BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

The 2 main "defences" of our season ticket policy/lack of policy are that why would anyone buy a season ticket before when they HAD to (on what planet are season tickets released only in the first month of the season?) and indeed that no one would be happy to buy without knowing for sure if they could attend. I did last year with 2500 more knowing that there was a large chance that I would have to settle for ifollow/pro rata refunds and still gave my money anyway. I didnt complain having done so, I saw no one else in my position complain and it shouldnt be about why people would be willing to, it should be why arent the club taking up that demand as soon as bloody possible?! 

We all know that if it was the case that the club wanted to wait to see more clarity on the pandemic, then they would at least communicate that. Preston have been one of the latest teams to release season ticket details, doing so last week, but released a number of statements prior to keep fans in the loop. Lets not even pretend that it is anything but negligence and incompetence that has prevented season tickets from being released yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We all know that if it was the case that the club wanted to wait to see more clarity on the pandemic, then they would at least communicate that. Preston have been one of the latest teams to release season ticket details, doing so last week, but released a number of statements prior to keep fans in the loop. Lets not even pretend that it is anything but negligence and incompetence that has prevented season tickets from being released yet.

Yep. Rugby Union season hasn't finished yet, but clubs have already asked fans to register an interest in next season's ST to gauge how sales may go. It's all about fan involvement and keeping fans interest, especially if you're on the back of a good run, but also if you're doing badly, to keep those fans you might otherwise lose.

• Like 1

What really got me, was when we heard literally nothing from the Bristol City game in February being postponed until the summer, and that was a re-written EFL press release. I didn’t expect a weekly ‘diary of a furloughed club shop worker’, but nothing from the £300k CEO to the fans who put their heart and soul into the club? To the elderly fans who spent months in the dark, as they don’t have social media or forums to keep in touch with.

The whole club was literally padlocked for months... the state of Ewood being testimony to that.

But then I don’t expect anything else from that shell of an organisation .

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

What really got me, was when we heard literally nothing from the Bristol City game in February being postponed until the summer, and that was a re-written EFL press release. I didn’t expect a weekly ‘diary of a furloughed club shop worker’, but nothing from the £300k CEO to the fans who put their heart and soul into the club? To the elderly fans who spent months in the dark, as they don’t have social media or forums to keep in touch with.

The whole club was literally padlocked for months... the state of Ewood being testimony to that.

But then I don’t expect anything else from that shell of an organisation .

The absolute state of the bloke, who clearly should be nowhere near a higher level professional football club.

Typical of Venky's appointments in a key position.

• Like 3

On 05/06/2021 at 10:30, Mattyblue said:

It’s partly because Waggott doesn’t understand the fanbase. He came from Coventry, not a particularly big club, but with a decent sized city and county (Warwickshire) to themselves with the floating fanbase that goes with it.

His assumption would’ve been, 28,000 folk here today. Bang up the prices and I’ll still pick up a good few of them.

Doesn’t work like that here. Substantial gate increases in one summer have only happened on the back of BIG success (not second in L1) or competitive pricing... but who’s left in positions of power at the club to inform him?

In a nutshell basically but not many have realized it's a bit different around here. It's a tough little corner of the UK it almost has its own economic and social climate differing from even 15 miles away.

Thing is though this guy was at Charlton, a club going rapidly backwards and acclimatizing to lower league football. Also Coventry who were in an even worse situation.  So obviously that's a level he's suited too and probably more comfortable at.

When he pitched up here we ended up in the start of an upward curve for the first time in years. Neither he nor his manager had the first clue how to keep that going, preferring instead a 'job done' mentality.  Then just settle in nicely to be a mid level championship club.

The ambitions of the club and it's traditions are above their capabilities. So now it seems we have to come down to that because although this club can punch above it's weight those running it cannot.

• Like 7

Not to worry. It will soon be late May or early June when Waggott said they would be announced.

Another miss by the club. Bit of a habit this isn't it?

I'd have a lot more respect if they just admitted that for some weird reason the owners have to authorise everything and there has been radio silence from them. This is why we can't extend deals and why Mowbray is still going through the motions.

• Like 4

Putting Covid to one side, every chance we have gates smaller than Burnley, Preston, Bolton, maybe Blackpool and only several thousand up on Accy fecking Stanley next season…

Imagine your reaction if somebody had said that to you the day before this lot darkened our door. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Putting Covid to one side, every chance we have gates smaller than Burnley, Preston, Bolton and only several thousand up on Accy fecking Stanley next season…

Imagine your reaction if somebody had said that to you the day before this lot darkened our door. 

…I do agree Matty, that , “ this lot darkened our door”…..but, the reason I shall  not be returning to Ewood , is the fact that ……..

…….Mowbray darkens it further. If he were to go the ticket sales would increase considerably. Currently, there is no communication, no interest, no hope …as I’ve said before , on other topics I envy Bolton, Blackpool, Stanley, Wigan fans …they have had their shackles of mismanagement removed…ours remain firmly in place.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Not to worry. It will soon be late May or early June when Waggott said they would be announced.

Another miss by the club. Bit of a habit this isn't it?

I'd have a lot more respect if they just admitted that for some weird reason the owners have to authorise everything and there has been radio silence from them. This is why we can't extend deals and why Mowbray is still going through the motions.

It just made me laugh seeing their latest feature on the website is "important dates fot your diary".

Maybe they need an open letter highlighting important dates for their's.

Unbelievable audacity.

The STs will all be linked to the accounts, budget, FFP, transfer embargo. Won't be a weird reason. Just a spiral of incompetance by the owners, CEO and Manager meaning we are fairly well screwed.

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

All roads lead back to the owners.

The likes of Mowbray stinking the place out year after year as gates drop and drop wouldn’t have ever been tolerated under JW et al.

The daft thing is, Williams would have taken action and Mowbray would have been fully understanding of the reason. “All part and parcel of the game”.

He must pinch himself every time he wakes up. Absolute lottery ticket.

Sharpe confirming Season Tickets are not even imminent.

Except all the possible excuses given apply to every other club so not excuses at all.

Ah but also confirming the accounts are mysteriously still outstanding. Deliberately delaying posting until the last possible second (obviously bad news), most likely a £20 million loss.

Confirming again we are currently under a transfer embargo & not doing much to get out of it except hoping Arma sells.

We will be under a full embargo when it all unravels around June 30th. Venkys know. Waggott knows. Mowbray knows. Sharpe knows. We all know.

I don't think we will be under an embargo. If we will be I would like to know how everyone else has avoided it given the impact of Covid 19.

I firmly believe that the stooges at Ewood will be using FFP as a convenient excuse for a lack of spending. Hell of a lot easier than admitting the owners have turned the taps off and helps justify no spending, price hikes and player sales.

If we are under an embargo then Waggott and Cheston should both resign for taking us there after starting with effectively a blank canvas in 2017 and spending the last 4 years claiming to be managing things sensibly.

Just where does the money go? 

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Sharpe confirming Season Tickets are not even imminent.

Except all the possible excuses given apply to every other club so not excuses at all.

Ah but also confirming the accounts are mysteriously still outstanding. Deliberately delaying posting until the last possible second (obviously bad news), most likely a £20 million loss.

Confirming again we are currently under a transfer embargo & not doing much to get out of it except hoping Arma sells.

We will be under a full embargo when it all unravels around June 30th. Venkys know. Waggott knows. Mowbray knows. Sharpe knows. We all know.

All good apart from that 👎

In the last couple of days Fulham and Blackpool have both started selling season tickets. Fulham have frozen renewals at last season's prices starting from £349 and for new buyers prices start from £399.

Blackpool are starting from £279 for renewals.

There go another 2 rival clubs, so by my reckoning the only ones not to be selling tickets now are ourselves, West Brom, Hull and Derby.

Amazing isn't it. This pandemic and all the problems it presents only seems to apply to Blackburn. Fulham, with a smaller ground, much higher levels of demand and relegation don't seem to be restricted like we are. Their owner/board don't see any point in 'waiting to see what happens'.

Presume something is *fairly* imminent, looking at this.

‘Back to Live’ is the marketing slogan, then. Though, knowing this club, they could mean ‘back to live with our streaming service, as don’t know what we are selling, there’s a pandemic on’.

14504120-34A7-44BE-91A9-6B6E9D59503B.png

Edited by Mattyblue

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Presume something is *fairly* imminent, looking at this.

‘Back to Live’ is the marketing slogan, then. Though, knowing this club, they could mean ‘back to live with our streaming service, as don’t know what we are selling, there’s a pandemic on’.

14504120-34A7-44BE-91A9-6B6E9D59503B.png

If that is the case, considering the frustration that a lack of prices or indeed communication about season tickets has already cause, (and indeed about anything) it would surely be another PR own goal to delay it further due to bollocks like this!