7 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

5 minutes reading twitter and I decided I really don't want to be associated with all these plastic keyboard clappers who think Venkys and Mowbray are doing great.

I hope Waggott puts their season tickets up to £700

They are either totally ignorant of what has/still is going on or they are Burnley fans.

NO supporter of this Club can condone what is happening on and off the field of play.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

My thought after reading the LT article today that 'the club' (not sure who that means precisely...) intend to stick with TM in the summer...petition? A few thousand fans putting their name to a

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Definitely worth a try. Out of interest what is the timescale?

I think by Christmas we might be in a really worrying position if things don’t change.

I think we're in the shit now unless these 3 are ousted.

Can't wait until Christmas.

I'll PM you later.

I think the big fear that a lot have when it comes to Venky's, is this imaginary debt. it shows on the accounts as circa £200 million and perhaps people think, that this has to be found, in order for Venky's to pack their things and FOH.

In reality, once they decide they have had enough, that will have to be written off, as they ride off into the sunset.

They know they will not get their money back, no matter what, hence the continuing bewilderment as to why they remain.

I spent (wasted) a good chunk of my bank holiday arguing with 2 vehemently pro-Venky’s clowns claiming that they are interested as they wouldn’t just waste £15m a year on something they weren’t interested in. I gave a number of examples of how they aren’t, to which I was told ‘we can’t get better’, when I pointed out Wayne Wild/Seneca’s offers, they then proceeded to tell me that if it was up to them Jeff Bezos would own the club.

They really live in cloud cuckoo land, it’s ridiculously frustrating & I can see people with their attitudes clashing with other, much more realistic fans from August onwards. The ‘dark days’ are coming back, quickly.

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

I think the big fear that a lot have when it comes to Venky's, is this imaginary debt. it shows on the accounts as circa £200 million and perhaps people think, that this has to be found, in order for Venky's to pack their things and FOH.

In reality, once they decide they have had enough, that will have to be written off, as they ride off into the sunset.

They know they will not get their money back, no matter what, hence the continuing bewilderment as to why they remain.

Venkys may well want rather more back on a sale than might seem likely to any of us.

More particularly the club continues to haemorrhage cash. Venkys London filing history shows that between February 2019 and February 2021 the share capital increased from £163,608,231 to £197,071,219 - an increase of just under £34m in 2 years. Some of that will arise from plugging the hole left by Covid but I think the concern that people have regarding the departure of Venkys will be the fear that it will not be possible to find a purchaser prepared to fund the club on this sort of scale and that any sale will inevitably result in very significant cost cutting.

5 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Venkys may well want rather more back on a sale than might seem likely to any of us.

More particularly the club continues to haemorrhage cash. Venkys London filing history shows that between February 2019 and February 2021 the share capital increased from £163,608,231 to £197,071,219 - an increase of just under £34m in 2 years. Some of that will arise from plugging the hole left by Covid but I think the concern that people have regarding the departure of Venkys will be the fear that it will not be possible to find a purchaser prepared to fund the club on this sort of scale and that any sale will inevitably result in very significant cost cutting.

It’s come to a point now where you have to say ‘so be it’ has it not?

If the current structure remains we are on a one way ‘journey’, probably without a Grade 1 academy.

Cost cutting under new, honest ownership is the least of our worries to be honest.

5 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

It’s come to a point now where you have to say ‘so be it’ has it not?

If the current structure remains we are on a one way ‘journey’, probably without a Grade 1 academy.

Cost cutting under new, honest ownership is the least of our worries to be honest.

Exactly might thoughts and no matter how much Venky's may want, when the well is dry, it is dry.

The sooner they go and let someone come in who cares and communicates the better.

This simply cannot carry on.

15 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

There will no be anyone to fund this club at this level and lets face it, if these lot carry on, they will be owed another £34 million in 2 more years, as they have never changed what they do. So where does this all end?

14 minutes ago, lraC said:

Exactly might thoughts and no matter how much Venky's may want, when the well is dry, it is dry.

The sooner they go and let someone come in who cares and communicates the better.

This simply cannot carry on.

Spot on. If they want £200m covering now, they’ll want £235m covering 2 years down the line. Then they’ll want £270m. Imagine pissing away a quarter of a billion and (potentially) being in League 2, if not lower.

47 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

I spent (wasted) a good chunk of my bank holiday arguing with 2 vehemently pro-Venky’s clowns claiming that they are interested as they wouldn’t just waste £15m a year on something they weren’t interested in. I gave a number of examples of how they aren’t, to which I was told ‘we can’t get better’, when I pointed out Wayne Wild/Seneca’s offers, they then proceeded to tell me that if it was up to them Jeff Bezos would own the club.

They really live in cloud cuckoo land, it’s ridiculously frustrating & I can see people with their attitudes clashing with other, much more realistic fans from August onwards. The ‘dark days’ are coming back, quickly.

What people like that don't realise, is that we are one further piece of bad advice and we are in for another season in league one. The one season though, won't be because of the immediate promotion, as it is more likely to result in an exit out of the other end. 

For those who bang the drum of the badly advised and they have now learned their lessons, when did that happen? Was it after appointing and sacking Coyle, as so far as I am concerned, trying to sell the training ground and keeping Mowbray and his mates in situ, is up there with the rest.

Perhaps they are now making their own decisions though and are badly advising themselves!!!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CheshireRover said:

Imagine pissing away a quarter of a billion and (potentially) being in League 2, if not lower.

And these bellends purport to be business people?🤡

Nothing was right about their acquisition of Rovers...ten years of expensive disaster and none of us are any the wiser.

This is not the Blackburn Rovers we all grew up with,it's just a cold Heartless Shell right now.Everything feels distant,Cloak and Dagger..bleak.

Rest assured,all Roads lead back to Pune in this shit show.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

The puzzle for me, has been and still is......

If you are prepared to lavish the amount of cash on the club that Venkys have, why not ensure that the custodians in situ, maximise the potential of that cash to the benefit of BRFC?

Further, what initiatives are in place to significantly increase revenue streams and to what extent? 

What are the aims and where's the plan and measures that should be in place in order to achieve said aims?

For me (youngsters may not get this), it's all been like a 'sick/sad' John Cleese management training video, highlighting what not to do!

It's got to change, ideally with their considerable brass to assist the process!.....it CAN be done!!!

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

The puzzle for me, has been and still is......

If you are prepared to lavish the amount of cash on the club that Venkys have, why not ensure that the custodians in situ, maximise the potential of that cash to the benefit of BRFC?

Further, what initiatives are in place to significantly increase revenue streams and to what extent? 

What are the aims and where's the plan and measures that should be in place in order to achieve said aims?

For me (youngsters may not get this), it's all been like a 'sick/sad' John Cleese management training video, highlighting what not to do!

It's got to change, ideally with their considerable brass to assist the process!.....it CAN be done!!!

They were promised great success by spiv's and charlatans, who asset stripped and took them for a ride. What do billionaire Indian owners know about football? Well, the square root of fuck all it seems.

When they eventually realised the dark lord and twat faced dog owner were fleecing them, what did they do, imposed Singh on us......

We are now a vanity (sic) project, can't be seen to lose face, despite what we, the common fans think.

They are insulated, 5,000 miles away, no scrutiny, no pressure, from fans or media.

We are just a loss on the balance sheet. If they wanted to change things, they could. They choose not to, as we've cost them enough already. Repeat and keep rinsing?

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
38 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

They were promised great success by spiv's and charlatans, who asset stripped and took them for a ride. What do billionaire Indian owners know about football? Well, the square root of fuck all it seems.

When they eventually realised the dark lord and twat faced dog owner were fleecing them, what did they do, imposed Singh on us......

We are now a vanity (sic) project, can't be seen to lose face, despite what we, the common fans think.

They are insulated, 5,000 miles away, no scrutiny, no pressure, from fans or media.

We are just a loss on the balance sheet. If they wanted to change things, they could. They choose not to, as we've cost them enough already. Repeat and keep rinsing?

Could be spot on there, but who knows with these loons?

Posted (edited)

The results of the poll are in, only 11/34 Twitter users are in favour of a protest 🪧 

I’ve started a new poll asking if they’d be happy with the owners if Armstrong is sold and season ticket prices are raised.

The thing that gets me is if there’s no protest at the weekend, Mowbray and the Coventrio have completely got away with an awful season with no accountability to the fans. They’ll be allowed another transfer window where we’ll likely lose our two best players (Armstrong & Elliott) and it’s impossible to replace this amount of goals and assists without spending cash we don’t have. We’ll be staring relegation to League 1 again in the face by Christmas (with Ewood likely 1/6 empty of 5000 Happy Clappers) if TM doesn’t change his possession based approach and “recruitment” doesn’t go well 😕

C1319824-EC50-41D2-9744-A9123BD281DE.jpeg

Edited by DuffsLeftPeg
2 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The thing that gets me is if there’s no protest at the weekend, Mowbray and the Coventrio have completely got away with an awful season with no accountability to the fans. They’ll be allowed another transfer window where we’ll likely lose our two best players (Armstrong & Elliott) and it’s impossible to replace this amount of goals and assists without spending cash we don’t have. We’ll be staring relegation to League 1 again in the face by Christmas (with Ewood likely 1/6 empty of 5000 Happy Clappers) if TM doesn’t change his possession based approach and “recruitment” doesn’t go well 😕

Your anger and concerns I believe are entirely justified, but the bit I am struggling with is what do you realistically expect a protest on Saturday to achieve ?
It’s a dead-rubber, BCD game in the middle of a pandemic with little or no media coverage.

Isn’t a more effective way to protest at the moment via the wallet ? i.e. Something that Waggott would have to explain to Pune ?

13 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Your anger and concerns I believe are entirely justified, but the bit I am struggling with is what do you realistically expect a protest on Saturday to achieve ?
It’s a dead-rubber, BCD game in the middle of a pandemic with little or no media coverage.

Isn’t a more effective way to protest at the moment via the wallet ? i.e. Something that Waggott would have to explain to Pune ?

Spending nothing at all (or very little) would make a real statement and would be impossible for Waggott to spin. I understand that some fans will want to buy season tickets but if I get one (I'm undecided at the moment) it will be on the last day possible. Similarly merchandise should be boycotted - just imagine the impact of a delivery of new kit with a fanfare launch and nobody buys any. Sponsorship should be held back too. I personally don't know any sponsors but if anybody has any influence this could help. 

Doing this is no real hardship for anybody and could have an impact that protests don't have.

52 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

A thousand voices plus venting their spleen for 2 hours outside Ewood is the biggest statement of all.

Did United fans say "we'll not buy a shirt or two, that'll show 'em"?....did they fuck!

Come on people, grow a pair and get real!!!

3 hours ago, DuffsLeftPeg said:

The results of the poll are in, only 11/34 Twitter users are in favour of a protest 🪧 

I’ve started a new poll asking if they’d be happy with the owners if Armstrong is sold and season ticket prices are raised.

However these polls ban out does not detract from the excellent work that you are doing on SM to counter what appears to be, to me anyway, an orchestrated, by the Club, pro Mowbray-Coventrio stance.

Despite Mowbrays blatant lie about not being interested in the table fact is the table, points and performance don't lie.

He's taking us down further in our hopes with each passing day.

4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

However these polls ban out does not detract from the excellent work that you are doing on SM to counter what appears to be, to me anyway, an orchestrated, by the Club, pro Mowbray-Coventrio stance.

Despite Mowbrays blatant lie about not being interested in the table fact is the table, points and performance don't lie.

He's taking us down further in our hopes with each passing day.

I don't do twitter and have no intentions of doing so either, so thanks for the update and please crack on duffers left peg.

“We’ve won The Cup 3 times on the run,

Champions of Division 1,

Now we’re in The Champ but up we come,

We are THE Blackburn Rovers!”

Come on!!......

1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

A thousand voices plus venting their spleen for 2 hours outside Ewood is the biggest statement of all.

Did United fans say "we'll not buy a shirt or two, that'll show 'em"?....did they fuck!

Come on people, grow a pair and get real!!!

In this context what precisely does “grow a pair” mean ?

Ignore the risks of a pandemic ?

Risk acquiring a criminal record by committing criminal damage /assault (as some Utd fans did) ?

…& that will make our owners sack the manager ? 

The logic doesn’t bear scrutiny….IMO of course.

On 04/05/2021 at 15:41, Mashed Potatoes said:

We just don't know the answer to this though. It is an assumption that there is nobody out there that would step into the void Venkys would leave behind.

On paper nobody in the world would buy a Championship football club, ever. It is a money pit with no guarantee of success. Virtually everyone loses money by the bucketload every year and will do as long as they don't get promoted. Yet the buyers queue up to get involved with it. Since we joined the Championship in 2012 I count about 15 takeovers in this league.

When all is said and done we don't need funding to the level Venkys are providing. Of course it would be lovely if the next owners were willing and able to chuck £20 million a year in for little in return, because at that sort of level we should be able to get out of this league and outperform clubs like Preston and Luton. But even without £20 million a year this club could exist at this level with shrewd management for much less than it costs at present.

It's a vicious circle of death under Venkys - people credit or at least feel we are completely reliant on them for pumping in the cash they do, yet it is precisely because of Venkys, their continuing mismanagement and neglect that losses are so high and we are so reliant on them becase of it.

Why/how can clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Luton and Millwall all outperform us every year with losses well under half of ours? Why can't we do the same?

Consistent neglect of important departments of a football club mean we become more and more reliant on Venkys. No commercial director. Weary commercial efforts. Dire ticketing policies. Address these areas with any competence and ambition and the picture gets better.

No single element of the club has improved in 11 years under these charlatans and it won't do.

Shame because they clearly have money and in an ideal world they would use it to better the club and we could progress. Other clubs look enviously at the wages and money spent here and the ability they have to resist interest in our better players.

But they've learned nothing and it continues to harm us. Time to go and let us get on with our lives.

38 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

In this context what precisely does “grow a pair” mean ?

Ignore the risks of a pandemic ?

Risk acquiring a criminal record by committing criminal damage /assault (as some Utd fans did) ?

…& that will make our owners sack the manager ? 

The logic doesn’t bear scrutiny….IMO of course.

Always a can’t do attitude Ian, seldom, if ever, one of can do, why could that possibly be?....