BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

6 minutes ago, rigger said:

The problem is. On the pitch we have been getting next to nothing for the ticket. 

True.

The pricing overall is ludicrous but Waggott dug the Club's grave on this 12 months ago by increasing prices at the most inopportune time imaginable and removing the affordable seating.

There was never any way back in the short term given the fact we're obliged to offer discounts to the hardy souls who renewed last season.

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

And to top it all off, Young Adult ST holders don't even get their faces on the club fan mosaic!

1462887422_Screenshot2021-06-18at10_55_27.thumb.png.adb5cd4045dbd452da9594cac784d6c8.png

That part of it is completely unfair, you're paying exactly what the Club have requested you to pay. 

You don't get a say in that, or an option, so there's no way that young fans who renewed last year should be excluded from the mosaic.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Go on...you know it makes sense

It doesn't. This is a club like no other. At every other club the manager is judged on results. Not at Rovers. 

The chumocracy won't get a penny off me. 

Keyboard warriors on here, facebook, twitter and the like will have no impact on the fortunes of the club whereas, at the ground you will be heard.

Delusional. You think Venky's and Waggott care what you think.

Unless there is a change then I won't make it a 53rd season. My support will remain but it will be from the river bank, pond side or wherever I may venture on match day.

So if Mowbray is here next summer you won't renew. But you will this season when Mowbray's here. You're not making much sense. 

• Like 1

This season I get the opportunity to shout my disdain where it can’t be ignored as it is on forums like this! Read the post correctly and look at the context my friend. 
 Next year if he is still in post I won’t it’s pretty simple to understand !

it’s not just waggot that will see dissenting voices it will attract a wider audience .

This season I get the opportunity to shout my disdain where it can’t be ignored as it is on forums like this! Read the post correctly and look at the context my friend. 
 Next year if he is still in post I won’t it’s pretty simple to understand !

it’s not just waggot that will see dissenting voices it will attract a wider audience .

Shout as much as you like. They won't listen. That's the context. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/tickets/code-of-conduct/

• At all times, shouting and singing is discouraged and extreme care should be taken when celebrating or otherwise. 

• You must produce photographic ID prior to entry to the stadium.  Tickets are not transferrable.

Who drafted that load of old cobblers? Might as well have said, "Supporters must not enjoy themselves or have a good time inside the Stadium"

All they needed to say was something like "Please treat other supporters with respect and be aware of their safety".

And who's going to remember to carry photographic id every game?

They can't even speak proper English. Shouting and singing "is" discouraged.

Christ. Sums us up under Waggott. Don't want any bloody customers in or anyone enjoying themselves.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

A totally empty stadium would REALLY attract a wider audience and make much more impact

Would it? 

Selling only 2.5k season tickets last season doesn't seem to have earned anyone the sack.

Be meat and drink to Waggott I'd have thought, give him the ammunition to mothball Ewood completely and return with fresh plans to flog off Brockhall on the strength of promises of non existent new training facilities.

Can see both sides of the argument. It's a no win situation for most supporters, renew and endorse the "chumocracy" (copyright Hoochie) or boycott and give Waggott carte blanche to run amok.

51 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I remain as perturbed as most fans, especially on a whole host of matters.

I want Mowbray OUT

I want Waggot OUT

I want Venkys OUT or alternatively I would like them to give 25% of the club ownership to the fans and allow another investor to take 25% as well.

I am still underwhelmed at our great club being run in todays fashion, no planning, no hope, no bright insight as to how to make things better, little understanding of the support, no senior leadership present within the club, no commercial prospects etc etc etc.. the list is endless.

This will be my 52nd year supporting Rovers and my season ticket membership has been in place since the early 80's even when I served overseas. I renewed as usual last season despite knowing it was unlikely that I would get into watch a live game. 

This coming season will see me again renew despite my observations and views because at heart I am blue and white through and through. I will support my club whilst I will also get a right to voice my pure disdain should the season not begin well or whether Mowbray continues with his laxi dasical attitude to how we should play football and his continual misgivings about formations, team line ups and players playing out of position let alone not knowing what his best 11 are on the park.

I doubt we will see Armstrong in our shirt again whilst I can see Rovers selling the likes of Rothwell and Kaminski whilst splattering the team with loanees and youngsters who are not cut out or prepared for Championship football.

I totally see us being a favourite for relegation and being in really dire straits by the time November arrives.

I am lucky enough to be able to afford my ticket and get to quite a few away games. I very rarely have missed out on any chance to voice my disdain at managers who dont perform nor take responsibility for the poor results. It is this last part that urges me say to fellow fans, get into the ground and make your voices heard. Keyboard warriors on here, facebook, twitter and the like will have no impact on the fortunes of the club whereas, at the ground you will be heard.

It only takes a couple of games for the disgruntlement of supporters to start getting through because after that crowds will dwindle even more, cash flow becomes even tighter meaning something has to give and more often than not in football, the manager takes the fall.

Unless there is a change then I won't make it a 53rd season. My support will remain but it will be from the river bank, pond side or wherever I may venture on match day.

Go on...you know it makes sense

The thing is, at Ewood, I think if you show disdane towards Mowbray this season you will be ejected under the guise of sticking to covid rules.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, den said:

Talk the club and prospects down.

Retain a failing manager seemingly forever.

Push the prices up.

Hmmm? and the brains/thinking behind this is………..

You do have to wonder if it's being done deliberately to some end. I'm talking from those on the ground at Ewood rather than India but at the end of the day it's their name over the door and the buck stops with them.

I can't believe anyone could actually be that stupid.

54 minutes ago, rigger said:

The thing is, at Ewood, I think if you show disdane towards Mowbray this season you will be ejected under the guise of sticking to covid rules.

They will need to employ a lot of stewards ......Going to get more than a little nasty me thinks ....

5,000 fans in attendance , 500 stewards lol

Few other points worthy of discussion… 

Waggott came out during the 2019-20 season and said he had “gone to bat” for the fans and kept the prices down.

Did he fail to do that last year and this? If this is some sort of compromise and Venky’s wanted even higher prices it’s really worrying. It also begs the question of why Venky’s are involving themselves at that level and what is the point of Waggott.

I think it’s also pretty transparent that Waggott thinks upping the price in the Riverside means people will move from there to another area if the price is the same. He just doesn’t get it. He will be hoping this is the case so he can bang on about his crackpot pipe dream of a hotel “like we had at Coventry”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

On principle I don't want to support the regime by putting money into their coffers.

If I did attend a home match and shared my opinion by shouting 'Venky's out' throughout the game, I suspect it wouldn't go down too well. I don't want to spoil other people's enjoyment.

I will just continue to encourage everybody to boycott, for the good of the club, and look forward to the day I can return to Ewood with a clear conscience.

When you pay for a season ticket - you’re also ensuring local employment in the ground - something to consider before seeing it as a simple vote for “Venky’s out” or whatever other anti ownership motive you’ve got.

Im talking about the key times to complain - rightly if you spent all game shouting Venkys out next to me you’d get told to shut up. Without a season ticket or being in the stadium though, you miss the flash points and opportunity to voice your concerns (where I get the cathartic comments out as opposed to sticking them here)

End of the day your decision - but I would add that it’s my opinion; the likes of those bothered about the conscience will be back if the team does well. A big if, but still!

Just thinking, with the current view that seems to be at Ewood with regards to not enticing people to turn up at matches, wonder how much extra space / cost would be needed to add a 15,000 seater stadium onto an all in one academy on say the outskirts of Whitebirk ?

Would the sale of some land in Brockhall cover it?

Would only 3/4000 season ticket sales and home support of 6/7000 at matches be used to justify such a drastic move?

Edited by perthblue02