Probably an unpopular opinion on here however it's no wonder the idea of this protest has been floated by a newly created, anonymous account on Twitter.  Nobody would argue that we need a new manager and the question of the ownership will never be resolved until they decide they want to walk away, however we'll finish the season with more points, than people will turn up.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

My thought after reading the LT article today that 'the club' (not sure who that means precisely...) intend to stick with TM in the summer...petition? A few thousand fans putting their name to a

Posted Images

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think next season having fans back in will probably provide the rocket up the manager he's so badly needed. He won't get away with skulking about at the back of the dugout or sitting comatose on the touchline anymore.  

Certainly not at home games anyway so expect much arm waving and hands on head from him. He'll play to the gallery like he always has so lets hope it transfers to the players alongside some decent fan backing.

If not it won't be long before he feels the heat, the best form of protest at Ewood has always been organic and result driven. Only Kean has bucked that trend so it either improves enough to keep it off or there could be stormy waters ahead.

That's very true but Kean got very lucky against Arsenal at home and a win at Man U against all odds ..Arsenal was very early season would have had a chance of staying up ..

He somehow got a win , when he appeared to be on his way out !!

We can’t even organise a boycott of shirt sales.

Something which would require no effort, no visible presence, no backlash, no cost, no time. It even saves people money.

If we can’t even manage that in numbers then we have nothing. I’m not even sure what we are fighting for at this point? Even saying this stuff gets a response of “you can’t don’t tell me what to do”!

Mowbray out?

Waggott out?

Both?

Venkys out!

All three?

I’d just like to see us being run like every other club. Where results on the pitch are important and managers are hired and fired according to industry norms. I don’t want us to be a special case where results don’t matter and faux-stability is the aim. Where just because some millionaire football manager comes across as a nice guy he gets to carry on taking the mick out of fans and topping up his pension pot, while making the same mistakes every other week.

They should have gone ahead with the super league idea because football is dead.

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The responses to this show the likelihood of any protest.

The amount of venkys in propaganda is enough to turn your stomach.

Screenshot_20210503-193652_Twitter.jpg

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but from a purely logistical point of view, you can't even access the area around Jack's statue at the moment can you?

If any protest was to be aimed solely at the immediate removal of the Coventrio I'd be there like a shot.

If the aim is to demonstrate against the owners then personally I couldn't give that unqualified support as as was the case eight or nine years ago I wouldn't be completely comfortable lobbying for the removal of multi billionaire owners in favour of people without a pot to piss in in relative terms.

I wish anyone luck who does attend on Saturday though. The last ten years have been grim and something needs to change, we can't carry on like we have been doing.

5 minutes reading twitter and I decided I really don't want to be associated with all these plastic keyboard clappers who think Venkys and Mowbray are doing great.

I hope Waggott puts their season tickets up to £700

Don't know who created the Twitter account but it just shows the difference of opinion on here to general social media.

95% of supports want Mowbray Out, only <5% would be willing to do something about it. It's a shame but I think the last ten years has just zapped most fans of any passion whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Madon said:

Don't know who created the Twitter account but it just shows the difference of opinion on here to general social media.

95% of supports want Mowbray Out, only <5% would be willing to do something about it. It's a shame but I think the last ten years has just zapped most fans of any passion whatsoever. 

I think it’s also worth recognising that its  also a dead-rubber, BCD game, at the end of the season, in the midst of a pandemic.

Said it before in this thread, season ticket sales will be the acid test of supporter mood. 

1 hour ago, Madon said:

I created the Twitter account...largely to gauge the level of support for a protest. It seems the level of interest on Twitter at least doesn’t match here.

What is worrying is what appears the level of apathy towards our current situation vs where we were as a club in 2010. Venky’s have been a failure as owners on every level and the fact Mowbray is still in a job says it all after the terrible run of form we’ve been on. Yet there’s still a faction that believe the propaganda coming out of the club.

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but from a purely logistical point of view, you can't even access the area around Jack's statue at the moment can you?

If any protest was to be aimed solely at the immediate removal of the Coventrio I'd be there like a shot.

If the aim is to demonstrate against the owners then personally I couldn't give that unqualified support as as was the case eight or nine years ago I wouldn't be completely comfortable lobbying for the removal of multi billionaire owners in favour of people without a pot to piss in in relative terms.

I wish anyone luck who does attend on Saturday though. The last ten years have been grim and something needs to change, we can't carry on like we have been doing.

Where would be a better location?

The protest would be against the Coventrio and for Venkys to put the club up for sale. I couldn’t care less if they are worth billions, they’ve ripped the heart and soul out of our club and need to go.

20 minutes ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

Where would be a better location?

The protest would be against the Coventrio and for Venkys to put the club up for sale. I couldn’t care less if they are worth billions, they’ve ripped the heart and soul out of our club and need to go.

But most fans no longer agree, that’s the issue in getting anything off the ground.

9 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

But Rev, these are the same owners that allow the Coventrio to remain in position, the same owners that seemingly endorsed the plan to sell Brockhall and consistently refuse to communicate with the fans or even acknowledge their existence.  

They are not good for Rovers in any way. It seemingly doesn't matter how much money they have, it hasn't helped at all for a decade I don't think that will ever change. 

Venky's out - Reclaim the Rovers

I don't post here but do read the boards and twitter and want to add that I would be there on Saturday if a protest is on. Even if just 100 fans with a message of 'Thanks Tony but time to go' or 'Liability on the club'. If nothing else surely the local journalists would have to ask Tony about it and he'd get a taste of how the fans feel.

ManU supporters showed the way at the weekend and Rovers fans in the 1970s understood it

There is only one way to protest

Get on the pitch

I will be there Saturday.

I won't use what others might think or say about me as an excuse.

If there is 10 of us then 10 it is.

What % of Manure fans turned out ? Should they have not bothered because of the opinion of their armchair masses or social media scorn ?

I dont mind people choosing to protest or choosing not to protest, its the way that such an idea has been received that doesnt sit right.

Firstly, both with the potential protest itself and the comments, the focus is in my opinion wrong. Mowbray needs to go, that is obvious, but again our problem is the continued negligence from the owners and the fact that our managers have never been judged on results; the key is the priorities of those within the club at the time, for example at the moment, Waggott wont advise to get rid of his mate. The owners are and have always been the problem.

Some of the sarcastic replies and moreso the defence of the owners and the constant comparisons to Bury etc are sick inducing.

55 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

ManU supporters showed the way at the weekend and Rovers fans in the 1970s understood it

There is only one way to protest

Get on the pitch

I agree, but if you think back to the Wigan game when we got relegated, some fans went onto the pitch at the end in relatively small numbers - you'd think the shit storm would have been a bit more volatile then but it wasn't.

On the flipside fans were happy to enter the pitch in much bigger numbers vs Oxford for some pretty shambolic celebrations in the league 1 promotion season.

Our hardcore supporters aren't particularly passionate or partisan but can be known to shout GET INTO EM a bit louder on occasion, the element that were on the pitch against Oxford sadly won't even care enough about the misfortunes of the club right now........

Half tongue in cheek but:

The vast majority of our passionate supporters, who want to really vent their spleen at coventrio, would struggle to climb over the perimeter wall, never mind run onto the pitch!...It's an age thing you know!

At this juncture, if it's "coventrio out!" I'll be at Ewood on Saturday. If it's "Venkys out", I won't be.

That situation is also subject to change.

WE ARE The Rovers!!

With regard to ownership, there are too many Rovers fans who firmly believe that if Venkys walked away Rovers would cease to exist and go the same way as Bury.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, bazza said:

With regard to ownership, there are too many Rovers fans who firmly believe that if Venkys walked away Rovers would cease to exist and go the same way as Bury.

I don't believe that bazza but agree, some do.

For me, it's worth one last chuck of the dice but with a 'googly' as opposed to a regular 'off break', which has never worked previously.

Hopefully we can entice them down the wicket!....

Edited by darrenrover
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, bazza said:

The same two lines are always trotted out by the Venky's defenders and neither are true. The first is that they were badly advised and have leant their lessons. And then the second one is that without them we'd be Bury.

Edited by Ewood Ace
16 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I don't believe that bazza but agree, some do.

For me, it's worth one last chuck of the dice but with a 'googly' as opposed to a regular 'off break', which has never worked previously.

Hopefully we can entice them down the wicket!....

Definitely worth a try. Out of interest what is the timescale?

I think by Christmas we might be in a really worrying position if things don’t change.