BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Season ticket update:

Clubs definitely or possibly in the Championship next season who have tickets on sale now:

Huddersfield - yes - from £249

Middlesbrough - yes - from £420

Barnsley* - yes - from £235

Sheffield Utd - yes - from £357

Stoke - yes - from £294

Coventry - yes - from £210

Forest - yes - from £365

Luton - yes - from £400

Bristol City - yes - from £355

Cardiff - yes - from £249

Swansea* - yes - from £249

Bournemouth* - yes - from £550

Brentford* - yes - from £419

QPR - yes - from £225

Millwall - yes - from £385

Peterborough - yes - from £349

Sunderland* - yes - from £340

Oxford* - yes - from £299

Lincoln* - yes - from £359

* - don't know if they will be in League One or Championship yet still on sale

Clubs definitely or possibly in the Championship next season who haven't bothered yet:

Rovers

Preston

Birmingham

Derby

Reading

Fulham*

West Brom*

Hull*

Blackpool*

* have changed or might yet change division

So this means we are one of five clubs not to do anything yet despite being clear as to our position and league status and knowing that with our capacity/stadium social distancing could be achieved with relative ease compared to others with much smaller grounds or bigger demand. You can also excuse Derby and Birmingham to some degree given they were fighting relegation until the last couple of weeks and Derby are in the middle of a takeover saga.

And just look at those prices. Assuming Waggott freezes or increases prices then we will be joint fourth most expensive in the division behind only Middlesbrough, Bournemouth and Brentford. Two of whom have been in promotion contention and have little grounds in much more affluent areas than Blackburn.

Can't wait to see what he has got up his sleeve this summer.

Edited by JHRover
  • Like 1

On 18/05/2021 at 15:36, Parsonblue said:

Which is why the problem remains with the people who appointed Waggott in the first place and who are happy for him and Mowbray etc to continue in position.  No wonder the owners are happy to keep them in position to attract all the flak and take it off them.  If the owners didn't like the job he was doing they could remove him - in the same way they've done with other administrators they've employed.  Clearly they must be happy with the way things are going or they would act.

Or they don’t care…

• Like 4

The club called me the other day to pick up my flag after it being on display since last summer.

I don’t live in Blackburn so collecting it mid week whilst I work isn’t exactly possible.

With both Blues & Roverstore being open again, why they cannot do it on a Saturday is beyond me, it’s not like there won’t be club staff at the ground.

Just another example of the club being utterly thoughtless when it comes to the fans.

**edit**

My reason for putting this comment in this thread is that I think we’ll be waiting a while for season tickets, because they treat us with such contempt.

Edited by CheshireRover

Just had a look at the Huddersfield site to see if they had anything on Rhodes and saw their season ticket offering.

I really don't know why we don't do the same. £299 flat fee for all adults (which is a very good deal IMHO) which will hopefully attract more / retain more which equates to more shirt sales, pies etc. etc.

When we had the £199 season ticket offer 10 years ago we had big crowds. Now granted it was in the PL, but it still generated a big increase in year on year sales so I imagine it will have swelled the coffers enormously due to tacit sales on other items.

Why does anyone care?

Nobody should be buying them.

Last season he said he couldn't sell something when he didn't know what he could sell. So he will have the same mindset now. Especially with this Bolton variant being rife. He will certainly wait until after 21st June before anything comes out. As it stands today he can only offer 4000 for sale with a socially distanced seating plan. No away fans or walk ons etc.

• Like 1

Not sure you can call an increase of some 45 infections as being rife!

Anyone can see the daily infection rates are minimal and should not be stopping season ticket sales, commercial progress and general day to day communications with the clubs supporters.

Waggot and co are ignorant to these kinds of things because he is a complete turd🤬

15 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Why does anyone care?

Nobody should be buying them.

Last season he said he couldn't sell something when he didn't know what he could sell. So he will have the same mindset now. Especially with this Bolton variant being rife. He will certainly wait until after 21st June before anything comes out. As it stands today he can only offer 4000 for sale with a socially distanced seating plan. No away fans or walk ons etc.

Absolute bang on.

This clamour for season tickets being released by some on here is  exactly like last season ..why ??

After last season i would have thought most would have learnt a lesson and bide their time (and money) until things are a little clearer .

No panic ..

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Absolute bang on.

This clamour for season tickets being released by some on here is  exactly like last season ..why ??

After last season i would have thought most would have learnt a lesson and bide their time (and money) until things are a little clearer .

No panic ..

The vast majority of clubs, most of them with better management than Rovers, disagree, and have had them on sale for weeks or even months.

I think those clubs know more than Steve Waggott and Venkys and the proof will be in eventual numbers sold.

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The vast majority of clubs, most of them with better management than Rovers, disagree, and have had them on sale for weeks or even months.

I think those clubs know more than Steve Waggott and Venkys and the proof will be in eventual numbers sold.

JH ..we know we have awful owners ..we really do .. but again this clamour for Season tickets when AGAIN no one even sure what they ll get for their Season Ticket is a lil daft.

We had the same argument last season JH ..you was pushing for Season tickets whilst others were saying a Season ticket for what ? And we all know how that turned out ..

Please dont think im specifically targeting you JH because im not ..just feel theres no rush until we know again just how its all going to work ?

Besides im damn sure anyone anyone who wants a Season ticket will get one even with a reduced capacity.

Was talking to a bloke the other week sat outside the Napier.

He was one of the 2500 and had been going every season since 63.

When I asked why he had bought a ST, he freely admitted that he had fully expected to be back in the ground by October.

He went on to say that he was not going to buy one this season due to Mowbray and Waggott.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

According to the FF minutes it looks like ST's will out next week and that ST holders from last year and year before will get a discount of some sort. Or some sort of deal at least. Free pie?

Whatever sort of deal it is, I would bet that it isn't a good one

20 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

According to the FF minutes it looks like ST's will out next week and that ST holders from last year and year before will get a discount of some sort. Or some sort of deal at least. Free pie?

It referred to loyalty so my guess would be “renew your 2019/20 seat by 30 June and get the early bird discount of last year’s full price”. After that a whacking price rise (again) so not so much rewarding loyalty as penalising anyone wanting to “wait and see” over Mowbray and/or transfer business.

For those 2500 who did renew they will get their promised discount (well they’d better bloody had) and £10 off the new shirt.

Personally I think they would be foolish to set an early bird price, a price rise and the threat of a ticking clock after this last 12 months on and off the field and the wider global issues but let’s see how close I am! Who knows, maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised after all Venkys are now experienced football club owners.

• Like 1

If you can put up with the tombola team selections, going nowhere football and indifference to winning and league position, this is the deal for you.....

Prices frozen at 2019/20 levels...25% increase to everyone else...massive saving to be mugged off for another year.

This will be offset by eventually flogging the training ground.

We are doing all we can.

So with the line up confirmed for next season just 7 clubs haven't confirmed season ticket details they are Fulham and West Brom who haven just been relegated, Hull and Blackpool who have just been promoted and of the 18 clubs who were in the league last season just us, Derby and Preston have not released any details.

Waggott has previously said that for “A Championship club like us it (season ticket sales) generates between 20 and 25 per cent of our total income, it’s a huge amount that we have to try and keep driving through the revenue." If this is the case then why the hell is it the same thing every season, always lagging behind other clubs.

I still can't help but think he missed an open goal after promotion by firstly not having them on sale by the Oxford game and then secondly when finally announcing them putting the price up. I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see a price rise for next season when they are announced.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

So with the line up confirmed for next season just 7 clubs haven't confirmed season ticket details they are Fulham and West Brom who haven just been relegated, Hull and Blackpool who have just been promoted and of the 18 clubs who were in the league last season just us, Derby and Preston have not released any details.

Waggott has previously said that for “A Championship club like us it (season ticket sales) generates between 20 and 25 per cent of our total income, it’s a huge amount that we have to try and keep driving through the revenue." If this is the case then why the hell is it the same thing every season, always lagging behind other clubs.

I still can't help but think he missed an open goal after promotion by firstly not having them on sale by the Oxford game and then secondly when finally announcing them putting the price up. I also wouldn't be at all surprised to see a price rise for next season when they are announced.

Because for all the talk and sob stories about how hard up we are and how tough it is the long and short of things is that the club doesn't really want to grow the fanbase or maximise sales.

It is nothing but a convenient excuse for poor performance - that we have relatively small gates and need more money - but actions (or lack of) speak louder than any words and they just don't have the interest or desire to change it.

In the past they've known that 8000 will sign up come what may and eventually they decided that with that in mind they were going to screw those 8000 for every penny rather than increase beyond 8000. 

I think they arrogantly assume that the same 8000 are sat at home desperate to get back to Ewood and will be sat by the phone waiting to sign up as soon as the club can be bothered to do anything.

I think they might be in for a surprise from how I'm feeling and what I've picked up from other regular season ticket holders.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Because for all the talk and sob stories about how hard up we are and how tough it is

…he still gets paid an eye-watering sum, totally inconsistent with a failing and loss-making enterprise, while seemingly able to continue indefinitely by blaming a lack of commitment in the fanbase.

Nice work if you can get it.

• Like 1