BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just my opinion. Think this coming season will home fans only allow in stadiums. 

I thought restrictions were due to end, all being well, in June. Why/how can they stop away fans in August and beyond? They are on about having 90000 at Wembley for the Euros so on what possible basis could they prevent 1500 Rovers fans going to Birmingham?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No need to protest if will have a new manager in as some are suggesting. 

Yes it is my decision. After not being allowed to follow my team inside stadiums for the past 13 months and felt detached from watching my team during lockdowns. My and my friends cant wait to get back to Ewood Park. Shame about no away games but hey ho

No away games at all next season ?

whats been said , I’ve not heard anything about that

2 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

No away games at all next season ?

whats been said , I’ve not heard anything about that

I think Chaddy is working on the assumption that covid restrictions will still be in place next season. At present that is not the situation

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Would you be prepared to forego buying your season ticket if it put pressure on Mowbray and Waggott to leave?

If after the season we just had and we are finishing mid table this season after Mowbray's 3 year plan has been financially backed by Owners isnt enough to put pressure on Mowbray and his future then nothing well. Plus 3 wins in 18 games run and not scoring 24 1st halfs this season aswell. 2 very damning stats on Mowbray 

So the answer is no. Fans being in the stadium is a good thing. Mowbray been lucky no fans have been inside stadiums cos he would have felt the anger and displeasure from fans over results, performance and tactics.

10 hours ago, JHRover said:

I thought restrictions were due to end, all being well, in June. Why/how can they stop away fans in August and beyond? They are on about having 90000 at Wembley for the Euros so on what possible basis could they prevent 1500 Rovers fans going to Birmingham?

I cant see clubs being allow to have full stadiums and social distancing will be still in place even after June from what I read a few weeks ago. 

No chance you are going to have a full Wembley stadium for Euros. Possibly 33 to 50% full.. UEFA want Stadiums to be at least 25% full. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

We had tickets for the Croatia game. Received an email off them saying anyone who doesn’t want a refund will go into a ballot for 25,000 tickets. So either that’s the full allocation for that game or there’s another load of grey suits going. Either way defo not a full allocation. 

45 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If after the season we just had and we are finishing mid table this season after Mowbray's 3 year plan has been financially backed by Owners isnt enough to put pressure on Mowbray and his future then nothing well. Plus 3 wins in 18 games run and not scoring 24 1st halfs this season aswell. 2 very damning stats on Mowbray 

So the answer is no. Fans being in the stadium is a good thing. Mowbray been lucky no fans have been inside stadiums cos he would have felt the anger and displeasure from fans over results, performance and tactics.

You don’t need to buy a season ticket to go to games. By not buying one it will make a big statement.

Sadly people, even people like yourself who understand in a lot of detail what is happening, will not take a stand.

We have the manager we deserve and meanwhile we simply lose fans. Not through a protest or moral stance but through complete apathy.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I cant see clubs being allow to have full stadiums and social distancing will be still in place even after June from what I read a few weeks ago. 

No chance you are going to have a full Wembley stadium for Euros. Possibly 33 to 50% full.. UEFA want Stadiums to be at least 25% full. 

So your season ticket does not even give you priority to buy away tickets like it used to. Even less value at an increased (I suspect) price.

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

This does not mean back to normal life after June.

It means that everything should be open (stadiums, theatres, clubs, etc) WITH covid mitigation measures in place to allow them to open. This is what the present trials are all about. To formulate policy on what the measures will be.

Covid passports are discrimatory so it is likely to be testing before each match. Customer has to pay for test (as per foreign travel). From the club's point of view this will all need to be managed around ticket sales and safe entry to their site.

I don't see away games being an option straight away unless travel, ticket & testing are managed by the official club travel. Then I don't see how packed coaches are going to be a good plan. So I think away matches and home walk ons will be out and entry will be ST only. 4000 limit.

• Like 1

There'll be a 3rd wave here and it'll come in the 'flu' season which obviously is the main football season as well. It'll happen every year now this thing and its imported variants are here to stay. The vaccinations etc will help but flu season is flu season it's no coincidence that it's tailed off now as it did last year.

Once the air is warmer. drier and clearer, once it isn't it'll be getting a grip again. It would be a foolish man to bet against a lockdown 3 of some sort by Autumn/Winter.

That's before you factor in climate change policies / the Govt realizing the control this has presented them and all the conspiracies that go with it.

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Yes he's reached the end of the line but then I think Venky's must surely have more important things to address with their wealth in India rather than worrying about where we finish in the Championship.

Are you saying they should ignore the performance of their businesses because of Covid?

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, tomphil said:

There'll be a 3rd wave here and it'll come in the 'flu' season which obviously is the main football season as well. It'll happen every year now this thing and its imported variants are here to stay. The vaccinations etc will help but flu season is flu season it's no coincidence that it's tailed off now as it did last year.

Once the air is warmer. drier and clearer, once it isn't it'll be getting a grip again. It would be a foolish man to bet against a lockdown 3 of some sort by Autumn/Winter.

That's before you factor in climate change policies / the Govt realizing the control this has presented them and all the conspiracies that go with it.

We cannot continue having lockdowns. It isn’t sustainable. Furlough has made this work (at a very likely considerable expense unless there is an immediate economic bounce).

We are going to have to live with this virus at some point. Social distancing measures and not sustainable either. According to the road map, and subject to potentially being delayed, all legal limits on social are to end - at that point it will become common sense. At that point the level of distancing, and even mask wearing, should become a matter of personal choice.

Sadly in the modern world of health and safety and litigation, I expect businesses to be overly cautious and insist on masks and a level of distancing - potentially indefinitely. Regardless of manager and owners that would be the end for me. Like Parson, the whole point of live football is the social element. Without that, it becomes a one-way event, little more than a pantomime.

Once everyone has been offered the vaccine, it has to be a matter of individual choice. Crowds are needed back as soon as possible.

• Like 1

The line I imagine most fans when returning from an away game will have uttered many a time; ‘cracking day out, shame about the 90 minutes in the middle’.

This last year has made me appreciate just how much being a football fan is about the whole ritual and routine, as I find the actual modern sport on the pitch massively sterile and clinical. 

• Like 4

Just now, Stuart said:

Sadly in the modern world of health and safety and litigation, I expect businesses to be overly cautious and insist on masks and a level of distancing - potentially indefinitely.

SAGE/Whitty/JVT have said mask-wearing might become necessary for the next couple of Winters. Johnson disagreed publicly with JVT about it in a news conference.

Businesses will just follow the Govt advice, whatever that happens to be. 

The public's confidence in their own safety will be the biggest obstacle to returning once the green light is given. Well, apart from Mowbray's shit football.  

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

From the Govt:-

Step 4 - not before 21 June

Social contact

By Step 4 which will take place no earlier than 21 June, the government hopes to be in a position to remove all legal limits on social contact.

Business, activities and events

We hope to reopen remaining premises, including nightclubs, and ease the restrictions on large events and performances that apply in Step 3. This will be subject to the results of a scientific Events Research Programme to test the outcome of certain pilot events through the spring and summer, where we will trial the use of testing and other techniques to cut the risk of infection. The same Events Research Programme will guide decisions on whether all limits can be removed on weddings and other life events.

As we move through each of these phases in the roadmap, we must all remember that COVID-19 remains a part of our lives. We are going to have to keep living our lives differently to keep ourselves and others safe. We must carry on with ‘hands, face, space’. Comply with the COVID-Secure measures that remain in place. Meet outdoors when we can and keep letting fresh air in. Get tested when needed. Get vaccinated when offered. If we all continue to play our part, we will be that bit closer to a future that is more familiar.

12 hours ago, JHRover said:

From the PL:- 

Premier League’s penultimate round pushed back to allow up to 10,000 fans | Premier League | The Guardian

The English top flight was one of 10 signatories to a letter sent to political leaders last week endorsing the use of a Covid-19 certification status system whereby proof of vaccination, a recent negative test or antibody immunity must be provided to access a venue.

The league’s executive director, Bill Bush, told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme: “The alternative [to certification] is not freedom. The alternative is social distancing, tiny crowds, major restrictions on people’s movement and ability to eat, drink, travel. Away fans banned, for example. So to end those restrictions of freedom we believe that something like this is an acceptable burden to give fans the freedom to attend.”

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

We cannot continue having lockdowns. It isn’t sustainable. Furlough has made this work (at a very likely considerable expense unless there is an immediate economic bounce).

We are going to have to live with this virus at some point. Social distancing measures and not sustainable either. According to the road map, and subject to potentially being delayed, all legal limits on social are to end - at that point it will become common sense. At that point the level of distancing, and even mask wearing, should become a matter of personal choice.

Sadly in the modern world of health and safety and litigation, I expect businesses to be overly cautious and insist on masks and a level of distancing - potentially indefinitely. Regardless of manager and owners that would be the end for me. Like Parson, the whole point of live football is the social element. Without that, it becomes a one-way event, little more than a pantomime.

Once everyone has been offered the vaccine, it has to be a matter of individual choice. Crowds are needed back as soon as possible.

Agree with this.  Vaccines up and running and we have a scientific community able to adapt them to different variants.  Country needs to return to normal ASAP.  People need to accept there may be some risk going forward, just like sunbathing/smoking may lead to cancer or bad diet to heart disease.  By the end of summer, the risk of Covid will be mitigated as best it can. 

The younger generations have missed out on a lot this last year, they need their lives back.

Won't be going back to Ewood though unless big changes.  I am looking forward to getting to some  August tests against India though!

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

You don’t need to buy a season ticket to go to games. By not buying one it will make a big statement.

Sadly people, even people like yourself who understand in a lot of detail what is happening, will not take a stand.

We have the manager we deserve and meanwhile we simply lose fans. Not through a protest or moral stance but through complete apathy.

I would say its will be season tickets holders only at games even after June restrictions have gone. 

Also I want to get to support my team inside a stadium. I dont want to watch a stream or watch on TV every game of my team. After being ST holder for over 20 years now apart from the last 13 months I am used to watching my Rovers inside a stadium. No.Manager is going to stop me from doing that. Ince didnt, Kean didnt, Coyle didnt and Mowbray wont. 

Yes I want to change in the manager hot seat asap. But I can't force Venkys to do that. 

53 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Agree with this.  Vaccines up and running and we have a scientific community able to adapt them to different variants.  Country needs to return to normal ASAP.  People need to accept there may be some risk going forward, just like sunbathing/smoking may lead to cancer or bad diet to heart disease.  By the end of summer, the risk of Covid will be mitigated as best it can. 

The younger generations have missed out on a lot this last year, they need their lives back.

Won't be going back to Ewood though unless big changes.  I am looking forward to getting to some  August tests against India though!

Agree - especially the bit about young people missing out on a lot. The best years of their lives are being snatched from them for the sake of, let’s be blunt, people who have already had theirs.

Elderly and vulnerable people should have been asked to sacrifice some of their freedoms so that those keeping the economy (and their pension funds) going didn’t have to. The money spent on furlough could have paid for them to have gourmet meals delivered every day and free satellite TV and internet!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say its will be season tickets holders only at games even after June restrictions have gone. 

Also I want to get to support my team inside a stadium. I dont want to watch a stream or watch on TV every game of my team. After being ST holder for over 20 years now apart from the last 13 months I am used to watching my Rovers inside a stadium. No.Manager is going to stop me from doing that. Ince didnt, Kean didnt, Coyle didnt and Mowbray wont. 

Yes I want to change in the manager hot seat asap. But I can't force Venkys to do that. 

None of us can individually. But collectively we could make a statement.

Sadly that’s not how most Rovers fans think...

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What you will actually be supporting is a parasite infested carcass.

4 hours ago, Ianrally said:

Nail on head there OEB. Waggot will then be able to point out to Mrs. D, “Look how we have sold our full allocation of season tickets, what clever boys we are.”

Only if we sell 4000 season-tickets. I don't think, with Mowbray still manager, we will.

Edited by rigger

32 minutes ago, rigger said:

Only if we sell 4000 season-tickets. I don't think, with Mowbray still manager, we will.

I imagine we won’t be far away as the 2,500 that bought one this season will presumably sign up as they will be offered a heavily discounted price  (that’s if Waggott doesn’t find a way to weasel out of it) and I can certainly see another 1,500 buying one on top of that.

Though 4,000 would still be a calamitous 50 %+ drop on the last normal season and would see us back to mid 80s levels.

Edited by Mattyblue