BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

34 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Not sure if you're having a dig at darrenrover here Paul, but if you are, it's completely wide of the mark.

As originally outlined in the QEGS thread darrenrover IS attempting to get off his backside and do something about it. That process has already started and I understand it is still ongoing. If he comes across as a bit overexcitable at times it's only because of his over-riding passion for the Club and his utter frustration with current events.

I didn't realise until the QEGS thread was posted that I went to the school at roughly the same time as darrenrover albeit two or three years behind. Completely independently of darrenrover's efforts I also decided it was a line in the sand moment when our CEO suddenly decided it was a bright idea to flog off our infrastructure for short term gain and the local press didn't seem inclined to air the pros and cons in Public.

Perhaps as "a posh lad from QEGS" perhaps I shouldn't have bothered intervening and maybe we would have eventually ended up with no worthwhile training facilities whilst certain individuals would have l1ong since disappeared into the sunset with pockets stuffed full of cash.

Not having a go at you specifically Paul but people need to identify who are the true enemies here. Darrenrover is not the enemy, his only "crime" is to want things to improve and he is taking steps in pursuit of that aim. No-one can absolutely guarantee whether or not those steps will ultimately be successful but if not I'm sure it won't be for the want of trying.

Anyone can knock darrenrover if they like, that's entirely their prerogative, but if nothing changes and the situation continues to deteriorate then I trust no-one will complain about that if they aren't prepared to do anything themselves.

Fair enough, but what exactly is the plan? 

(For the 4th time of asking over the last 24 hours)

• Like 6

5 hours ago, gumboots said:

I would because most of it is ridiculously priced. I'm stingy like that. I only ever bought Rovers shirts as birthday presents. I said no to most things my kids wanted really. They knew we simply couldn't afford to splash the cash if they wanted season tickets. And in those days they did.

If she wants any Rovers merchandise and she can have it or when I can afford. She is looking forward to getting back to watching Rovers inside a stadium again

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

Please. Just don’t.

You still haven’t answered the question of what type of protest you would be prepared to take part in.

Funny enough I did reply to that question a couple of days ago. Clearly you dont read the answer. 

So apart from yourself who else wants to take part in these protests? Cos it's only you talking about it

On 28/04/2021 at 22:57, Paul said:

Yes, I feel it is the owners who need outing. If there was new ownership they would presumably have their own ideas on CEO and manager.

I will renew. It's never in question and is a decision, as I expect you know, I don't have to make. I won't deny my son the chance to watch Rovers when he has no possibility of understanding why I might choose not to take him.

If I had to make the choice for me alone? Difficult but I would probably renew. Why? Being a supporter is about watching a season of dross interspersed with a few wonderful moments. It was ever thus.

I wouldn't criticise anyone for renewing or not renewing this season Paul, like I say in my view it's almost an impossible decision.

Renew and you're endorsing Waggott/Mowbray/Venus. Boycott and you're giving Waggott almost free rein to run the Club into the ground even further.

On balance I'd like to see 20k fans back in the stadium when allowed screaming their disapproval of the Coventrio if all or any of them are still here by then.

On the owners (tin hat on) whilst their overall record is undeniably dismal I'd say they've ALMOST been model owners since relegation to League one. The one thing you can criticise them for (and unfortunately it's a bloody big one and looking worse by the day) is putting too much trust in Mowbray and allowing him to install his choice of CEO which is obviously a huge conflict of interest. And due to the same trust not sacking the manager some considerable time ago.

On balance though I feel the fact they're still here after 10 years pumping in £20m p.a. just to keep us afloat implies an element of good faith. I'd rather see us going forward with the safety net of their financial clout but with the right guidance.

(Which is the sort of thing Darrenrover is offering to go back to my last post)

On your own personal circumstances obviously I fully empathise. Hope Tom is well.

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Fair enough, but what exactly is the plan? 

(For the 4th time of asking over the last 24 hours)

As I understand it the ultimate aim is to establish a dialogue with the owners and offer either support and advice purely for the love of the Club or more formal assistance in a professional capacity if requested.

Unfortunately the Brockhall debacle put a spanner in the works and become a more pressing and immediate matter which needed everyone's input in the interim.

If that scheme or anything like it is firmly off the table for now then I'd imagine the offer to the owners from darrenrover's team is still very much on the table and hopefully progress can be made at some point if the owners feel comfortable with the situation.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As I understand it the ultimate aim is to establish a dialogue with the owners and offer either support and advice purely for the love of the Club or more formal assistance in a professional capacity if requested.

Unfortunately the Brockhall debacle put a spanner in the works and become a more pressing and immediate matter which needed everyone's input in the interim.

If that scheme or anything like it is firmly off the table for now then I'd imagine the offer to the owners from darrenrover's team is still very much on the table and hopefully progress can be made at some point if the owners feel comfortable with the situation.

Thanks for replying but opening dialogue with Venkys is about as easy as striking a match on a piece of wet fish, even the manager doesn't talk to them seemingly?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Finally an answer.

thankyou

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I wouldn't criticise anyone for renewing or not renewing this season Paul, like I say in my view it's almost an impossible decision.

Renew and you're endorsing Waggott/Mowbray/Venus. Boycott and you're giving Waggott almost free rein to run the Club into the ground even further.

On balance I'd like to see 20k fans back in the stadium when allowed screaming their disapproval of the Coventrio if all or any of them are still here by then.

On the owners (tin hat on) whilst their overall record is undeniably dismal I'd say they've ALMOST been model owners since relegation to League one. The one thing you can criticise them for (and unfortunately it's a bloody big one and looking worse by the day) is putting too much trust in Mowbray and allowing him to install his choice of CEO which is obviously a huge conflict of interest. And due to the same trust not sacking the manager some considerable time ago.

On balance though I feel the fact they're still here after 10 years pumping in £20m p.a. just to keep us afloat implies an element of good faith. I'd rather see us going forward with the safety net of their financial clout but with the right guidance.

(Which is the sort of thing Darrenrover is offering to go back to my last post)

On your own personal circumstances obviously I fully empathise. Hope Tom is well.

Yes, we are both very well thanks Simon.

I wouldn't criticise anyone for their individual choice on anything. I might argue the point but not criticise which I view as two different things.

What I object to is supporters who still insist on telling those who chose to renew we are "part of the problem." For me the difficulty is we have supporters who divide the fan base with these and other similar remarks. While such views exist those divisions will not heal.

It only takes five minutes on here to know this is still happening.

As for a QEGS group I've only very, very vaguely heard of this and have no idea what is involved. I have though read the language expressed and approach used towards others. This immediately puts me off as I don't believe speaking to others in such a fashion is acceptable. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So apart from yourself who else wants to take part in these protests? Cos it's only you talking about it

You really are going full u-turn at this point.

You “want” Mowbray out but there is nothing you are prepared to do, sacrifice, abstain from in order to put any pressure on.

Interesting that you are now not just declining to take part in but actively trying to marginalise my “protest” suggestion - and to be clear it was a suggestion that people stop buying any club merchandise until Mowbray is gone. Not that much of an ask.

But you do make a good point, there has been absolutely no discussion about it aside from me suggesting it and you telling me that it won’t work - much like you would say about any suggested protest. The reason it won’t work is precisely because of people who think the same way you do.

My request to you though would be: please don’t ever, ever complain about Mowbray again.

All that said, does anybody else have a view on a merchandise boycott? Even from some of the most vocal people on here the chat has been about what next season’s shirt might look like and the manufacturing quality, FFS!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

You “want” Mowbray out but there is nothing you are prepared to do, sacrifice, abstain from in order to put any pressure on.

Interesting that you are now not just declining to take part in but actively trying to marginalise my “protest” suggestion - and to be clear it was a suggestion that people stop buying any club merchandise until Mowbray is gone. Not that much of an ask.

But you do make a good point, there has been absolutely no discussion about it aside from me suggesting it and you telling me that it won’t work - much like you would say about any suggested protest. The reason it won’t work is precisely because of people who think the same way you do.

My request to you though would be: please don’t ever, ever complain about Mowbray again.

All that said, does anybody else have a view on a merchandise boycott? Even from some of the most vocal people on here the chat has been about what next season’s shirt might look like and the manufacturing quality, FFS!

I’d be happy to go along with that. There would have to be a way of making it known so swag knows why sales are so poor and that it was an active choice aswell as getting it off this board and into other areas on social media etc . Like a protest/March if it’s similar numbers it won’t be noticeable and we would look like the small minority again and it would be painted as the rest are happy with the job they are doing

Edited by Oldgregg86

4 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Thanks for replying but opening dialogue with Venkys is about as easy as striking a match on a piece of wet fish, even the manager doesn't talk to them seemingly?

Time will tell in that respect I suppose.  As I understand it some of darrenrover's team have contacts and their ear to the ground in India in relation to their own work and  for that reason they are currently proceeding on the assumption that the owners are acting in good faith as regards BRFC.

I can't see any automatic reason why, just because dialogue has not occurred in the past for whatever reason, it can not take place in future.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

What U-turn? Talking cobblers again. 

I still want Mowbray out and a new football manager in as 2 people can verify that is my view as I have had private chats to them outside this Rovers fan site. @Paul Maniand @PeteJD13can verify this if you ask them?

I will discuss Mowbray and his future whenever I decide too. So please don't tell me what to do it think please. The best way to pressure on Mowbray is voicing your opinion inside Ewood Park and letting him know our opinions are

If you dont want to buy club merchandise then that's fine. But no one should be made to guilty and victimism for buy mechanism especially since its 14 months since we were allow inside the stadium Ewood Park and supporters want to back normality and support the club like before the pandemic. 

Also I ain't going to tell my step daughter no to having some club merchandise if she wants to. The 14 months have been tough enough with online learning, lock downs with pandemic, etc for her. 

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What U-turn? Talking cobblers again. 

I still want Mowbray out and a new football manager in as 2 people can verify that is my view as I have had private chats to them outside this Rovers fan site. @Paul Maniand @PeteJD13can verify this if you ask them?

I will discuss Mowbray and his future whenever I decide too. So please don't tell me what to do it think please. The best way to pressure on Mowbray is voicing your opinion inside Ewood Park and letting him know our opinions are

If you dont want to buy club merchandise then that's fine. But no one should be made to guilty and victimism for buy mechanism especially since its 14 months since we were allow inside the stadium Ewood Park and supporters want to back normality and support the club like before the pandemic. 

Also I ain't going to tell my step daughter no to having some club merchandise if she wants to. The 14 months have been tough enough with online learning, lock downs with pandemic, etc for her. 

👆🏻This is the problem with too many u-turns, one inevitably ends up going round in circles…

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

Yes, I have. I have no idea what our merchandising revenue is but prior to Covid-19 I imagine it wasn't significant.

If ST sales fall to the level some are predicting, personally I think 4-5000*, then merchandise sales to these numbers will be very low. I rarely see anyone around me with a bag of goodies from the Roverstore on match day. I'm surrounded by ST holders.

* I say 4-5000 because after close to 18 months away I think many will simply disappear. From the little I've read we could be on 2-4000 attendances due to Covid-19 restrictions. Possibly I should be better informed but realistically we can only wait and see what government permits.

I don't think a merchandise boycott will have any impact. Yes it will cause some questions to be asked but when you have to fund the club with £20m per season it's petty cash.

What would make a difference? To be honest I have no idea. I became exhausted with the whole thing. I realised the negative impact on my life and decided to avoid the stress. Nothing which is being discussed or hinted at is new. There's no reason to believe a second time around will be successful. If someone comes up with something truly new I would back it.

There was too much self-interest and real opportunities were lost.

I know I sound negative and as though I've given up. I would argue this is not the case but that I am a realist.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

There was too much self-interest and real opportunities were lost.

Hello Paul. Hope all is well with you.

Perhaps you can elaborate on these real opportunities that were lost?

Seems to me that the lack of a majority of dissenters hurt us back then just as it hurts us now.

The majority of our fans have no appetite to cause any upset and will just put up with whatever is served - even if it means they are being taken the piss out of. Although to be fair we have lost a hell of a lot of fans in the process.

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Hello Paul. Hope all is well with you.

Perhaps you can elaborate on these real opportunities that were lost?

Seems to me that the lack of a majority of dissenters hurt us back then just as it hurts us now.

The majority of our fans have no appetite to cause any upset and will just put up with whatever is served - even if it means they are being taken the piss out of. Although to be fair we have lost a hell of a lot of fans in the process.

I'm good thanks Stuart. We've kept ourselves safe, sound and a touch bored. Hope your family are all safe as well.

Lost opportunities? For me the big one was The Rovers Trust. There was a point when membership was higher than the Arsenal Trust. From memory I think 1200+ had signed up. A supporters trust can and should be involved in many things but Rovers Trust was always a single issue organisation. Had the Trust expanded its interest and ideas, looked to work in other areas of fan representation it might well have maintained the membership numbers and become a real voice for the fans. Sadly it focused only on being ready should the club ever be for sale.

When a new board was elected I understood there was going to be a new impetus. As far as I can gather from a couple of emails a year not much is happening.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul said:

I'm good thanks Stuart. We've kept ourselves safe, sound and a touch bored. Hope your family are all safe as well.

Lost opportunities? For me the big one was The Rovers Trust. There was a point when membership was higher than the Arsenal Trust. From memory I think 1200+ had signed up. A supporters trust can and should be involved in many things but Rovers Trust was always a single issue organisation. Had the Trust expanded its interest and ideas, looked to work in other areas of fan representation it might well have maintained the membership numbers and become a real voice for the fans. Sadly it focused only on being ready should the club ever be for sale.

When a new board was elected I understood there was going to be a new impetus. As far as I can gather from a couple of emails a year not much is happening.

Also good, thanks Paul.

Some fair observations there. I wasn’t aware of ego problems within the Trust. That’s a shame. Their aim now seems to be a seat on the board but I don’t see that happening under Venkys - and certainly not under Waggott.

I still pay my membership but on the basis of an insurance policy of sorts. That there will be an organisation there to help to pick up the pieces when the inevitable does happen, and negotiations need to take place with administrators to keep the club name and badge. There is a credibility about the Rovers Trust that would benefit from outside support. I get the impression that the current Trust are not ready for that - hopefully they will be one day.

1 minute ago, Stuart said:

Also good, thanks Paul.

Some fair observations there. I wasn’t aware of ego problems within the Trust. That’s a shame. Their aim now seems to be a seat on the board but I don’t see that happening under Venkys - and certainly not under Waggott.

I still pay my membership but on the basis of an insurance policy of sorts. That there will be an organisation there to help to pick up the pieces when the inevitable does happen, and negotiations need to take place with administrators to keep the club name and badge. There is a credibility about the Rovers Trust that would benefit from outside support. I get the impression that the current Trust are not ready for that - hopefully they will be one day.

Steady. I didn't say there were or are ego problems within the trust. I do believe though the Trust should have expanded its interests but I don't think not doing so was anything to do with ego. Overall I feel there just wasn't the desire to look at any other aspect of fan representation. A real shame.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul said:

Steady. I didn't say there were or are ego problems within the trust. I do believe though the Trust should have expanded its interests but I don't think not doing so was anything to do with ego. Overall I feel there just wasn't the desire to look at any other aspect of fan representation. A real shame.

Sorry I read self-interest as ego.

I agree though that fan representation should have been an aim.

We currently have a fans forum which seems to be a bit of a reluctant coalition imho.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2021 at 12:15, Stuart said:

👆🏻This is the problem with too many u-turns, one inevitably ends up going round in circles…

My stance on Mowbray and his future is quite clear. He has to be replace. don't know how much clearer I can be

My stance on buying a season ticket next season or anyone wanting to be club merchandise won't change. 

So have you got any numbers on Rovers Supporters willing to join you on your Boycott on club merchandise?

9 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You held a similarly clear stance last season. Then the summer came and you wanted him to stay. Now here we are again...

As did you, just for the record 👍

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My stance on Mowbray and his future is quite clear. He has to be replace. don't know how much clearer I can be

My stance on buying a season ticket next season or anyone wanting to be club merchandise won't change. 

So have you got any numbers on Rovers Supporters willing to join you on your Boycott on club merchandise?

Such scorn, yet so ignorant.

You’ve made it quite clear you are more than happy for Mowbray to continue as Rovers manager.

Your opinion on him is now moot, I’m afraid.