BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And whilst what you have said about general price increases is correct perversely it could be another reason for many not to renew. Covid has given many an opportunity to reset and review their outgoings which is one reason that I (forlornly) thought something radical might happen with regard to season ticket prices. The real losers here are Blackburn Rovers as I fear attendances will be at a 30+ year low.

But Waggott won't bat an eyelid at that.

Never mind 30+ year low, we will be looking at record lows.

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

My point being most haven’t raised prices substantially since we were last allowed in grounds.

A braindead move, just like post Oxford.

Most including us? I don’t see a significant rise since pre covid for us?

Granted there is no discount and individual ticket prices have gone up again - but a “substantial” rise?

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

But I always renew in that situation…because I’m a Blackburn Rovers supporter and it’s my duty to do so!

Not sure why its your duty as a Rovers supporter to buy a season ticket. I would say its our duty, as supporters,  to do the best thing for the future of our club. 

In many people's opinion, the club would have a brighter future with different owners. As such, the best thing to do, as a supporter, is oppose the current regime. I believe it is my duty show my dissent by not buying a season ticket or any home match tickets. 

I am desperate to get back to Ewood to support the team on the pitch but I believe it is currently the wrong course of action for the future of the club. Carry on turning up as normal and Venky's / Waggott will carry on running the club into the ground. 

I like your idea of a BRFCS social at the pub/WMC though it would be good to meet everyone. I'd happily attend but would then trudge sadly home while the rest of you go off to the match. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Crimpshrine said:

Not sure why its your duty as a Rovers supporter to buy a season ticket. I would say its our duty, as supporters,  to do the best thing for the future of our club. 

In many people's opinion, the club would have a brighter future with different owners. As such, the best thing to do, as a supporter, is oppose the current regime. I believe it is my duty show my dissent by not buying a season ticket or any home match tickets. 

I am desperate to get back to Ewood to support the team on the pitch but I believe it is currently the wrong course of action for the future of the club. Carry on turning up as normal and Venky's / Waggott will carry on running the club into the ground. 

I like your idea of a BRFCS social at the pub/WMC though it would be good to meet everyone. I'd happily attend but would then trudge sadly home while the rest of you go off to the match. 

Then share your opinion in the stadium. You might have a point about “the best thing for the club long term” but then you may also be simply cutting off your nose to spite the face.

There’s more too being a rovers (or any football/rugby or sport) season ticket holder than simply turning up and achieving all our expectations.

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Most including us? I don’t see a significant rise since pre covid for us?

Granted there is no discount and individual ticket prices have gone up again - but a “substantial” rise?

My Riverside ticket has gone up by £80 from when I last bought one in 2019. I would say that's a substantial rise.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

OOOOO ...bad move Crimp ..a few sherberts down yer neck and a lil cajoling from those who are going and the temptation to go and buy a Match Day ticket will be looming large ..playing straight into Waggotts hands !!

Steer clear of the Ewood vicinity would be my suggestion ..

5 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Then share your opinion in the stadium. You might have a point about “the best thing for the club long term” but then you may also be simply cutting off your nose to spite the face.

There’s more too being a rovers (or any football/rugby or sport) season ticket holder than simply turning up and achieving all our expectations.

On principle I don't want to support the regime by putting money into their coffers.

If I did attend a home match and shared my opinion by shouting 'Venky's out' throughout the game, I suspect it wouldn't go down too well. I don't want to spoil other people's enjoyment.

I will just continue to encourage everybody to boycott, for the good of the club, and look forward to the day I can return to Ewood with a clear conscience.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

OOOOO ...bad move Crimp ..a few sherberts down yer neck and a lil cajoling from those who are going and the temptation to go and buy a Match Day ticket will be looming large ..playing straight into Waggotts hands !!

Steer clear of the Ewood vicinity would be my suggestion ..

That is very very true.

Most match days I am tempted right up until the last minute. I even agree to go shopping with my wife to avoid a possible change of heart. So far I haven't weakened but with a few pints within walking distance of Ewood...?

Thanks for the advice

8 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

This is a great point!! I miss the craic too…

Why don’t we set up a social within here? We meet up early in one of the pubs close to the ground and start a new thing…be a lot more relaxed in person and prob improve the message board too?

I think it’s a great idea. I work away regularly but would definitely turn up. You can’t turn down any package that includes beer and football. It’s a life rule. It may even be one of the commandments and if not it should be.

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

For example I spoke with a customer last week about a slight price increase and got a bit of a rant back, whilst on the same day, I paid £1.30 for a litre of petrol, £4.25 for a pint of Estrella at a pub, plus nearly £5.00 for a sandwich/drink at lunchtime.

All of which lasted me a combined 15 minutes!! 😂

Christ, you drive, drink and eat fast if that all lasted you a combined 15 minutes!!! Maybe you'll enjoy your spends a little more if you just take the time to savour them 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

£240 for a season ticket at QPR. 

£299 for a season ticket at Reading.

£235 for a season ticket at Barnsley.

£399 for a season ticket at Blackburn.

Go figure.

Oh and the price off for renewals isn't a 'discount' despite what they would have us believe. It is simply honouring their obligations on refunds for not allowing fans in last season.

I think it’s completely reasonable to be expected to pay more than most when if you look at the possession stats we have more of the ball 😅

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/championship-season-tickets-cheapest-expensive-24279478

Id say most are similar to us, a few marginally cheaper and a couple above.

Only 4 clubs are charging more than us for their cheapest ticket. 

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

4 hours ago, JoeH said:

Young Adult holders from 2020/21 being let down here. Paid in full £179.00 last year and now expected to pay another £179.00 in full as the pro-rata discount only applies to adults.

My thoughts exactly this is happening to my daughter who has been a season ticket holder since she was 5 now 21 and bought  a season ticket last season and watched all matches online buying all away matches 

54 minutes ago, JBiz said:

There is also more to being a supporter than having a season ticket

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Miller11 said:

That’s really poor. Am I right in thinking you didn’t get ifollow codes last year as a young adult either?

They still got ifollow codes my daughter seems to think young adults who bought season tickets last season will still be on mosaic 

• Like 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)
33 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Only 4 clubs are charging more than us for their cheapest ticket. 

It's an eye opener isn't it!!

Blackburn,one of the poorest economic towns in the UK with well above average unemployment.

We have Billionaire owners,matters do not make sense.Is it just me or are things being set up to fail?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

Young Adult holders from 2020/21 being let down here. Paid in full £179.00 last year and now expected to pay another £179.00 in full as the pro-rata discount only applies to adults.

I'm absolutely the last one to defend Waggott normally but pull the other one, you were paying a vastly discounted rate  in the first place so you can't expect another substantial discount as well on top of that as well. You'd be getting the ticket for next to nothing.

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/tickets/code-of-conduct/

• At all times, shouting and singing is discouraged and extreme care should be taken when celebrating or otherwise. 

• You must produce photographic ID prior to entry to the stadium.  Tickets are not transferrable.

Taken out of context they are ludicrous, but they've been updated with covid in mind and given how covid is spread in moisture droplets the shouting/singing advice makes a bit more sense, even if it flies in the face of traditional behaviour at a football ground, but let's face it, things aren't normal yet.

They're pissing in the wind of course, they'll never be able to enforce it.

It'll be interesting to see how they enforce the photo id rule though because we don't live in a country where you're required to have photo id (I know several people who's paper driving licence is still valid) so if you don't have photo ID you're barred from football?

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm absolutely the last one to defend Waggott normally but pull the other one, you were paying a vastly discounted rate  in the first place so you can't expect another substantial discount as well on top of that as well. You'd be getting the ticket for next to nothing.

The problem is. On the pitch we have been getting next to nothing for the ticket. 

• Like 1

I remain as perturbed as most fans, especially on a whole host of matters.

I want Mowbray OUT

I want Waggot OUT

I want Venkys OUT or alternatively I would like them to give 25% of the club ownership to the fans and allow another investor to take 25% as well.

I am still underwhelmed at our great club being run in todays fashion, no planning, no hope, no bright insight as to how to make things better, little understanding of the support, no senior leadership present within the club, no commercial prospects etc etc etc.. the list is endless.

This will be my 52nd year supporting Rovers and my season ticket membership has been in place since the early 80's even when I served overseas. I renewed as usual last season despite knowing it was unlikely that I would get into watch a live game. 

This coming season will see me again renew despite my observations and views because at heart I am blue and white through and through. I will support my club whilst I will also get a right to voice my pure disdain should the season not begin well or whether Mowbray continues with his laxi dasical attitude to how we should play football and his continual misgivings about formations, team line ups and players playing out of position let alone not knowing what his best 11 are on the park.

I doubt we will see Armstrong in our shirt again whilst I can see Rovers selling the likes of Rothwell and Kaminski whilst splattering the team with loanees and youngsters who are not cut out or prepared for Championship football.

I totally see us being a favourite for relegation and being in really dire straits by the time November arrives.

I am lucky enough to be able to afford my ticket and get to quite a few away games. I very rarely have missed out on any chance to voice my disdain at managers who dont perform nor take responsibility for the poor results. It is this last part that urges me say to fellow fans, get into the ground and make your voices heard. Keyboard warriors on here, facebook, twitter and the like will have no impact on the fortunes of the club whereas, at the ground you will be heard.

It only takes a couple of games for the disgruntlement of supporters to start getting through because after that crowds will dwindle even more, cash flow becomes even tighter meaning something has to give and more often than not in football, the manager takes the fall.

Unless there is a change then I won't make it a 53rd season. My support will remain but it will be from the river bank, pond side or wherever I may venture on match day.

Go on...you know it makes sense

• Like 2