BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine we won’t be far away as the 2,500 that bought one this season will presumably sign up as they will be offered a heavily discounted price  (that’s if Waggott doesn’t find a way to weasel out of it) and I can certainly see another 1,500 buying one on top of that.

Though 4,000 would still be a calamitous 50 %+ drop on the last normal season and would see us back to mid 80s levels.

Time will tell.

I dont think that it is fair that chaddy is made to feel guilty in any way for wanting to buy a season ticket, even if that implies a certain degree of support or indeed lack of opposition towards Mowbray being manager etc.

As an aside, I would be totally against the idea of any red tape post June 21st. Assuming all goes to plan, we cant be expected to just live under such rules forever/indefinitely. Surely the purpose of the vaccines is to get back to normality. I appreciate that the risk of covid may never be totally eliminated but you have to be practical at the same time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

None of us can individually. But collectively we could make a statement.

Sadly that’s not how most Rovers fans think...

What statement do you want to make? 

Stuart, if you don't want to renew/get a season ticket, no issues for me and I fully understand but every fan will make their decisions on their views and what kind of normality they want to get back to

Given that for the past 13 months we have lived under some form restrictions where we have limited our social contact with friends or family, or unable to attend football games with friends or family or even go to the pub for a meal or drink with friends. Now these restrictions have lifted somewhat I can't wait to get back to Ewood Park to support the team with my step daughter and friends. Just like I am looking forward to going out for a meal with few drinks next Saturday evening with my missus and best friend and his missus. Get back to some form of normal life after being on lockdown for months. 

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

What you will actually be supporting is a parasite infested carcass.

I will supporting my club I have supported all my lifetime. I'm not going to stop going cos of the manager who I want replacing. I didn't want Ince to become manager when he did get the job, having Kean and Coyle didn't stop me going either. 

If you don't want a ST then thats fine with me. I have no issues with your choice but please don't start trying me feel guilty at all cos I don't or won't 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think that it is fair that chaddy is made to feel guilty in any way for wanting to buy a season ticket, even if that implies a certain degree of support or indeed lack of opposition towards Mowbray being manager etc.

As an aside, I would be totally against the idea of any red tape post June 21st. Assuming all goes to plan, we cant be expected to just live under such rules forever/indefinitely. Surely the purpose of the vaccines is to get back to normality. I appreciate that the risk of covid may never be totally eliminated but you have to be practical at the same time.

They don't make me feel guilty at all. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:
2 hours ago, martonrover said:

What you will actually be supporting is a parasite infested carcass.

I will supporting my club I have supported all my lifetime. I'm not going to stop going cos of the manager who I want replacing. I didn't want Ince to become manager when he did get the job, having Kean and Coyle didn't stop me going either. 

If you don't want a ST then thats fine with me. I have no issues with your choice but please don't start trying me feel guilty at all cos I don't or won't 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

As you know full well, the issues run much deeper than the current manager. I’ve also supported the club all my life, but this is not that club anymore as far as I’m concerned.

Hopefully, one day the ownership will change and I (and many others) will feel a connection again.

I’m not trying to make you feel guilty. If you want to pay good money to be constantly let down, that’s up to you. I couldn’t care less.

6 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Are you saying they should ignore the performance of their businesses because of Covid?

This is what i was going to say, unless it is affecting them personally as a family beyond just being restricted i don't think it is in anyway a valid excuse.

The wheels of all their businesses have to keep turning and will and the football club should be no different. It's offering them more excuses to just ignore it or just write cheque's for the latest set of under performers to run it. Money is still flying through the pipes and making others rich whilst the product suffers further.

No excuse at all in fact being restricted should give them more time to concentrate on it and sort it out. The pandemic is affecting the suburbs of India horrendously but like everything else over there the wealthy will remain detached and probably better protected from it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, martonrover said:

As you know full well, the issues run much deeper than the current manager. I’ve also supported the club all my life, but this is not that club anymore as far as I’m concerned.

Hopefully, one day the ownership will change and I (and many others) will feel a connection again.

I’m not trying to make you feel guilty. If you want to pay good money to be constantly let down, that’s up to you. I couldn’t care less.

Yes I think know what your issues are. 

I never thought you were trying to make me guilty at all. 

I don't feel let down tho. after the past 12 months I want to get back to kind of normality and getting back to supporting Rovers inside Ewood Park is one of those things

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I think know what your issues are. 

I never thought you were trying to make me guilty at all. 

I don't feel let down tho. after the past 12 months I want to get back to kind of normality and getting back to supporting Rovers inside Ewood Park is one of those things

They are not “my” issues and if you don’t feel let down by the way the club is being run I am truly amazed.

You will be sat watching garbage in an a near empty stadium with zero atmosphere.

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

if you don’t feel let down by the way the club is being run I am truly amazed.

do I really have any control how the club is run? 

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

You will be sat watching garbage in an a near empty stadium with zero atmosphere

Oh well. 

We have no idea how much season tickets will be or whether fans will go next season. Who knows. I rather watch and support my team inside a stadium than watch a stream or tv screen. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I imagine we won’t be far away as the 2,500 that bought one this season will presumably sign up as they will be offered a heavily discounted price  (that’s if Waggott doesn’t find a way to weasel out of it) and I can certainly see another 1,500 buying one on top of that.

Though 4,000 would still be a calamitous 50 %+ drop on the last normal season and would see us back to mid 80s levels.

Many of those 2,500 will have two or three other tickets as well.

We will sell 5000 relatively early but it may be a slog to get the next couple of thousand.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

What statement do you want to make? 

That fans are not happy to carry on with the existing charade.

You say you want to support your club - and believe me I understand the sentiment - but with Venkys we are a shadow of that, and with Mowbray and Waggott we are being steered in the wrong direction.

I would love to be part of a club where fans stuck together to protect it rather than watch as it is destroyed.

How about a boycott on merchandise until Mowbray is replaced? Do people need overpriced crap-quality football shirts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

That fans are not happy to carry on with the existing charade.

You say you want to support your club - and believe me I understand the sentiment - but with Venkys we are a shadow of that, and with Mowbray and Waggott we are being steered in the wrong direction.

I would love to be part of a club where fans stuck together to protect it rather than watch as it is destroyed.

How about a boycott on merchandise until Mowbray is replaced? Do people need overpriced crap-quality football shirts?

Yes fans are unhappy with Mowbray as manager or Waggott as CEO of the club. But how many of them want to make a protest like you want to? Have you talk or conduct a survey of the wider fan base to see if any people want to protest? 

Didn't plenty of the supporters base stick to together over the redevelopments at STC at Brockhall to defeat those plans? 

If you don't want to merchandise from Rovers Stuart then don't but I'm not going to any fans what to do. Each have the own choice. I haven't bought a Rovers shirt this season but thats cos I haven't been to any games and we been on lockdown most of the season. Will I buy a shirt or merchandise next season, more than likely. Probably buy a Rovers Shirt depending on the style and whether I like them. My Step Daughter will probably want some Rovers merchandise when we return, so are suggesting I say no to her?

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If you don't want to merchandise from Rovers Stuart then don't but I'm not going to any fans what to do. Each have the own choice. I haven't bought a Rovers shirt this season but thats cos I haven't been to any games and we been on lockdown most of the season. Will I buy a shirt or merchandise next season, more than likely. Probably buy a Rovers Shirt depending on the style and whether I like them.

So I’ll put you down as a maybe on the merchandise protest front then?

Seriously though, there is no hope for any type of protests if people aren’t even prepared to abstain from something as simple and non-confrontational as this.

Anyone buying a shirt is supporting Mowbray and Waggott and should not complain about either of them being here.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Anyone buying a shirt is supporting Mowbray and Waggott and should not complain about either of them being here.

I'm not sure it's that simple.

My 10 year old for instance over the past 3/4 years has really looked forward to seeing the new kits each summer so he can be wearing the same gear as the players, should I not buy him one over something he doesn't really understand yet or care about? Would probably risk him becoming even more detached after what will be 16/17 months out of the stadium come next season.

I mean, I certainly won't be buying one for myself, and don't think I have since 2006.

• Like 2

You’ll never get a total boycott anywhere, you especially won’t here as plenty of fans have no issues whatsoever with the owners, in fact, they cheerlead for them.

However, we will probably start next term with our lowest crowds in nearly 40 years, which will obviously have a knock on to revenues, be they tickets or merchandise, surely that is a de facto protest anyway?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

Seriously though, there is no hope for any type of protests if people aren’t even prepared to abstain from something as simple and non-confrontational as this.

I will be buying club merchandise next season and probably this summer when I go and buy my season ticket with my stepdaughter. Should I not buy her a club shirt she wants? We haven't be at Ewood Park for over 13 months. 

Stuart, If you want to renew or buy season ticket or protest before games or boycott buying club merchandise then do it but stop lecturing and telling people what to think or buy

Anyone buying a shirt or season ticket or club merchandise is supporting their club they support. The club is bigger and more important that Mowbray or Waggott. 

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I'm not sure it's that simple.

My 10 year old for instance over the past 3/4 years has really looked forward to seeing the new kits each summer so he can be wearing the same gear as the players, should I not buy him one over something he doesn't really understand yet or care about? Would probably risk him becoming even more detached after what will be 16/17 months out of the stadium come next season.

I mean, I certainly won't be buying one for myself, and don't think I have since 2006.

If it were a proper protest then yes, I’d expect a 10 year old to be able to comprehend why they couldn’t have a shirt.

Any younger and it would be a case of just saying ‘no’ and that they are ‘too young to understand but it is for the good of Blackburn Rovers and the town’. Parents to try to help them understand and to have a bit of pride in both.

As it is, we are just spit-balling here as there won’t be a merchandise boycott, or a concourse boycott, or any kind of proactive boycott.

We just don’t have that kind of fanbase, we are a very timid-yet-grumbling, live-and-let-live, c’est la vie kind of people (nothing wrong with that per se). We are just not able to unite around any of the key issues facing the club. The closest so far is Brockhall which must have really caught them off guard (although was more to do with Brockhall residents than fans). Venkys? Waggott? Mowbray? “It’s just the way it is” and “there’s nothing we can do about it”. (Of course there is but not enough will - and we have several fans on social media completely opposed to any kind of action).

So the outcome won’t be 7,000 fans standing up for the ‘heart of club’, it will be another few thousand quietly walking away while the rest prop up the ‘shell of the club’.. Sales will drop naturally because of the loss of footfall and not because of any specific cause.

Fans at other clubs wouldn’t put up with it. But then, other clubs wouldn’t treat fans with such disdain.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will be buying club merchandise next season and probably this summer when I go and buy my season ticket with my stepdaughter. Should I not buy her a club shirt she wants? We haven't be at Ewood Park for over 13 months. 

Stuart, If you want to renew or buy season ticket or protest before games or boycott buying club merchandise then do it but stop lecturing and telling people what to think or buy

Anyone buying a shirt or season ticket or club merchandise is supporting their club they support. The club is bigger and more important that Mowbray or Waggott. 

QED

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

I dont think thats fair to correspond such a random aspect of the club to directly supporting the manager and CEO continuing in situ.

Out of interest, would you buy a Rovers shirt anyway? Will you be doing so next season? Does it depend on if others agree to refrain out of protest? Same with attendance, are you going next season if Mowbray is manager

Me personally, I will be going next season, I am not willing to cut off my nose to spite my face, I went with Kean as manager and with Coyle as manager, I participated in protests but I still went, so some may have felt (incorrectly) that my attendance was a sign of faith in those dismal managers.

Since I was young, I have never seen the point in as a grown man, buying a Rovers shirt, so in theory I could be seen to be abstaining as a sign of dissent, but that isnt really the case. I dont want Mowbray or Waggott to remain, I havent for a while, but such forms of protests will never gain full cooperation so will be rendered futile.

13 minutes ago, Stuart said:

QED

Who wants to Protest? Did you have any kind of numbers? And what the point of the protest?

On Boycotting Merchandise? Surely that's only affect the club financially and no impact on Waggott or Mowbray? Surely supporting the club is more important than anything?

21 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's a free world (I think) and good luck to you with your choices chaddy.That's your prerogative.

BUT with respect..after all this Club has been though with reckless owners,incompetent Managers which include the present incumbent,the clear scaling/dumbing down of the Club and the failed attempt at selling off one of Jack's legacies and that's not even touching this shit show of a season...for any Rovers fan to come out with the comment 'I don't feel let down' I find astonishing and disturbing.

You must be in a very,very small and special minority at Ewood Chads.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who wants to Protest? Did you have any kind of numbers? And what the point of the protest?

On Boycotting Merchandise? Surely that's only affect the club financially and no impact on Waggott or Mowbray? Surely supporting the club is more important than anything?

We’ve reached the point, Chris, like we always do, where you will pooh-pooh any and every suggestion. When you thought Mowbray’s days were numbered, you were very vocal about him going. Now it is looking like he may stay, you have gone cold on it.

But what is the point of a boycott? What is the point of any boycott? It is to abstain from something until certain requirements are met and to build up pressure to do so. In this case, the removal and replacement of the manager who is taking us back to League One. What is the point of the social media boycott planned by footballers? It is to put pressure on social media companies to take down people, largely on Twitter, who are being abusive. But Twitter already does this - so what is the point of that boycott? Who are they hurting? What do they hope to achieve? Do you support that boycott?

It’s one thing buying a ticket, I can fully understand the social and emotional element, and why people may not want to give that up. It’s as much about being with friends and family as it is the football - more so. However, it should be easy to abstain from merchandise or other discretionary spend.

If Waggott saw sales drop through the floor BECAUSE he refused to act, or whomever at the club who makes decisions refuses to act, then it is them NOT fans who are responsible for the loss of sales.

But let’s be really clear, it is no use complaining about what us happening if you are not prepared to anything in response.

Here’s a question though, what WOULD you be prepared to do by way of protest? Any form of protest.

• Like 3