BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

2 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

We still have super fans on FB who will not accept the club is under embargo and will defend the club not selling STs its beyond pathetic its now moronic

I haven't seen many posts defending not selling season tickets. I have seen a few saying they won't buy season tickets. The way we get players at the moment an embargo could be a godsend.

17 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You stopped going because of Coyle. 

Yeah, hence why I said ‘due to financial or personal reasons’ ….there were some personal reasons for me not liking him.

The point of my post was that unless there’s something really preventing us (I even went religiously during Kean’s reign) then get down to the ground and support the team.

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, hence why I said ‘due to financial or personal reasons’ ….there were some personal reasons for me not liking him.

The point of my post was that unless there’s something really preventing us (I even went religiously during Kean’s reign) then get down to the ground and support the team.

Personal reasons? You sure? You just said he made your skin crawl but you didn't know why.

I'm not getting down to the ground and supporting a manager who isn't results-based. You wouldn't even get a Sunday League manager saying that let alone a manager of a Tier 2 professional club. 

I'll be back when he fooks off and we get a manager who at least pretends to care where we finish. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Personal reasons? You sure? You just said he made your skin crawl but you didn't know why.

I'm not getting down to the ground and supporting a manager who isn't results-based. You wouldn't even get a Sunday League manager saying that let alone a manager of a Tier 2 professional club. 

I'll be back when he fooks off and we get a manager who at least pretends to care where we finish. 

Yeah, personal reasons, the guy made my skin crawl!

You seem very defensive about this as if it was directed at you? It genuinely wasn't…I couldn’t care less if you (personally) go to the match or not. Your call 👍🏼

Edited by Paul Mani

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, personal reasons, the guy made my skin crawl!

You seem very defensive about this as if it was directed at you? It genuinely wasn't…I couldn’t care less if you (personally) go to the match or not. Your call 👍🏼

So you didn't get behind your club and get down to Ewood when Coyle was here. Just confirming. Cheers

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

You must see the hypocrisy in what you say. You dont need to justify not going under Coyle but equally you have no right for others who may make the same choice with Mowbray.

• Like 3

‘Personal reasons’ being you didn’t like the manager at the time… so a few years later others are following your example and are also not going because of their feelings re a manager, yet you believe this is different, why’s that?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Top notch superfan bantz👍

Only ever hear that phrase here…! Which reminds me of a certain poster suggesting “the fans” working against the “know summats” are somewhat culpable for the scenario we face.

In my opinion - pure cathartic “rubbish”

Where in this post do I say or suggest that you should continue going if you can’t stand Mowbray? I say if you have “specific reasons (financial or personal)” then fair enough…

I think the fact that certain posters have jumped on this so defensively assuming I’m referring to Mowbray says much more about those individuals and the questions they’re asking themselves.

D822483C-0931-4F8F-BAEC-36F493144774.jpeg

Edited by Paul Mani

One of the main reasons folk stop going to matches is when they’ve had enough of a manager and the product they put on the pitch. If that’s a ‘personal’ reason, then so is every choice a fan makes for knocking it on the head.

But then surely by your mantra of ‘ “supporters” we support by turning up’, not liking the manager isn’t a good enough reason to not go, putting up with poor managers is simply part of being a fan, no?

Edited by Mattyblue

Speaking randomly to two fans who i don't know personally over the last couple of weeks.

One guy who i presumed to be into his retirement years and comfortable wouldn't entertain any notion of staying away. His words were you got to just go down and back the boys. The rest doesn't matter whether i like it or not it's just the way football is and out of my control.

I wouldn't call him a superfan just someone who has his own take on it and accepts it as the way it is.  I'm not saying he's right though either by the way.

The other guy middle aged working all hours said he'd become resigned to the fact of what Rovers are these days and just goes a few times per season. Said he's in it for the long haul but he's pissed off with the ownership and manager. However he's boycotted in the past as well as ignoring it and going all the time.

Now he's settled into to what many have always done with Rovers, 1st game of season, bank hol fixtures, last game of season, 1 or 2 local away games for a piss up. Will go the odd other big game or a bit more if they are playing well but otherwise the passion isn't there anymore. Just goes a bit because he always has.

To be honest he's the kind of fan not long ago i used to despise but i can understand it now. We have thousands like that, always have and with money so tight in Blackburn the football soon slips down the agenda if people feel short changed or are having the piss took out of them.

That's been a plenty in the Venky era and no doubt accounts for several thousand of the regular 10k empty home seats.

Aside from bemoaning the fact we can't turn out Alan Shearer & Chris Sutton anymore what does the club ever do to get these fans back, because they are out there ?

Nothing.

• Like 4

Totally agree with that analysis.

Again, speaking anecdotally what I’ve noticed this past twelve months is even with fans I would have always seen as fanatics, the club just rarely even gets mentioned in conversations anymore.

Obviously, the pandemic is part of that, but that just adds to the fiendishly difficult job it will be to flog a decent amount of STs… and who at the club cares or is switched on enough to put that graft in?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Speaking randomly to two fans who i don't know personally over the last couple of weeks.

One guy who i presumed to be into his retirement years and comfortable wouldn't entertain any notion of staying away. His words were you got to just go down and back the boys. The rest doesn't matter whether i like it or not it's just the way football is and out of my control.

I wouldn't call him a superfan just someone who has his own take on it and accepts it as the way it is.  I'm not saying he's right though either by the way.

The other guy middle aged working all hours said he'd become resigned to the fact of what Rovers are these days and just goes a few times per season. Said he's in it for the long haul but he's pissed off with the ownership and manager. However he's boycotted in the past as well as ignoring it and going all the time.

Now he's settled into to what many have always done with Rovers, 1st game of season, bank hol fixtures, last game of season, 1 or 2 local away games for a piss up. Will go the odd other big game or a bit more if they are playing well but otherwise the passion isn't there anymore. Just goes a bit because he always has.

To be honest he's the kind of fan not long ago i used to despise but i can understand it now. We have thousands like that, always have and with money so tight in Blackburn the football soon slips down the agenda if people feel short changed or are having the piss took out of them.

That's been a plenty in the Venky era and no doubt accounts for several thousand of the regular 10k empty home seats.

Aside from bemoaning the fact we can't turn out Alan Shearer & Chris Sutton anymore what does the club ever do to get these fans back, because they are out there ?

Nothing.

Absolutely perfect examples of what the wider thought process will be - I personally fall into the first persons mindset but would add that a large portion of my rationale for regular support is what I get out of it without even considering the actual match.

• Like 1

No problem with people choosing to attend, but this is not really Blackburn Rovers for me and ,clearly, the issues go much deeper than the manager. 

It’s a parasite riddled corpse which I cannot support.

I would rather not attend at all than be there in the wrong spirit.

I understand the logic of people saying go along and give the manager grief, or go along and cheer the lads, but the reality will be a three quarters empty ground where the only noise will be coming from the away end.

I sincerely hope to be back one day if / when the parasites are smoked out and right minded people are running the club again, even if we are not successful on the pitch.

Anyway, I don’t want to over egg the pudding, so will now shut up.

I still like visiting the message board to have a gander and will continue to do so.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Absolutely perfect examples of what the wider thought process will be - I personally fall into the first persons mindset but would add that a large portion of my rationale for regular support is what I get out of it without even considering the actual match.

I think for me now part of the problem is there is no craic anymore so it's just about the football and associated stuff. Once the fun goes out out of it i suppose everything else on that side of it gets magnified.

Coming from well out of town and driving it's a case of go down, park up, coffee, game then off home again. Hardly any fecker goes anymore from our old crew, some of that down to just being fed up of this ownership era and some just down to life.

A few more might make the effort if it's worth watching or cheap enough to no really matter. I think the point is some people need their interest stimulating every now and again one way or another. It's that kind of club and town and it takes more than just blind loyalty to get bods through the door regularly.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

One of the main reasons folk stop going to matches is when they’ve had enough of a manager and the product they put on the pitch. If that’s a ‘personal’ reason, then so is every choice a fan makes for knocking it on the head.

But then surely by your mantra of ‘ “supporters” we support by turning up’, not liking the manager isn’t a good enough reason to not go, putting up with poor managers is simply part of being a fan, no?

My post stated my belief / opinion that supporters should ‘support’ their club by turning up, paying their money and watching their team.

In my opinion, the only reason for stopping should be when you are personally effected. My own tipping point was Coyle. The guy literally made my skin crawl….his actions, his words everything. I completely disengaged from the club, message boards, everything for a period of time. It was personal. There’s also times that people are struggling financially, emotionally etc…again no problems, we all make sacrifices at times.

BUT in my opinion the vast majority of supporters sit in a middle band. That middle band is a place (that I sit) where we ask ourselves every summer, “should I renew?”. Sometimes it’s an easy decision - you’re flush and TM is promising the world (sigh) and other times it’s more difficult (coming off the back of a global pandemic and a terrible season). But I always renew in that situation…because I’m a Blackburn Rovers supporter and it’s my duty to do so!

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I think for me now part of the problem is there is no craic anymore so it's just about the football and associated stuff. Once the fun goes out out of it i suppose everything else on that side of it gets magnified.

Coming from well out of town and driving it's a case of go down, park up, coffee, game then off home again. Hardly any fecker goes anymore from our old crew, some of that down to just being fed up of this ownership era and some just down to life.

A few more might make the effort if it's worth watching or cheap enough to no really matter. I think the point is some people need their interest stimulating every now and again one way or another. It's that kind of club and town and it takes more than just blind loyalty to get bods through the door regularly.

This is a great point!! I miss the craic too…

Why don’t we set up a social within here? We meet up early in one of the pubs close to the ground and start a new thing…be a lot more relaxed in person and prob improve the message board too?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

This is a great point!! I miss the craic too…

Why don’t we set up a social within here? We meet up early in one of the pubs close to the ground and start a new thing…be a lot more relaxed in person and prob improve the message board too?

Just spat coffee everywhere 😆 

• Like 2