BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

2 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Hope nobody in this thread is actually planning on buying one... but I fear most are. Hence the problem.

Exactly OEB ..and those that stupidly buy and end up not going to Ewood will be the first ones to call out the Club for selling them ...some people do not learn ..

22 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Did you buy one last year TP?

Not since Coyle raised his jug eared heed.

Why ? Does that mean i can't have an opinion ?  

Edited by tomphil

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not since Coyle raised his jug eared heed.

Why ? Does that mean i can't have an opinion ?  

So ST releases have little meaning to you ..factor in the the present Covid situation ..where after last season was a fan no show .doesnt really matter if we sell now for something that doesnt exist or we  wait till we can.

3 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

So ST releases have little meaning to you ..factor in the the present Covid situation ..where after last season was a fan no show .doesnt really matter if we sell now for something that doesnt exist or we  wait till we can.

This has been covered from every angle though, first off it would be an important cash injection.  Secondly most other clubs are managing to do it and thirdly fans are going to be allowed in.

Can't see any local or tiered lockdowns now it isn't the situation it was last summer so far less risk.

And last but by no means least you know and i know that isn't the reason for any delays regarding Rovers ST's.  It's just standard practice nothing is done until the Vs have had their mid summer meetings.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This has been covered from every angle though, first off it would be an important cash injection.  Secondly most other clubs are managing to do it and thirdly fans are going to be allowed in.

Can't see any local or tiered lockdowns now it isn't the situation it was last summer so far less risk.

And last but by no means least you know and i know that isn't the reason for any delays regarding Rovers ST's.  It's just standard practice nothing is done until the Vs have had their mid summer meetings.

First off the cash injection ..the club will get that injection a month or more down the line when things become more obvious covid wise. You see no local or tiered lockdowns ..go back 12 months and im sure would have said the same.

As for Rovers being late to the ST party in previous years ..this  year fans may have fallen lucky .

12 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Ermmm you not remember 12 month ago with people like yourself clamouring  for ST to be put on sale ? How did that turn out ? 

Whopper... 

Are all the other clubs wrong for selling ST's then?

Plus as things stand, we can have 25% capacity which will be more than enough at the moment. 

Crazy for a club that pleads poverty all the time that we can't seem to get the easiest source of revenue sorted, as despite what you read on here i still think there will be a few thousand who will commit straight away.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, HowieFive0 said:

Exactly OEB ..and those that stupidly buy and end up not going to Ewood will be the first ones to call out the Club for selling them ...some people do not learn ..

Rubbish ! Those of us who paid always knew there would be little chance of getting into the ground because of the pandemic. I bought mine out of loyalty and in the hope I would venture to Ewood, I suspect the other 2499 or so were the same.

So then, why would the 2500 come out and slag the process off? It doesn’t make any sense at all. The 2500 are clearly loyal supporters and not fair weather fans with differing views!

Edited by 1864roverite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkBRFC said:

Are all the other clubs wrong for selling ST's then?

Plus as things stand, we can have 25% capacity which will be more than enough at the moment. 

Crazy for a club that pleads poverty all the time that we can't seem to get the easiest source of revenue sorted, as despite what you read on here there i still think there will be a few thousand who will commit straight away.

I thought originally the idea of season tickets was to get cash in for clubs to tide them over the no income summer months.  Seems it's still a factor to 75% of the league but obviously lost on some on here.

As for Rovers under this ownership we know they always do things differently to the other 75%. In fact as far as i can see it's different to the other 24% as well, we are very much in the 1% oddball category !

I guess though the way it's funded it just doesn't matter if there's always a mid summer shares injection. As you say though makes a mockery of the pleading poverty line.  Never seems much poverty when it comes to pouring money into under achievers and chancers pockets at the top end - the football end.

Always on the ground here, the bottom end where there seems no cash. Mind you one end is run by agents.

The other end isn't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Genuine question about this particular stick.

Why would any of us pay for something we can’t use till august, until august?

There used to be incentives for buying early but they, like a lot of things in the last decade seem to have gone by the wayside. I agree with you and if I get one it will be at the very last minute and I would urge others to do the same. It would be embarrassing for the current incumbents to have only sold a paltry amount less than a week before the season starts.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Genuine question about this particular stick.

Why would any of us pay for something we can’t use till august, until august?

Would you book a holiday in the same month that you intend to go on the said holiday?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Would you book a holiday in the same month that you intend to go on the said holiday?

Depends on a lot of things - especially in this current world climate.

As a straw-man though.. I’d pay for festivals and good deals well upfront so touché!

• Like 1

As other clubs at this level, above and below, are showing, the general attitude is that it is a good idea to sell them rather than 'wait and see' what happens with Coronavirus.

As it stands, and as it has stood for months, the expectation is that at least 25% of grounds can be filled from the start of next season. Some might 'get off' on predicting that it will all unravel and we will have to go back into a lockdown but really this has to end, and soon, and people and businesses have to approach life as though it will. Approaching life with panic and hysteria every time a variant appears or positive test numbers go up is going to mean we never get out of this.

Proactive clubs, starved of fans and income for 15 months, would sell season tickets wherever possible, and deal with any issues down the line IF they actually happen.

Not here though the logic appears to be the reverse. Do sweet F A for months and then expect to sell a reasonable amount in an impossibly narrow timeframe.

We saw how that one worked last year with the insane 2 week sales window in September just as cases were escalating and lockdown became more likely. A pitiful 2500 were sold.

As it stands there are only two clubs that were in the Championship last season and will be next that haven't done anything. Rovers and Derby. And Derby are in a real mess with their relegation battle, money issues and takeover chaos.

Everyone else has got tickets on sale. This includes clubs with little grounds with far less room to play with than we have at Ewood - QPR, Luton, Bournemouth

We are 'blessed' here because there's no way we'd sell more than 8-9,000 under this joke management, so even if we got to that figure we could still limit attendances to 25% of capacity and have no issues. 

And if it was 0 fans in the ground you would simply provide a range of refund options- give people their money back (what a novel idea), keep hold of it and knock it off future tickets (although Waggott lied about doing that last year) or invite people to donate it to the club.

Everyone else has managed it - why can't we?

• Like 2

Once they go on sale there'll be two months to sell them before the season starts (details should be released this week). I'm sure that will be enough time to meet demand. 

We know Waggott's useless and Venky's don't give a shit so it's no surprise we'll probably be the last team in the Champ  to have them on sale. 

There's no chance I'll be paying money towards the Ewood chumocracy currently masquerading as a professional football club, so they can put up for sale in September for all the difference it makes to me. But if you are buying one then as much notice as possible on price/paying options/seating options etc would probably be useful. 

• Like 1

I got into these debates last summer. not bothering this time, Covid or no Covid, this is the way the club is run. All major decisions signed off post an annual meeting. 

As we’ve seen with TM being kept on, results and commercial income are seemingly never the priority here. Bizarre, doesn’t make sense, but I’ve stopped trying to think about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As we’ve seen with TM being kept on, results and commercial income are seemingly never the priority here. Bizarre, doesn’t make sense, but I’ve stopped trying to think about it.

I think the part in bold is down to the fact that this aspect of our club during Venky’s ownership has never even come close to covering the outgoings. With constant wage growth across the leagues, we only really managed that with the trust because of selling players btw.

I would also add, there’s not been a good “feeling” which is really important for launching kit / season tickets. For instance, if the club showed that JRC, Wharton, Nyambe, Rothwell and maybe even AA sign a new deal, launch kit and STs same day.... That’s going to have more of an impact than say; releasing in March/April when we’d won 1 in 15 or something or in May when the season is over and most fans are switched off.

I personally don’t think anyone here could suggest the drop in sales in the last ten years are down to poor marketing. It’s always linked to performance in my opinion.

Edited by JBiz

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As other clubs at this level, above and below, are showing, the general attitude is that it is a good idea to sell them rather than 'wait and see' what happens with Coronavirus.

Coronavirus is not going to be the reason at Rovers. Incompetance.

29 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As it stands, and as it has stood for months, the expectation is that at least 25% of grounds can be filled from the start of next season.

It's 25% or 4000 whichever is least.

4000 at Rovers.

30 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As it stands there are only two clubs that were in the Championship last season and will be next that haven't done anything. Rovers and Derby. And Derby are in a real mess with their relegation battle, money issues and takeover chaos.

Two teams both in financial chaos, no accounts published and under transfer embargos.

33 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Everyone else has managed it - why can't we?

Unknown budget will be the reason.

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Not saying it is. Results dear boy, results.

However, commercial activity and keeping fans ‘in the tent’ doesn’t become less important because the club is pissing money up the wall on a monthly basis.

Results and expectations.

One specific face palm that stands out in terms of fair criticism is not having some sort of deal for those at the Oxford game!

Our turnover these days needs to be higher, but simply so Venky’s can put more in without breaking FFP rules. It’s a scandal that championship football ended up this way, never mind just our scenario.

It’s partly because Waggott doesn’t understand the fanbase. He came from Coventry, not a particularly big club, but with a decent sized city and county (Warwickshire) to themselves with the floating fanbase that goes with it.

His assumption would’ve been, 28,000 folk here today. Bang up the prices and I’ll still pick up a good few of them.

Doesn’t work like that here. Substantial gate increases in one summer have only happened on the back of BIG success (not second in L1) or competitive pricing... but who’s left in positions of power at the club to inform him?

• Like 2