BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He's on holiday until the middle of this week apparently, but wasn't really conspicuous before that either.

Would be nice if the reason was they were all getting the push.

I heard that he has been on holiday for the past couple of weeks

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

At normal organisations of this size and significance the place doesn't go dormant when the CEO is on his jollies.

Business continues 365 days per year.

Yet I get the distinct impression that unless Mowbray gets his conversion with India and returns from his hols and instructs everyone else then the whole thing just grinds to a halt and gathers dust.

Chip shop attitude and approach to a multi million pound business in one of the most competitive industries in the world.

Will be interesting to see what the season ticket offer is from the club when they announce which will be probably middle of next week when Waggott returns 

Far from ideal for many fans who wanted them on sale weeks ago and would have purchase them then. With restrictions likely to be end by them and the country back to some sort of normality, Fans want to get back supporting their team. 

As the first 2500 will be due a £168 discount the rules will play a key part in the prices. £420,000 burden to be shared by those lesser fans.

Plan A = £399 price freeze, no chance.

Plan B = £479 with no fans restrictions so probably 5000 STs

Plan C = £549 with 4000 fans. 1500 full paying and 2500 with "discount".

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

As the first 2500 will be due a £168 discount the rules will play a key part in the prices. £420,000 burden to be shared by those lesser fans.

Plan A = £399 price freeze, no chance.

Plan B = £479 with no fans restrictions so probably 5000 STs

Plan C = £549 with 4000 fans. 1500 full paying and 2500 with "discount".

These restrictions should be more relaxed than currently. 

Just got to look at the cricket match that allowed eighteen thousands people inside the ground. No reason we couldn't have similar at Ewood Park tho I don't expect 18k in. 

on prices, Rovers should be lower the prices to attract fans back into watching the club

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

These restrictions should be more relaxed than currently. 

Just got to look at the cricket match that allowed eighteen thousands people inside the ground. No reason we couldn't have similar at Ewood Park tho I don't expect 18k in. 

on prices, Rovers should be lower the prices to attract fans back into watching the club

With Mowbray still as manager, they could give the tickets away and still be lucky to crack 10,000. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Rich Sharpe has stated in his latest article that the club plan to announce ST plans this week apparently.

Late May or early June was the last timescale set at the Fans Forum. Another 3 weeks of sales lost.

Too late for me anyway. Even if I'd have wanted one I'm not sitting around all summer waiting. The money has been spent elsewhere.

Pleased that season tickets announcement will made this week. I have my season ticket money ready and have done for ages. 

Looking forward to getting back to Ewood Park and watching live football inside a stadium. Nothing like watching your live for me after being doing it for so long. Watching Rovers on TV or watch coverage the day after isn't normal and has been hard to take to be fair for a full season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pleased that season tickets announcement will made this week. I have my season ticket money ready and have done for ages. 

Apart from the fact you have made this up....

Did anybody mention to you that Mowbray is still here, we are under a transfer embargo and favourites for relegation ?

Crack on.

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Did anybody mention to you that Mowbray is still here, we are under a transfer embargo and favourites for relegation ?

Crack on.

Did anyone mention to you that you are making stuff up too?

We are joint 11th favourites for relegation with the bookies after a quick google search.

Please don’t crack on.

• Like 1

I popped down the club house at my local club tonight (step 4 of non league). Work is being done on the ground and pitch ahead of the new season. The manager was down there and I was chatting to him about the new season and he's got a few new players in already, pre season has been sorted and season tickets were put on sale this week. This is a club mainly run by volunteers. At Rovers we have a CEO on £300K a year yet every summer the club practically shuts down for a month or so after the season has finished.

The season starts in 7 weeks and we have a very weak squad, we don't know if we are going to be under an embargo, no sign of a new shirt yet (plenty of other club's already have theirs out) and no news on season tickets (nearly every other club has theirs already on sale).

We are just so far behind other club in how we operate it really is an embarrassment we are always behind the curve. There never seems to be any urgency from those running the club be it to get the accounts in on time to avoid an embargo, be it to get season tickets on sale which (Waggott claims is a big part of our income) or be it to get assets tied down on contract's so that we don't lose them for free. Whatever it is they just seem to be asleep at the wheel all the time.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Crack on.

Which part is made up? 

Does Mowbray being here changes the fact you are Blackburn Rovers supporter? 

We arent favourite for relegation so stop talking rubbish pal. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not on its own but as part of the continued neglect and running down of what was once a very well run club, it makes it very hard to want to pay out good money to watch them. For everyone there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. For some it was reached early on, when Kean was appointed, for others, its been reached now Mowbray appears to be staying. For others, it's been some other tipping point along the way.

It doesn't mean you're no longer a fan or a supporter. It just means that you make different choices. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Not on its own but as part of the continued neglect and running down of what was once a very well run club, it makes it very hard to want to pay out good money to watch them. For everyone there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. For some it was reached early on, when Kean was appointed, for others, its been reached now Mowbray appears to be staying. For others, it's been some other tipping point along the way.

It doesn't mean you're no longer a fan or a supporter. It just means that you make different choices. 

Spot on. I now feel alienated to a degree where I strongly feel I do not want to give the club any more money or attend home matches, as I would not feel comfortable being at the ground.

I am very sad that it has come to this, but unfortunately it has.

As a minimum requirement to change my feelings, Waggott and Mowbray would have to go.

On a separate note, whilst we may not be amongst the bookies favourites for relegation next season, I think some people need to wake up and smell the mustard.

I think we are in big trouble and can see Armstrong being sold for a cut down price just to balance the books. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Spot on. I now feel alienated to a degree where I strongly feel I do not want to give the club any more money or attend home matches, as I would not feel comfortable being at the ground.

I am very sad that it has come to this, but unfortunately it has.

As a minimum requirement to change my feelings, Waggott and Mowbray would have to go.

On a separate note, whilst we may not be amongst the bookies favourites for relegation next season, I think some people need to wake up and smell the mustard.

I think we are in big trouble and can see Armstrong being sold for a cut down price just to balance the books. 

Each to their own, but a simple “I will go when the CEO and manager leave” with no explanation, examples of potential solution - just a clean sweep of management (with the same coaches, players and owners I assume) seems like more likely to put us into league 1 than Armstrong moving on.

The irony for me compounded by the notion we’re “selling Armstrong to balance the books”… so I won’t give the club I support some money?

My own take on this thread - the none-renewers seem to take up 90% of posts with continued reasoning built in pessimism (some I share, much I do not). I personally wouldn’t be talking or thinking about something I’d already decided against, or got out of the habit of. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Each to their own, but a simple “I will go when the CEO and manager leave” with no explanation, examples of potential solution - just a clean sweep of management (with the same coaches, players and owners I assume) seems like more likely to put us into league 1 than Armstrong moving on.

The irony for me compounded by the notion we’re “selling Armstrong to balance the books”… so I won’t give the club I support some money?

My own take on this thread - the none-renewers seem to take up 90% of posts with continued reasoning built in pessimism (some I share, much I do not). I personally wouldn’t be talking or thinking about something I’d already decided against, or got out of the habit of. 

You need an explanation? Really?

Okay, (and I've already posted it several times), but for Mowbray not to be sacked after another terrible run of form, compounded by his ridiculous comments towards the end of last season was the final straw.

How can the manager of a professional football club survive after stating, on the record, that he doesn't care about the league table?

He also berates fans for daring to have a modicum of ambition, ("It's not 1995"). Absolutely pathetic conduct.

If Waggott is a suitable person to be Chief Executive, I'm a banana. 

Whilst some people ,(an ever decreasing minority), will choose to go come what may, I have just gone past that point now.

In terms of the financial situation, I feel no responsibility to keep giving money to a club being run by people who can afford to do better if they so choose.

Appoint a competent chief executive and let them run the show, instead of this crazy set up we have, with invisible, ignorant advisers pulling the strings.

If the worst comes to the worst, I would be there supporting a phoenix club in the future. 

• Like 9

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which part is made up? 

Does not buying a season ticket because Mowbray is still here make you any less a Rovers supporter ?

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Which part is made up? 

It shouldn’t matter if we were favourites for relegation. IMHO a fan is welcome to their opinion on any part of the club. Complain all we like but as ‘supporters’ we support the club by turning up…there’s a few with specific reasons (financial / personal)…fair enough.

The rest need to stop bleeting, get their hands in their pockets and get down to Ewood! 👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Brilliant post 👏🏼

34 minutes ago, martonrover said:

You need an explanation? Really?

Okay, (and I've already posted it several times), but for Mowbray not to be sacked after another terrible run of form, compounded by his ridiculous comments towards the end of last season was the final straw.

How can the manager of a professional football club survive after stating, on the record, that he doesn't care about the league table?

He also berates fans for daring to have a modicum of ambition, ("It's not 1995"). Absolutely pathetic conduct.

If Waggott is a suitable person to be Chief Executive, I'm a banana. 

Whilst some people ,(an ever decreasing minority), will choose to go come what may, I have just gone past that point now.

In terms of the financial situation, I feel no responsibility to keep giving money to a club being run by people who can afford to do better if they so choose.

Appoint a competent chief executive and let them run the show, instead of this crazy set up we have, with invisible, ignorant advisers pulling the strings.

If the worst comes to the worst, I would be there supporting a phoenix club in the future. 

The first half of that post, I would share your level of pessimism in the idea we’ll go forward and improve with SW and TM, but I wouldn’t be comparing this to the point under Coyle (and I think it was shadow CEO Paul Senior) during ticket renewal, the despair, the writing on the wall - a lot more stark in my eyes then.

My post centred around a solution - you mention a new CEO and ownership style of running the club, including a new manager. Whilst an advantageous proposition, just how realistic is the success of this?

If that is the only way you’ll feel likely to renew - I can respect that position.

My view, the replacements for the previous version (Coyle / Senior) is our current setup - something absolutely in need of immediate replacement according to most here. Early Rao management teams incarnations included the Cumbernauld C*** and Shebby.

Hence why my personal approach and opinion is, this sort of change is likely to make little to no difference.

Hence why I’d probably stick to supporting the team on the pitch in the stadium, and focus all questions on expectations in future towards those above the manager and the CEO at Ewood. Through FF, and other means.

The part about finance though will always seem like “cutting off the nose to spite your own face” to me - particularly in the championship under owners who simply write a cheque and add it to debt. I wouldn’t call it a position of “responsibility” as you refer, but I would think of it as another few hundred pounds of revenue that goes towards helping us compete, even if it’s largely misspent in many peoples eyes.

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

Why would "a clean sweep" of (underperforming) management be more likely to put us in League 1 than Armstrong leaving? 

What a load of rubbish.

Whether people choose to renew their season ticket if Mowbray stays is very much a matter of personal preference. Many won't and I think you'd be in a very substantial minority if you think that replacing Mowbray and his coaching staff wouldn't lead to a substantial improvement on the pitch.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

West Brom just announced £329 season tickets.

Just us and Derby to go now.

Did I imagine the part about us being short on money?

Can you imagine the irony if we get placed under another transfer embargo and we haven't even put season tickets on sale at that point?

• Like 2