BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

39 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why would "a clean sweep" of (underperforming) management be more likely to put us in League 1 than Armstrong leaving? 

What a load of rubbish.

Whether people choose to renew their season ticket if Mowbray stays is very much a matter of personal preference. Many won't and I think you'd be in a very substantial minority if you think that replacing Mowbray and his coaching staff wouldn't lead to a substantial improvement on the pitch.

I read his point as merely sacking them both would be a good enough reason to return to Ewood.

I would prefer to know who by and in what format they’re being replaced, before i’d be 100% certain it would be any better.

Merely sacking them both with no plan and the same ownership mentality would probably see a downgrade in my opinion, and no amount of pessimism here is going to change that.

Edited by JBiz

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It shouldn’t matter if we were favourites for relegation. IMHO a fan is welcome to their opinion on any part of the club. Complain all we like but as ‘supporters’ we support the club by turning up…there’s a few with specific reasons (financial / personal)…fair enough.

The rest need to stop bleeting, get their hands in their pockets and get down to Ewood! 👍🏼

The hypocrisy of such words from someone who refused to attend under Coyle surely isnt lost on you?

No one has to justify their attendance or moreso lack of to anyone.

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I read his point as merely sacking them both would be a good enough reason to return to Ewood.

I would prefer to know who by and in what format they’re being replaced, before i’d be 100% certain it would be any better.

Merely sacking them both with no plan and the same ownership mentality would probably see a downgrade in my opinion, and no amount of pessimism here is going to change that.

Re the last paragraph- we wouldn’t know ahead of time who Mowbray was going to be replaced with anyhow, so that’s a bit of a moot point….

It’s not really pessimism, if we’ve seen what should have been a good season last season ruined by Mowbray’s catastrophic death spiral.

Just now, K-Hod said:

Re the last paragraph- we wouldn’t know ahead of time who Mowbray was going to be replaced with anyhow, so that’s a bit of a moot point….

It’s not really pessimism, if we’ve seen what should have been a good season last season ruined by Mowbray’s catastrophic death spiral.

I personally wouldn’t attribute all current issues and all future expectations being met by changing the manager.

I also wouldn’t use that as a reason not to renew or contribute to the club by attendance or spending.

Its really that simple.

9 minutes ago, JBiz said:

I personally wouldn’t attribute all current issues and all future expectations being met by changing the manager.

I also wouldn’t use that as a reason not to renew or contribute to the club by attendance or spending.

Its really that simple.

You may not use it as a reason for not renewing. I would. We all have different viewpoints. If I am buying something, then I find that I do not like it. I stop buying it.

Edited by rigger

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Its really that simple.

You may well have answered this so apologies if so and I appreciate that this isnt directly the point that you are arguing. But, putting any predictions as to what would happen after regarding who we appoint or moreso who Venkys would appoint to one side, if the decision was down to you, would you sack Mowbray or keep him, does he deserve to keep his job in your opinion?

For what its worth, like yourself and despite my own pessimism at the moment around the club, I dont intend to change my spending habits either. I will get a season ticket when they finally pull their fingers out of their arses, and I dont buy shirts or overpriced rubbish from the club shop anyway. It makes no difference to the club anyway in that if season tickets were very low it wouldnt make a difference. The owners dont care, that is obvious.

I feel like there is a sudden surge of hypocrisy and also people retreating to their ivory towers again all of a sudden. I got a season ticket even when we had Kean and Coyle, I dont have those levels of despair but I am struggling to be positive and indeed am enjoying the distraction of the Euros. I dont like how some people try and question other peoples support based on whether they continue to attend etc. It should be the clubs desire to get those fans in, not the duty of some fans to shame others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You may well have answered this so apologies if so and I appreciate that this isnt directly the point that you are arguing. But, putting any predictions as to what would happen after regarding who we appoint or moreso who Venkys would appoint to one side, if the decision was down to you, would you sack Mowbray or keep him, does he deserve to keep his job in your opinion?

For what its worth, like yourself and despite my own pessimism at the moment around the club, I dont intend to change my spending habits either. I will get a season ticket when they finally pull their fingers out of their arses, and I dont buy shirts or overpriced rubbish from the club shop anyway. It makes no difference to the club anyway in that if season tickets were very low it wouldnt make a difference. The owners dont care, that is obvious.

I feel like there is a sudden surge of hypocrisy and also people retreating to their ivory towers again all of a sudden. I got a season ticket even when we had Kean and Coyle, I dont have those levels of despair but I am struggling to be positive and indeed am enjoying the distraction of the Euros. I dont like how some people try and question other peoples support based on whether they continue to attend etc. It should be the clubs desire to get those fans in, not the duty of some fans to shame others.

Based on last season he should’ve been sacked. At a well run club he would’ve been disposed of in March/April.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

The first half of that post, I would share your level of pessimism in the idea we’ll go forward and improve with SW and TM, but I wouldn’t be comparing this to the point under Coyle (and I think it was shadow CEO Paul Senior) during ticket renewal, the despair, the writing on the wall - a lot more stark in my eyes then.

My post centred around a solution - you mention a new CEO and ownership style of running the club, including a new manager. Whilst an advantageous proposition, just how realistic is the success of this?

If that is the only way you’ll feel likely to renew - I can respect that position.

My view, the replacements for the previous version (Coyle / Senior) is our current setup - something absolutely in need of immediate replacement according to most here. Early Rao management teams incarnations included the Cumbernauld C*** and Shebby.

Hence why my personal approach and opinion is, this sort of change is likely to make little to no difference.

Hence why I’d probably stick to supporting the team on the pitch in the stadium, and focus all questions on expectations in future towards those above the manager and the CEO at Ewood. Through FF, and other means.

The part about finance though will always seem like “cutting off the nose to spite your own face” to me - particularly in the championship under owners who simply write a cheque and add it to debt. I wouldn’t call it a position of “responsibility” as you refer, but I would think of it as another few hundred pounds of revenue that goes towards helping us compete, even if it’s largely misspent in many peoples eyes.

I also respect your position and opinion and if people still choose to attend, that’s fine.

I think we need to differentiate between “success” and likelihood.

I believe such a move, (restructuring to a tried and tested model of a competent CEO running the show), would at least have a chance of being successful.

Will the owners suddenly realise this and implement such a change? Highly unlikely.

Whilst the structure and personnel we have in place now are a slight improvement on the Coyle / Senior era, it is still a set up for continuing failure, and mid table Championship will be the bar.

The manager has often spoken of development and growth of the team, but here we are on the cliff edge, yet again.

He has failed to deliver and any change of division now is likely to be in a downward direction.

The manager has to take a good part of the responsibility for this and we can’t blame his ridiculous comments on the owners, (other than he should already have been sacked before he made them).

Realistically, we are way past the point of “just get behind the lads”. You are simply not going to fill a stadium of clapping / cheering fans under these circumstances.

The owners and club hierarchy have to take the lead in setting their stall up properly, (not too much to ask), and give the supporters a belief that success is attainable.

That is the only way current gloom will be lifted.

I have no problem at all not wasting money by propping up a regime that will never be good for Blackburn Rovers.

Hopefully, one day there will be a change of ownership and we can all unite in our support of the club again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It shouldn’t matter if we were favourites for relegation. IMHO a fan is welcome to their opinion on any part of the club. Complain all we like but as ‘supporters’ we support the club by turning up…there’s a few with specific reasons (financial / personal)…fair enough.

The rest need to stop bleeting, get their hands in their pockets and get down to Ewood! 👍🏼

As a supporter I chose not to support the current regime at the club - in fact, I actively oppose it.

I am a supporter and believe the best way to support the club is to try everything possible to persuade the current owners to leave. One of the few weapons I have is to not attend home matches.

I wouldn't consider this bleating ( or bleeting! - this would get you zero points in scrabble ) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

I

Realistically, we are way past the point of “just get behind the lads”. You are simply not going to fill a stadium of clapping / cheering fans under these circumstances.

The owners and club hierarchy have to take the lead in setting their stall up properly, (not too much to ask), and give the supporters a belief that success is attainable.

That is the only way current gloom will be lifted.

I have no problem at all not wasting money by propping up a regime that will never be good for Blackburn Rovers.

Hopefully, one day there will be a change of ownership and we can all unite in our support of the club again.

Very good post - I’d add the lack of creative communications from the current setup above the manager, and I can’t see that changing without a complete change of direction from those at the very top (the Rao’s).

In terms of “propping up a regime” I wouldn’t call renewal an example of this personally. To me it’s not a thumbs up, or a pledge of support to that specific aspect of the current club.

Id argue it’s more difficult to make your feelings known about the current state of play without being in the stadium - this potentially the reason why TM has survived last season.

Along with that, a myriad of reasons why I’d want to go regularly when possible again - and the thought of a home game to open the season up on the 7th of August, Sunny day, pint in the WMC, and a live match in the stadium - can’t wait whatever happens.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gumboots said:

Not on its own but as part of the continued neglect and running down of what was once a very well run club, it makes it very hard to want to pay out good money to watch them. For everyone there is a straw that breaks the camel's back. For some it was reached early on, when Kean was appointed, for others, its been reached now Mowbray appears to be staying. For others, it's been some other tipping point along the way.

No manager will never force me not to buy a season ticket whether I agree or not they should be manager of my club. I wasn't of Kean or Coyle being manager. I came close to given up my ST when Coyle was appointed but then thats would be letting down my club I supporter all my life and not able to see my team live inside a stadium. 

I have fully supported appointments of Hughes, Bowyer and Lambert. 

Look at the selling of training ground factlities and I was dead against that from moment one and posted it on the messageboard and sign the fan petition that Rev did. 

This is my club and there is nothing more I would want to do on Saturday afternoon then go to Ewood Park and support my club that has part of my life for so long now. I have great memories of being there at Ewood Park and they will live will me for the rest of my life

8 hours ago, rigger said:

Does not buying a season ticket because Mowbray is still here make you any less a Rovers supporter ?

nope

7 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I want like to see as many supporters inside Ewood Park as possible backing the club and the players regardless who is in the manager hotseat

Apologies in advance for the length of this…

Towards the end of the Bowyer years I just got up and walked out of a game in February because I realised I’d had enough at that point. Couldn’t tell you what tipped it, not the worst situation we had been in before or since, but I’d had enough. I had some health issues and stuff going on in my personal life and Rovers were exacerbating my worries rather than providing any escape, let alone enjoyment.

From being active in groups, protesting etc I just walked away for the remainder of that season and into the beginning of the next. My season ticket went unused - couldn’t give it away. I barely kept up with what was going on in the papers and here, didn’t even listen to games, only really checked the results. I went the longest I’d ever been without setting foot in Ewood despite living abroad for several years (until Covid at least).

I attended the meeting at Blakey’s the following September and that reignited my desire. I was attending meetings, protests and games again, a lot of my time and effort went in to this primarily because I was completely pissed off with the whole situation. The anger is better than the previous numbness though. For 6 months or so I just didn’t care.

I’ve only actually bought only a handful of tickets since then and now. Members of my family or friends don’t make their plans to revolve around Rovers games these days and more often than not there was a spare ticket. On at least 3 occasions someone I know has spotted me in the queue at the ticket window and given me a spare they have had going begging. This suited me as I did begrudge parting with my money when the club was being mismanaged like it was.

At times I’ve had stick from some quarters for that stance, from people who had been supportive to me previously. That’s fine, but it’s also part of the reason I won’t pass comment on anyone else’s decision to attend or not. Besides, the people who have just drifted away into indifference are the ones everyone, especially those within the club, need to be worrying about. At least when people are protesting/boycotting they care enough to make an emotional decision. I know loads of people who have just stopped bothering even before covid. It’ll be even more now.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found my boycott pointless for the most part. I’ve been quite stubborn with it, and when I did nearly waver and buy a ST 2 years back but I felt that Waggott failed to follow up with assurances he gave. Lots of times I felt I’d cut my nose off to spite my face… Times I haven’t been able to sit with my brother, my Dad (who is adamant he isn’t renewing this time) and my mates. Missing out on away trips. Then a very slight upturn after the lowest point the club had sunk to in my lifetime was enough for “boycotters” to be widely criticised. It became hard work.

Having barely left the house in the last 18 months, and despite being in a poor financial situation due to Covid I really want to have something of a social life again and am fully intending on buying a season ticket (my “not a penny more” approach is gone as I bought every game on ifollow this season). Things are crap… not the worst they’ve been. I think Mowbray is past his sell by date and Waggott is useless, but it’s just more of the same under Venky’s. But I do want to go at this point. A boycott makes as much difference as £300 for a season ticket makes to the black hole that is our finances - none.

Barring any idiotic decisions on pricing - a distinct possibility, I know - I’ll be buying one. I’d have done so by now if they’d pulled their finger out.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No manager will never force me not to buy a season ticket whether I agree or not they should be manager of my club. I wasn't of Kean or Coyle being manager. I came close to given up my ST when Coyle was appointed but then thats would be letting down my club I supporter all my life and not able to see my team live inside a stadium. 

I have fully supported appointments of Hughes, Bowyer and Lambert. 

Look at the selling of training ground factlities and I was dead against that from moment one and posted it on the messageboard and sign the fan petition that Rev did. 

This is my club and there is nothing more I would want to do on Saturday afternoon then go to Ewood Park and support my club that has part of my life for so long now. I have great memories of being there at Ewood Park and they will live will me for the rest of my life

Best. Rovers. Fan. Ever.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Apologies in advance for the length of this…

Towards the end of the Bowyer years I just got up and walked out of a game in February because I realised I’d had enough at that point. Couldn’t tell you what tipped it, not the worst situation we had been in before or since, but I’d had enough. I had some health issues and stuff going on in my personal life and Rovers were exacerbating my worries rather than providing any escape, let alone enjoyment.

From being active in groups, protesting etc I just walked away for the remainder of that season and into the beginning of the next. My season ticket went unused - couldn’t give it away. I barely kept up with what was going on in the papers and here, didn’t even listen to games, only really checked the results. I went the longest I’d ever been without setting foot in Ewood despite living abroad for several years (until Covid at least).

I attended the meeting at Blakey’s the following September and that reignited my desire. I was attending meetings, protests and games again, a lot of my time and effort went in to this primarily because I was completely pissed off with the whole situation. The anger is better than the previous numbness though. For 6 months or so I just didn’t care.

I’ve only actually bought only a handful of tickets since then and now. Members of my family or friends don’t make their plans to revolve around Rovers games these days and more often than not there was a spare ticket. On at least 3 occasions someone I know has spotted me in the queue at the ticket window and given me a spare they have had going begging. This suited me as I did begrudge parting with my money when the club was being mismanaged like it was.

At times I’ve had stick from some quarters for that stance, from people who had been supportive to me previously. That’s fine, but it’s also part of the reason I won’t pass comment on anyone else’s decision to attend or not. Besides, the people who have just drifted away into indifference are the ones everyone, especially those within the club, need to be worrying about. At least when people are protesting/boycotting they care enough to make an emotional decision. I know loads of people who have just stopped bothering even before covid. It’ll be even more now.

For what it’s worth, I’ve found my boycott pointless for the most part. I’ve been quite stubborn with it, and when I did nearly waver and buy a ST 2 years back but I felt that Waggott failed to follow up with assurances he gave. Lots of times I felt I’d cut my nose off to spite my face… Times I haven’t been able to sit with my brother, my Dad (who is adamant he isn’t renewing this time) and my mates. Missing out on away trips. Then a very slight upturn after the lowest point the club had sunk to in my lifetime was enough for “boycotters” to be widely criticised. It became hard work.

Having barely left the house in the last 18 months, and despite being in a poor financial situation due to Covid I really want to have something of a social life again and am fully intending on buying a season ticket (my “not a penny more” approach is gone as I bought every game on ifollow this season). Things are crap… not the worst they’ve been. I think Mowbray is past his sell by date and Waggott is useless, but it’s just more of the same under Venky’s. But I do want to go at this point. A boycott makes as much difference as £300 for a season ticket makes to the black hole that is our finances - none.

Barring any idiotic decisions on pricing - a distinct possibility, I know - I’ll be buying one. I’d have done so by now if they’d pulled their finger out.

It’s not so much of a boycott for me. It’s more that I’ve just come to the point where I feel so alienated that I have little or no emotional attachment to the club anymore, (which is something I never imagined could happen), and I actively do not want to attend games, particularly at Ewood Park.

• Like 1

A performance-related coach who doesn't care where in the league we finish isn't normal.

Just as it wasn't normal to not want to win the League 1 title.

Just as it isn't normal to keep your job after 1 win in 15. 

Just as it isn't normal to recommend who your new boss should be to the owners. 

Just as it isn't normal to say you aren't a results-based manager.

Anyone buying a season ticket is willingly supporting that bullshit.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s not so much of a boycott for me. It’s more that I’ve just come to the point where I feel so alienated that I have little or no emotional attachment to the club anymore, (which is something I never imagined could happen), and I actively do not want to attend games, particularly at Ewood Park.

Liked this post, but it’s the wrong reaction. It’s awful that long-standing fans are now feeling like that, though completely understandable given the last 11 years.

The fact you still care enough to come on here is a good sign though. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Stockport have sold 2000 season tickets already - they are non league 

Another club that has been through the trials of bad owners and emerged the other side with fans fully engaged meanwhile at Rovers it looks more and more like the support has received a life sentence with no prospect of parole

• Like 3

Waggot and his commercial and marketing teams are a disgrace. On the back of months of no live football, they should be doing all they can to generate interest around season tickets and the comng season.

All we have is radio silence, not a peep. Any modern, consumer-centric business would be all over us with marketing, trying to get us to spend our money.

The whole model to season ticket renewals is so outdated. We live in a world of subscriptions - Netflix, Prime etc. - and people quickly get used to monthly payments for services. I don't see why they can't come out with a similar model, whereby we have a membership subscription which covers ticket pricing, premium online content, away game travel...that sort of thing. They'd then have regular income and a captive audience. With a bit of forethought, they could have done this a year ago and kept supporters on board; what they'll now likely have is the lowest ST uptake in a generation.

Edited by Wheelton Blue
  • Like 4