead
13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why on earth would anyone accept something that is detrimental to the football club and even unacceptable?!

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If thats the case, why do you keep banging on about the manager needing sacking, 

And why did he used to bang on for months about how foolish it would be to sack him?

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If thats the case, why do you keep banging on about the manager needing sacking, I agree he does, but why dont we just accept their ways because they wont change? Because we dont like things that negatively affect our football club.

If Mowbray is still here next season then you have to accept it. I've posted my thoughts and feelings clear on here, to local journalist, etc. But will Mowbray still being here as manager next season stop me buying a season ticket next season. No its wont. Just like yourself. Past managers being here didnt stop me from attending games and neither will this manager. I've missed going to watch Rovers play at home for the past 13 months. Havent you? 

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Why on earth would anyone accept something that is detrimental to the football club and even unacceptable?!

Is there anything I can do to get the owners to change their methods? 

Do you any ideas? I'm listening

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Mowbray is still here next season then you have to accept it. I've posted my thoughts and feelings clear on here, to local journalist, etc. But will Mowbray still being here as manager next season stop me buying a season ticket next season. No its wont. Just like yourself. Past managers being here didnt stop me from attending games and neither will this manager. I've missed going to watch Rovers play at home for the past 13 months. Havent you? 

Things can still aggravate you, annoy you, frustrate you, without forcing you to totally stop attending.

There is inconsistencies between your attitude towards the owners and the manager. I cant really understand how any Rovers fan can in any way defend their repeated negligence of our football club, with your particular line of excuses lacking any sort of logic.

So it depends what you mean by accept it. As and when Mowbray stays, it doesnt mean that I will accept it, embrace it, anything like that, ultimately I am aware that sadly there is nothing they can do, they dont give a shit about/are totally ignorant to the wants and the needs of the fans as they have shown consistently not for 1 year but through their whole ownership, but it has frustrated me, does frustrate me and I suspect will continue to frustrate me indefinitely.

If your attitude was consistent across the board, you wouldnt have an opinion on the managerial situation, the players we should sign, the players we should let go, the team selection in every game, the subs we make, the style we play, individual performances, because as with the owners methods, your opinions or my opinions make absolutely zero difference. Yet if you was to be so literal with that attitude, that our opinions make fuck all difference in the grand scheme of things, then there would be no point in having messageboards, and there would be no point bothering to supoort the club or watch football at all!

19 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So it depends what you mean by accept it. As and when Mowbray stays, it doesnt mean that I will accept it, embrace it, anything like that. 

So what will you do? 

Accept that Mowbray remain manager of our club. Just like when other managers were appointed I didn't want or were kept on longer than they should have been. What else can you do? Its doesnt stop you posting on a fan messageboard your opinion but it didn't affect what the club does. Agree?

Yes I wish that Venkys would appoint a CEO with power to appoint/sack the manager or build a football management structure through a Sporting director, head coach, head of recruitment on a budget agree with the CEO and the owners. But it will never happened. 

People have tried talk to communication with the owners like Battersby and Currie, Jack Straw and when John Williams and Tom Finn were here. Even people on here have spoken Pasha directly and given his ideas and fans view. So after 10 years they wont change. None have been listen to. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

So what will you do? 

Accept that Mowbray remain manager of our club. Just like when other managers were appointed I didn't want or were kept on longer than they should have been. What else can you do? Its doesnt stop you posting on a fan messageboard your opinion but it didn't affect what the club does. Agree?

Yes I wish that Venkys would appoint a CEO with power to appoint/sack the manager or build a football management structure through a Sporting director, head coach, head of recruitment on a budget agree with the CEO and the owners. But it will never happened. 

People have tried talk to communication with the owners like Battersby and Currie, Jack Straw and when John Williams and Tom Finn were here. Even people on here have spoken Pasha directly and given his ideas and fans view. So after 10 years they wont change. None have been listen to. 

Absolutely crazy to think that after 10 years of constant decline and failure, they won't change their approach to how the club is run.

It's unforgiveable to be honest.

You don't have to accept Mowbray being here next season chaddy...everyone has choices in how they deal with it.For most supporters there is only so much bull they will take,they have the ability to see the Wood for the Trees so to speak.

Many will not buy season tickets and vote with their feet in protest.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Invisible and Silent Owners.....Kroenke,Lewis,Fenway Sports etc

Oh....we have had that for 10 years! Not just last few weeks and months whilst they luxuriate in European competitions and  in Premier league. 

And furthermore, the Riverside would have got shut of Mowbray in January.

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It’s theoretical I know, but what if Kean was still here and we were now non league. Would you still be attending?

There surely is a tipping point for everyone and knowing how bad and neglectful these owners are, still being here 11 years in, is enough for plenty of hardened Rovers fans. 

I will add to the above that dyed in the wool premier league supporters, has their tipping point a week or so ago & let the owners know in no uncertain terms, that a super league would not be tolerated. We don’t have the desire to gang up on the bastards that own us and drive them firmly out of OUR, club. 

How about if (even the die hards who are going to buy one) nobody bought a ST before the start of the season, people could still go to the first home match and make themselves heard?

23 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

How about if (even the die hards who are going to buy one) nobody bought a ST before the start of the season, people could still go to the first home match and make themselves heard?

It’s a good idea and perhaps, each renewal is sen back with a message. I will renew, once the owners engage with us properly about their intentions and plans for the club. The problem is, some will still renew, regardless. 

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned but at this point I think the most effective thing we can do at the moment is a petition, one which signals the intention for fans not to buy season tickets while Mowbray remains in charge. I don’t think we can wait until next season, that’ll be too late and a crucial summer of rebuild will be ruined my Mowbray. 

We need someone in now! Some who can give the club a new lease of life, offer us new tactics and identity as a footballing side and get the players on side to the extent where they actually want to sign contracts. 

Not sure how many signatures we’ll get but if someone could set one up with a message in regards to our frustrations with the current managerial team, written in a sophisticated manner then it’s at least a start, and gives us fans a platform to state our feelings in relation to free fall are club appears to be in under its mismanagement.

It looks like Swag has spit his dummy out after he failed to get his own way over Brockhall:

I heard on a reliable grapevine that he now won't sanction the new £2 million pitch at Ewood. Looks like we'll have to put up with the usual top surface, pre-season upgrade. Unless we manage to oust them......

Thought Waggott was powerless and it was the owners and/or Pasha that made the decisions? Shouldn’t it therefore be them ‘sanctioning’ the new pitch?

24 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought Waggott was powerless and it was the owners and/or Pasha that made the decisions? Shouldn’t it therefore be them ‘sanctioning’ the new pitch?

It’s certainly them who signs the cheques. Waggott doesn’t have the authority to sign off on £2 million quids worth of expenditure. 

All fans across the country should be inspired by United fans today and protest at every game for the rest of the season.

If Rovers v Birmingham (or any game) had to be postponed, the season can’t finish and an alternative means would have to be found; games played behind closed doors or declared null and void and a draw given as the result? Either way it would be a strong message sent.

The sad fact is there are no longer enough Rovers fans passionate enough about the demise of our club to carry something out like today.

9 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

All fans across the country should be inspired by United fans today and protest at every game for the rest of the season.

If Rovers v Birmingham (or any game) had to be postponed, the season can’t finish and an alternative means would have to be found; games played behind closed doors or declared null and void and a draw given as the result? Either way it would be a strong message sent.

The sad fact is there are no longer enough Rovers fans passionate enough about the demise of our club to carry something out like today.

I disagree, I think there’s a good number of people (many I see on here) who would, but I don’t think anyone wants to step up and co-ordinate it. Which I don’t think is down to anything other than the treatment people who’ve done that in the past received (abuse from fellow fans, Sky, LT etc).

If someone did co-ordinate something, I think the numbers would be higher than expected.

Posted (edited)

Would they be?

With fans back in the ground, I can certainly see TM copping some flak  - as is normal for a manager that is overseeing piss poor results.

But the owners? Think some folk seem to be missing how much opinion on them has changed post League 1. 

If not particularly ‘popular’, they are certainly widely accepted from what I can see, how we’d be Wigan/Bolton/Bury without them, ‘they pump in millions’ etc.

Not a chance any organised protest in 2021 would get off the ground, in my opinion.

Edited by Mattyblue

This is where the problem is. For some supporters, the badly advised line, still resonates. It’s hard to determine, exactly why they carry on owning us, as the original plan backfired. With the global eleven fund & Agent influence, now supposedly gone, what’s still in it for them? 
With what happened yesterday, at Old Trafford, being about Glazers taking money from a money making machine, you can understand it. Rovers have lost money every year, so what on earth are Venky’s up to?