BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

42 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I won't be renewing

I will however be buying a ticket for the first game of the season and telling mowbray I think he should resign.

From then on I'll do some away games.

Will you get a ticket for the BBE or the Jack walker lower ?

Those who renewed are guaranteed £10 off per match if the small print was right last year. In fact I think it was something like £10.71 plus another £10 off if you bought a particular match iFollow ticket. I am expecting my JW Upper ticket to be around £200 max if not I won’t renew if SW tries to stiff us

12 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Those who renewed are guaranteed £10 off per match if the small print was right last year. In fact I think it was something like £10.71 plus another £10 off if you bought a particular match iFollow ticket. I am expecting my JW Upper ticket to be around £200 max if not I won’t renew if SW tries to stiff us

Based on a £399 ST which was everywhere apart from JW Upper Central it was £7.34 off this seasons for every game behind closed doors. You got the ifollow anyway so no more deductions are coming off for that.

So thats £169 (rounded up) figure of next years season tickets, if they were to freeze them then current holders would get them for around £230.

JE Upper slightly more expensive, so at £499 with £11.69 off per game would work out at around £230 too if the prices are frozen.

I imagine there will he rises to offset all these discounts off a bit, which will he dressed up as fantastic deals obviously.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I imagine there will he rises to offset all these discounts off a bit, which will he dressed up as fantastic deals obviously.

Yep, any discounts promised last year will no doubt be wiped out by price hikes over the next season or two. A point I stressed at the time.

They're completely meaningless unless combined with a price freeze for a specified period which is subsequently honoured.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Why does anyone expect Waggott to honour refunds after what happened in 2019/20?

Don't think he can get away with anything this time as it was clearly stated before they went on sale last year. The article is still on the website now. Not defending him at all but he could get away with it in 19/20 as there nothing to compare it too, he should have done the right thing and offered people refunds for the games we couldn't attend but he doesn't do the right thing.

As said though, fully expect the prices rises to offset the discounts, which he will no doubt make a huge deal of. "Yes we're raising prices but all current st holders get xx off" etc

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

If he reneged on the promise he would never work in football again such would be the ferocious backlash!

A furious backlash from whom?

Rovers fans: “it’s not reight but tha’ll not stop me supporting my club”

Would any of the 2,500 hardcore fans say anything at all? I expect they would blame covid and the club being skint and carry on paying (…Waggott’s salary).

I’m actually surprised this wasn’t discussed and publicly confirmed at the FF meeting two-and-a-bit weeks ago. Should be a slam dunk, nothing-to-see-here confirmation of the pricing and/or discount rather than some confirmation of a “loyalty based” scheme. Unless the details were confidential?

Doing the maths on this...

I'm one of the 2500 who bought a season ticket, £459 JW Upper

That's £19.96 per game

After 'paying' £10 for each game on iFollow (£230), Waggot owes me a discount of £229 (£9.96 x 23) off next season's ticket.

Even if prices do go up, surely even he can't rip me off that much. Or could he? 🤔

So now that Preston have announced prices, on sale from Monday, by my reckoning that leaves just ourselves and crisis club Derby (nearly relegated, ownership issues) from those in the division last season to still have announced absolutely nothing on season tickets.

Then there's WBA and Fulham coming down and Hull and Blackpool coming up who are yet to announce anything. Fortunately for those clubs they can rely on a solid core of buyers/promotion bounce to do them some favours.

Shame about that pandemic causing havoc with our plans though.

This is a quote from Slopey Shoulders Steve Waggott at the last consultation meeting on 6th Feb 2020:

"My view was that I went to bat for the supporters in India, urging the owners to have a price freeze on a price freeze, knowing how sensitive it is in Blackburn.”

He’s admitting that the season ticket price is set in India. By billionaires who are indifferent to £15 million being pissed away year after year and are seemingly happy enough to let a £5 million house go to rack and ruin. The financial reality of the supporter base will not and cannot play a factor.

As useless as Waggott is, it’s ridiculous ST prices don’t fall within his remit. Similarly, he has to go cap in hand for pitch upgrades, youth team players and academy staff. I wonder if Mrs Desai has to sign off every time one of their chicken takeaways needs a new fryer, or if some fencing is knackered on a chicken farm.

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

This is a quote from Slopey Shoulders Steve Waggott at the last consultation meeting on 6th Feb 2020:

"My view was that I went to bat for the supporters in India, urging the owners to have a price freeze on a price freeze, knowing how sensitive it is in Blackburn.”

He’s admitting that the season ticket price is set in India. By billionaires who are indifferent to £15 million being pissed away year after year and are seemingly happy enough to let a £5 million house go to rack and ruin. The financial reality of the supporter base will not and cannot play a factor.

As useless as Waggott is, it’s ridiculous ST prices don’t fall within his remit. Similarly, he has to go cap in hand for pitch upgrades, youth team players and academy staff. I wonder if Mrs Desai has to sign off every time one of their chicken takeaways needs a new fryer, or if some fencing is knackered on a chicken farm.

Isn't it Balaji thats has to authorise the decisions not Mrs D? Isn't Pasha and Babu Balaji's right hand men?

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Isn't it Balaji thats has to authorise the decisions not Mrs D? Isn't Pasha and Babu Balaji's right hand men?

I don’t know. It doesn’t matter. It’s a ridiculous way to run a football club.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I don’t know. It doesn’t matter. It’s a ridiculous way to run a football club.

Well it does matter to be honest how we are run. 

Seems like Balaji is involved in every major decision whether it the Manager's future, financial decisions, etc and its looks like Pasha or Babu can't authorise anything without his approval? 

Wonder if this is how they run their key companies?

I agree it's the wrong way to run a football clubs given to the way the Walker's family and trust have John Williams and Tom Finn they trusted to run it. But Venkys have never a CEO they trusted properly. That's why I surprised they never appoint Pasha as CEO. He is trusted by Balaji to be in the position within Venkys family he is in surely?

Edited by chaddyrovers

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

So what does he actually do then?

Because on the face of it, he’s a very highly paid admin staff member who is happy with his lot - or he surely would have walked.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Any idea when season tickets will be available? 

The latest belter i saw from some whopper on Facebook today was -

"the club cant possibly release any information until we know if June 21st goes ahead, then they will know what they have to work with".

Meanwhile Sunderland have sold well over 20k already.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Ermmm you not remember 12 month ago with people like yourself clamouring  for ST to be put on sale ? How did that turn out ? 

Whopper... 

4000 plus people went to Portugal ..look how that turned out..wait n f*ckin see eh ..

We are never on the ball with ST's and never have been under this lot so nothing new here. Mad how it gets the same angst every year when it's a given nothing happens til late.

As for Balaji and 'decisions' it'll just be an ego thing with him it certainly isn't anything he gives and real thought to. Just a control thing because he probably doesn't control much else. As as far as i can see it with him he gets a load of money every year from the family companies for doing nothing. 

Then he has a couple of blokes running around spending...sorry investing it for him. Whilst at the same time making sure he doesn't go bankrupt and drag the whole lot of them down.  Probably bleeds a few more quid out via Rovers but that's another theury for another day.

Whatever it is it's incompetent in regards to building a successful football outfit.  He really isn't bothered though.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

We are never on the ball with ST's and never have been under this lot so nothing new here. Mad how it gets the same angst every year when it's a given nothing happens til late.

As for Balaji and 'decisions' it'll just be an ego thing with him it certainly isn't anything he gives and real thought to. Just a control thing as as far as i can see it with him he gets a load of money every year from the family companies for doing nothing. 

Then he has a couple of blokes running around spending...sorry investing it for him. Whilst at the same time making sure he doesn't go bankrupt and drag the whole lot of them down.  Probably bleeds a few more quid out via Rovers but that's another theury for another day.

Whatever it is it's incompetent in regards to building a successful football outfit.  He really isn't bothered though.

Did you buy one last year TP?