1 hour ago, darrenrover said:

A thousand voices plus venting their spleen for 2 hours outside Ewood is the biggest statement of all.

Did United fans say "we'll not buy a shirt or two, that'll show 'em"?....did they fuck!

Come on people, grow a pair and get real!!!

I saw quite a few United fans interviewed who said they wouldn't buy merchandise, subscribe to MUTV or anything else United related. A lot of their fan group leaders are also endorsing this. I actually heard this live and this bloke has decided not to renew his and his families season tickets:

https://talksport.com/football/875145/manchester-united-protest-fans-supporters-glazers-out/

Summer is the time when clubs like Rovers take the bulk of their income through season tickets and new shirt/kit sales. Starving them of this would hit them hard and attract negative publicity.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Point of order: we’ve been in the third division for two spells (5 years total, including 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes) in our entire 132 year history of league football. (Less than 4%). Jack took

All credit to the United fans today protesting against the Glazers, thats the way to make a statement, every news outlet around the globe will carry that story, a real protest.  We missed our cha

Just a few off the top of my head who have tried to work with Venky’s... John Williams - in situ when they took over, widely regarded as one of the best in the business, assured he would be allow

Posted Images

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I saw quite a few United fans interviewed who said they wouldn't buy merchandise, subscribe to MUTV or anything else United related. A lot of their fan group leaders are also endorsing this. I actually heard this live and this bloke has decided not to renew his and his families season tickets:

https://talksport.com/football/875145/manchester-united-protest-fans-supporters-glazers-out/

Summer is the time when clubs like Rovers take the bulk of their income through season tickets and new shirt/kit sales. Starving them of this would hit them hard and attract negative publicity.

I don’t disagree Tony but in a financial context, it’s ‘beer money’. You know full well what really needs to happen.

1 minute ago, darrenrover said:

Always a can’t do attitude Ian, seldom, if ever, one of can do, why could that possibly be?....

Based on your details you will be in the USA at the time when you are demanding that others "grow a pair". At least the World War 1 generals were only 20 miles behind the lines...........

There is very heavy rain forecast in Blackburn for Saturday morning and afternoon.

37 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Why/how can clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Luton and Millwall all outperform us every year with losses well under half of ours? Why can't we do the same?

Because Venkys appoint managers that they warm to on a personal level, and that's all that counts.

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We just don't know the answer to this though. It is an assumption that there is nobody out there that would step into the void Venkys would leave behind.

On paper nobody in the world would buy a Championship football club, ever. It is a money pit with no guarantee of success. Virtually everyone loses money by the bucketload every year and will do as long as they don't get promoted. Yet the buyers queue up to get involved with it. Since we joined the Championship in 2012 I count about 15 takeovers in this league.

When all is said and done we don't need funding to the level Venkys are providing. Of course it would be lovely if the next owners were willing and able to chuck £20 million a year in for little in return, because at that sort of level we should be able to get out of this league and outperform clubs like Preston and Luton. But even without £20 million a year this club could exist at this level with shrewd management for much less than it costs at present.

It's a vicious circle of death under Venkys - people credit or at least feel we are completely reliant on them for pumping in the cash they do, yet it is precisely because of Venkys, their continuing mismanagement and neglect that losses are so high and we are so reliant on them becase of it.

Why/how can clubs like Preston, Barnsley, Luton and Millwall all outperform us every year with losses well under half of ours? Why can't we do the same?

Consistent neglect of important departments of a football club mean we become more and more reliant on Venkys. No commercial director. Weary commercial efforts. Dire ticketing policies. Address these areas with any competence and ambition and the picture gets better.

No single element of the club has improved in 11 years under these charlatans and it won't do.

Shame because they clearly have money and in an ideal world they would use it to better the club and we could progress. Other clubs look enviously at the wages and money spent here and the ability they have to resist interest in our better players.

But they've learned nothing and it continues to harm us. Time to go and let us get on with our lives.

This is where the biggest miss conception is. Paying silly money (even on loan fees) and putting someone in charge, who is incompetent, is a lot less attractive than paying average money to players and getting a good manager in, who gets a tune out of them. 

9 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I don’t disagree Tony but in a financial context, it’s ‘beer money’. You know full well what really needs to happen.

In the Kean years the verbal protests simply didn't work and to be honest I was disappointed at the apathy shown by the majority of fans towards us. Verbal and in some cases physical threats were meted out and I witnessed some of this first hand. I accepted then that generally speaking Rovers fans aren't the protesting types with many preferring to watch the game and go home and put up with all the nonsense.

I said earlier this week that the United fans got it right by getting in to the ground. Had that been peaceful with perhaps a sit down protest on the pitch it would have been perfect in my view and if we could do similar I would bet involved. It wouldn't take thousands to do it and although I'm not condoning breaking the law it would be far more radical than standing outside chanting.

12 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Based on your details you will be in the USA at the time when you are demanding that others "grow a pair". At least the World War 1 generals were only 20 miles behind the lines...........

There is very heavy rain forecast in Blackburn for Saturday morning and afternoon.

I respectfully suggest that you check your facts regarding my potential travel arrangements!

Don’t take things personal because it wasn’t, unless you choose to make it so.

My general comment regarding bollocks stands, irrespective.

Everyone knows if they look in the mirror whether ‘the cap fits’ or it doesn’t!

I come from an era where I was always  proud to be a Rover, win, lose or draw. For 11 years, I haven’t been but never say never, I want that feeling back!

• Moderation Lead
35 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Always a can’t do attitude Ian, seldom, if ever, one of can do, why could that possibly be?....

It would probably help if you were a bit more direct and didn’t talk in riddles tbh.

No issue with your passion or enthusiasm, but, the earlier request for more ‘meat on the bones’ was definitely a fair one.

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I respectfully suggest that you check your facts regarding my potential travel arrangements!

Don’t take things personal because it wasn’t, unless you choose to make it so.

My general comment regarding bollocks stands, irrespective.

Everyone knows if they look in the mirror whether ‘the cap fits’ or it doesn’t!

I come from an era where I was always  proud to be a Rover, win, lose or draw. For 11 years, I haven’t been but never say never, I want that feeling back!

Have you spoken to Balaji directly or even Pasha who runs Balaji's business interests? 

1 minute ago, K-Hod said:

It would probably help if you were a bit more direct and didn’t talk in riddles tbh.

No issue with your passion or enthusiasm, but, the earlier request for more ‘meat on the bones’ was definitely a fair one.

You’re kidding right?

Ever played poker? If you have you were probably fleeced!
It was a tongue in cheek, rhetorical question from Sparks: both he and I knew it and I appreciate and respect his knowledge and cheek!

Time for you all to jump off the pot boys and show your true colours. I’m more than doing my bit, even though I don’t really have the time to do so. 

I’ll see how much you are all bothered or not early afternoon Saturday. I hope I’m not disappointed! 

That’s me done on here until next week, I’ve other ‘pots to wash’!

WATR!!!

13 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

WATR!!!

Surely you mean WATER?

Fans engagement table for 2019-20 season has been released. Somhow we are 41 out of 92. Granted it is for last season suspect this next one will have a position below this.

Interesting (and stomach churning) listening to the coverage of the United fans’ complaints about their owners. (The ones funding success and currently having them second in the division).

But the fans’ tactics are being lauded by the media: talking about who their sponsors are and boycotting their products. 🤔

Anyone got a pre-order in for next seasons shirt yet? Maybe just send Waggott a check for £70 and make up the difference later.

You cannot correlate 2011 to 2021, the 2 are linked but they are not.

In 2011, I for one didn't know that Kean was a snake, nor did I know the involvement of the 'Sky induced' blubbering tantric dancer!....I was taken in by what could be and I still kick myself even now!

10 years on, it's different and experience, knowledge and extensive investigation, suggests that 'the stench' still remains and is perhaps more prevalent than it's ever been!

If you are a true Rovers fan, don't hide behind a keyboard, listen to the bullshit spouted by 'drone pilots' also hiding behind keyboards, don't say "fuck all happened 10 years ago, why bother now".....

Get to Ewood 1pm Saturday! and I'll now jump off my soap box!

WE ARE The Rovers!!!

4 hours ago, darrenrover said:

You’re kidding right?

Ever played poker? If you have you were probably fleeced!
It was a tongue in cheek, rhetorical question from Sparks: both he and I knew it and I appreciate and respect his knowledge and cheek!

Time for you all to jump off the pot boys and show your true colours. I’m more than doing my bit, even though I don’t really have the time to do so. 

I’ll see how much you are all bothered or not early afternoon Saturday. I hope I’m not disappointed! 

WATR!!!

Give over man...the only thing you will be doing Saturday afternoon is slumped over the bar in the Craven Heifer blowing bubbles!!

😆

I preach The Rovers gospel, worldwide...wherever I go....I'm proud of doing so.

In 2015, prior to our FA Cup Tie with Liverpool, this was the level of support from Carsac, the small village in South West France where my wife and I lived.

FFS, surely Blackburn and Darwen have enough spunk and interest to ensure that there are vast, socially distanced, numbers for some form of protest against coventrio for the last game of the season against 'Big Club'!?

IMG_0148.JPG

1 minute ago, A Northern Horde... said:

Give over man...the only thing you will be doing Saturday afternoon is slumped over the bar in the Craven Heifer blowing bubbles!!

😆

I won't be drawn mate but shame on you!

Darren, do you have concrete plans afoot to instigate a regime change in terms of the running operations at Ewood?

I'm a tad 'confused' as you seem to hint about things happening in the background that you are working on etc without ever going into much detail.

I'm curious.

it would be pointless turning up at 1PM the game kicks of at half 12 turning up at 1 nobody would be paying any attention when the game is nearly half way through already.  if anything is happening needs to be 10 half 10 onwards

2 hours ago, pedrob2014 said:

it would be pointless turning up at 1PM the game kicks of at half 12 turning up at 1 nobody would be paying any attention when the game is nearly half way through already.  if anything is happening needs to be 10 half 10 onwards

10AM meet? Location so I can update the Twitter Account? 🐔🥀

The best place i would think would be corner of Jack Walker and Darwen End more room to remain socially distanced (so cant be held against you) any media that maybe present the vans usually use the car park in that corner