BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Very true always puzzled me , why they wanted Rovers in the first place ..

Even more puzzling to me , 3 years ago we were promoted and an ideal opportuinity to kick on .. 

|But no , they have let Mowbray and Co  just settle for mid table mediocrity , something does not add up..

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Waggy76 said:

Very true always puzzled me , why they wanted Rovers in the first place ..

Even more puzzling to me , 3 years ago we were promoted and an ideal opportuinity to kick on .. 

|But no , they have let Mowbray and Co  just settle for mid table mediocrity , something does not add up..

Especially in the summer after promotion they apparently had to be held back from splashing the cash for a promotion push according to never ending journey ToMo

You would think three seasons later they would  realise 

Edited by perthblue02

Posted (edited)

The only period that I ever had trust in the past 11 years was Gary Bowyer's tenure.

I thought that although GB was far from 'the finished article' in terms of being a manager, I was confident that he had the best interests of BRFC truly at heart.

Then Lambert, a proper manager, even though I didn't think much of his football, came and went. You can only imagine him thinking "I'm not putting up with this shit".

The Burnley and Bolton reject then appears, followed from the same stable by Mowbray and you then think, "Jesus Christ, this must be a conspiracy where the conspirators wear claret and blue"!

If Venkys are serious owners and only want the best for "their baby", namely Blackburn Rovers FC, they HAVE to get the broom out and sweep it clean........it can be done!

Edited by darrenrover

Posted (edited)

This thread has been hijacked by the mediocrity of Mowbray chat!

Is there going to be a protest Saturday or not? Ideal opportunity vs Birmingham and would likely get some media coverage in the current climate. I’m not envisaging any pitch storming going on but something is better than nothing and avoid a complete damp ending to the season. 

Meet at the Jack Walker memorial at 11am! Ideal opportunity to let the players, Mowbray and Venky’s feel the dissatisfaction after an abject season, they’re getting away with it otherwise. 

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

No! I do have a basic grasp of the English language but I don’t think writing letters to Venkys is enough 🤣

Nor do I, let's get that absolutely clear!

There's a touch more to it than that!....

Edited by darrenrover

On 23/04/2021 at 14:18, Madon said:

If we are to do it, we need to make it like a matchday and get people there in numbers. 

My suggestion would be 8th May at home to Birmingham which would be the last game of the season.

Plenty of time to make banners and get the word out. 

If there is a graphic designer among us that can knock something up for social media with the details on that would be good too. 

Like people have said, if we do it and only 30 turn up it will be embarrassing and send out the wrong message. We need at least 1000. 

Right idea 💡 

On 23/04/2021 at 22:14, Miller11 said:

A couple of big questions about any protest.

What is it we would be protesting against?

Mowbray Out - a statement I’m pretty sure most of us agree with. However he’s the tip of the iceberg. He’s also cultivated his working class, nice guy image - so expect condemnation from anyone not associated with the club, and plenty from our own fanbase. What happens then if they do get rid and replace him with Paul Jewell? Then the narrative becomes “there’s no pleasing the protestors”

Venky’s Out - the badly advised narrative even exists on this very thread. “They keep us afloat”, “Who else would buy us?”, “Next Bolton” etc etc. It’s infuriating, but it’s a widely held opinion. I know first hand that the window for any widespread anti-Venky’s protest is gone. It went around Christmas in the league one campaign. By then people who were firmly on board with the protests 6 months earlier had decided Venky’s had learnt their lesson. I don’t know that we will be at tipping point again until we lurch fully into the next disaster (that we are currently on the precipice of in my opinion). Until then, the accusations will range from being spoilt and entitled to being “not a true fan” or a disgrace/cancer to the fanbase 

The general mismanagement of the club - Ultimately this is the one for me. It’s never gone away. There isn’t a quick fix though. A bit of Mowbray out, a bit of Waggott out, a bit of a load of other stuff. How do you put this into a concise message though? I think this has to be something like a boycott... a more attritional form of protest. Don’t expect massive numbers, and I think more will just drift than actively walk away.

The second question is who are we aiming it at?

Venky’s - every approach thus far has failed, from open hostility to slavish sycophancy and everything in between. Direct letters, reasoned debate, legal threats, terrible press, savage mockery... nothing works.

The Board - Utterly incompetent and detached. Waggott clearly feels it’s an us v them situation with the fans and the Brockhall debacle proves it. They have zero attachment to the club. Employees who question Venky’s are quickly relieved of their duties. 

The wider public - “Oh, is it Venky’s out again. Ungrateful, Pandemic, Bolton, Superleague, keeping you afloat etc”. Expect zero interest from any mainstream media outlet. Expect very little interest or support from the local ones.

I get the desire to protest 100%. From a personal point of view, I’m not in favour of massing at the ground bannered up and chanting while we are still under lockdown restrictions. And for all the reasons above I’m not sure what good it would do anyway. 

Needs some thought and discussion.

Venkys Out, Mowbray Out, Greedy Absentee Rich Owners in football OUT

There has never been a better time to jump on this bandwagon, this is now a wider football issue front and centre in the mainstream media after the #GlazersOut Protest in Manchester yesterday 

It’s now or never; I am sure enough support could be generated in 5 days to get 500+ fans protesting at Ewood on Saturday 

Posted (edited)

I think next season having fans back in will probably provide the rocket up the manager he's so badly needed. He won't get away with skulking about at the back of the dugout or sitting comatose on the touchline anymore.  

Certainly not at home games anyway so expect much arm waving and hands on head from him. He'll play to the gallery like he always has so lets hope it transfers to the players alongside some decent fan backing.

If not it won't be long before he feels the heat, the best form of protest at Ewood has always been organic and result driven. Only Kean has bucked that trend so it either improves enough to keep it off or there could be stormy waters ahead.

Edited by tomphil

42 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think next season having fans back in will probably provide the rocket up the manager he's so badly needed. He won't get away with skulking about at the back of the dugout or sitting comatose on the touchline anymore.  

Certainly not at home games anyway so expect much arm waving and hands on head from him. He'll play to the gallery like he always has so lets hope it transfers to the players alongside some decent fan backing.

If not it won't be long before he feels the heat, the best form of protest at Ewood has always been organic and result driven. Only Kean has bucked that trend so it either improves enough to keep it off or there could be stormy waters ahead.

You’re probably right that he will shit himself and walk out when fans get back and he gets the dogs abuse he deserves, however if we get to that point within 3-4 games of the season we are almost through the transfer window if not beyond it, and probably on 0 points based on the calibre of player we are likely to have.

He has to go now, along with his two mates.

1 hour ago, CheshireRover said:

You’re probably right that he will shit himself and walk out when fans get back and he gets the dogs abuse he deserves, however if we get to that point within 3-4 games of the season we are almost through the transfer window if not beyond it, and probably on 0 points based on the calibre of player we are likely to have.

I agree but it seems they are either going with the devil we know or they are still blinded by his bull shit. So it's going to happen anyway but a little bit of pressure or fear factor won't do him any harm imo.

He's crafty and he knows he won't get away with the tripe we've seen and heard for two thirds of this season. He seems under zero pressure at the club and i doubt he knows anymore than the rest of us what the owners really think.  So as always the real jury will cast their verdict next season.

This time though it'll be verbal thumbs up or down not virtual.

1 hour ago, CheshireRover said:

Absolutely correct!

It's imperative that the 3 of them are got shut of ASAP!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Venkys Out, Mowbray Out, Greedy Absentee Rich Owners in football OUT

There has never been a better time to jump on this bandwagon, this is now a wider football issue front and centre in the mainstream media after the #GlazersOut Protest in Manchester yesterday 

It’s now or never; I am sure enough support could be generated in 5 days to get 500+ fans protesting at Ewood on Saturday 

I actually think you’re ahead of the curve here. My prediction is that we are currently on the verge of another Venky disaster and wider unrest amongst Rovers fans will be there by Christmas.

Your hopes of numbers of 500+ I’m afraid to say are wildly optimistic. The rain, Covid and general apathy will mean 10% of that number will be a stretch. When things were utterly hopeless and toxic under Kean, or even when we hurtled towards the third division we struggled to amass those types of numbers. I don’t think there’s anywhere near as widespread unrest as there was then, the dumbing down mission has been effective. 

You are 100% right about there being wider issues, but your choice of words is interesting. I can guarantee you’ll be accused of bandwagon jumping by the detractors within the fan base. Half the people trotting out “the press vilified Rovers fans when we protested” stuff over the last 24 hours are the very same people that took every opportunity to hammer the protesting fans and claim that their non-involvement made them “true supporters”.

Don't think of protests as just massing or marching with banners, chanting. As a fanbase their have been multiple different tactics tried over the last decade:

Protests in and at the ground

Protests at Brockhall

Public meetings

Present & former players & staff speaking out

Aeroplanes

T Shirts

Marches round Ewood

Marches from town

Sit ins

Millions pledged to buy the club

Snowballs

Murals

Red cards

Websites set up

Chickens on the pitch

Delegation to the sports minister

Talks with the Premier League

Songs recorded

Book written

Documentary made

General election candidate fielded

Motorway bridge banners

Leaked documents

Solidarity protests with other clubs

Late walk ons

Walkouts

Boycotts - #NAPM

MPs taking up the cause

Fan appearances on countless TV broadcasts

Articles in countless national publications

International media coverage

Music festival

I think the whole thing needs more thought and dialogue. I’m certainly not knocking you for wanting to do something - if we are at war, then this is one battle and I wish you luck (I won’t be attending til I’ve had my second Covid dose having been on the shielding list for 12 months+).

Edited by Miller11

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I actually think you’re ahead of the curve here. My prediction is that we are currently on the verge of another Venky disaster and wider unrest amongst Rovers fans will be there by Christmas.

Your hopes of numbers of 500+ I’m afraid to say are wildly optimistic. The rain, Covid and general apathy will mean 10% of that number will be a stretch. When things were utterly hopeless and toxic under Kean, or even when we hurtled towards the third division we struggled to amass those types of numbers. I don’t think there’s anywhere near as widespread unrest as their was then, the dumbing down mission has been effective. 

You are 100% right about there being wider issues, but your choice of words is interesting. I can guarantee you’ll be accused of bandwagon jumping by the detractors within the fan base. Half the people trotting out “the press vilified Rovers fans when we protested” stuff over the last 24 hours are the very same people that took every opportunity to hammer the protesting fans and claim that their non-involvement made them “true supporters”.

Don't think of protests as just massing or marching with banners, chanting. As a fanbase their have been multiple different tactics tried over the last decade:

Protests in and at the ground

Protests at Brockhall

Public meetings

Present & former players & staff speaking out

Aeroplanes

T Shirts

Marches round Ewood

Marches from town

Sit ins

Millions pledged to buy the club

Snowballs

Murals

Red cards

Websites set up

Chickens on the pitch

Delegation to the sports minister

Talks with the Premier League

Songs recorded

Book written

Documentary made

General election candidate fielded

Motorway bridge banners

Leaked documents

Solidarity protests with other clubs

Late walk ons

Walkouts

Boycotts - #NAPM

MPs taking up the cause

Fan appearances on countless TV broadcasts

Articles in countless national publications

International media coverage

Music festival

I think the whole thing needs more thought and dialogue. I’m certainly not knocking you for wanting to do something - if we are at war, then this is one battle and I wish you luck (I won’t be attending til I’ve had my second Covid dose having been on the shielding list for 12 months+).

Why I find it impossible to do anything but applaud the united fans. Sometimes extremism is the only way

Posted (edited)

The time is either now or it has already passed.

It would be really interesting to see how the Sky lot would react, or if they would even cover it at all.

As the Sky game yesterday was a bit of an embarrassment given that the pundits were all supporting the protesters and you could almost hear the producers screaming in the background for them to change the narrative towards the violent and hence negative aspect of the whole thing.

Edited by Banzai

As much as I'm all for fans making their voice heard, sadly we all know Venkys couldn't care less what the fans think. Plus, there's only always a minority of fans that protest so it's easy for the club to dismiss it as "the view of a minority of fans". 

It's funny how the media are supportive of poor Man Utd who've only spent 700m since the Glazers took over, whereas when little old clubs like Blackburn protest, who have been dealt a far worse hand than Utd, the media barely give it a minute's air time and give off the general vibe of "who do they think they are anyway". Only now are the likes of Gary Neville calling for a full review of football ownership in this country. 

I don't particularly like Simon Jordan but I agree with him about Gary Neville who he calls a hypocrite. It seems Neville has jumped on the bandwagon against the Glazers despite not saying anything for fifteen years. I might be cynical but doesn't he own the hotel by Old Trafford and have lots of business interests in Manchester so perhaps doesn't want to buck the current trend of the fans by not biting the hand that feeds him.

https://talksport.com/football/875325/simon-jordan-man-united-fan-protests-gary-neville-glazers/

17 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

In fairness to Neville, he has said he should’ve spoken out sooner.

I'm not buying that from Neville at all. He tries to be a populist pundit by saying what he thinks the fans want to hear but on this occasion has shown himself up.

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

Doubt it.

4000 spread around Ewood.

Probably half of them politely clapping us winning a corner.

2010/11 average attendance was £25K. Give or take only the clappers still go down...get behind the lads ffs. 

This thread being largely Mowbray Out but Anti any action, being proof.... Lets just rely on hope that they get rid of him but if they don't never mind we can get tickets to shout a bit...no booing mind.