BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Just now, JBiz said:

BB - you know BRFCS is a microcosm - it’s an extreme views on a subject, with the most pessimistic posters generally the highest contributors.

Hence why I can quite happily turn it off for months. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to reading contributions like yours, which is basically constantly repeating the notion that buying one = thumbs up to owners.

The idea that buying a season ticket means people are happy with the last few years and our prospects, may make sense to you and few more empty vessels here. 

The reality though, most balanced and mindful fans (a group referred to as the “know nowts” by the sites biggest contributor) would make their own mind up, dependent on a myriad of their own personal reasons.

Ah well, thanks for popping back and illuminating us all with your 'mindful' and 'balanced' approach to all things BRFC. It really is an honour.

32 minutes ago, JBiz said:

We both know comparing rovers to a normal business or a restaurant is futile.

Emotionally blackmail, virtue signalling… both rather extreme reactions to being reminded that the FACT is; Blackburn Rovers employ many people in Blackburn. 

You seem to be trying to make out BRFC is not a business.

The elasticity of supply and demand might be somewhat different to a "normal" business  but it's still a very dangerous game to take customers for granted and assume people should simply attend out of blind loyalty as you (and Waggott) appear to be doing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You seem to be trying to make out BRFC is not a business.

The elasticity of supply and demand might be somewhat different to a "normal" business  but it's still a very dangerous game to take customers for granted and assume people should simply attend out of blind loyalty as you (and Waggott) appear to be doing.

There we go again - forget that there’s multiple reasons for going that include more than just one product but my decision is down to blind loyalty.

14 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Ah well, thanks for popping back and illuminating us all with your 'mindful' and 'balanced' approach to all things BRFC. It really is an honour.

Absolutely not a problem. Managed it without having my account permanently suspended and having to create a new one too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Is that where we are now? Taking the piss out of people for still supporting their team?

It is not about supporting your team or not. It is about buying season tickets or not. Two totally different things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And your language and Abrasive attitude says a lot about you. People of all age ranges have financial problems in general and have been badly affected by the pandemic. Try telling someone who's lost a loved one or a parent that the younger generation, who in general don't get as seriously ill from the virus, have been the worst affected.

I only meant that if you were entitled to a £179 ticket originally and are STILL entitled to a disounted ticket on account of age it's unreasonable to expect another massive discount on an already heavily discounted price.

A friend of mines son has actually just turned 24 and therefore has gone from being asked to pay £179 to £399 with no discount. So after showing loyalty by renewing last year, there's no incentive whatsoever for him to renew again.

He will I'm sure still renew anyway as he has a job and is keen as mustard but that isn't really the point

My language points to how angry your post made me, nothing more.

It is not unreasonable to expect equal treatment to everyone else, at all.

You don’t think the younger generation are disproportionately affected, because they haven’t died?

Young people are the ones that are going to have to pick up the bill for this, despite many of their industries being destroyed, for a virus that does not damage them in general. In fact, it doesn’t do much damage to anyone healthy.

39 minutes ago, CheshireRover said:

My language points to how angry your post made me, nothing more.

It is not unreasonable to expect equal treatment to everyone else, at all.

You don’t think the younger generation are disproportionately affected, because they haven’t died?

Young people are the ones that are going to have to pick up the bill for this, despite many of their industries being destroyed, for a virus that does not damage them in general. In fact, it doesn’t do much damage to anyone healthy.

Agree whole heartedly with your last paragraph actually.

As far as the season ticket goes, I really don't know where the argument is. If you were on the £179 rate you were paying £8 per game give or take a few pence last season and had it replaced by an I follow pass with a value of £10 per game so if you're still on the £179 rate this season what are you getting credit for?

I agree it's wholly unfair if you've moved up into the full price band like my mate's son and are not being offered any discount. I think people in that situation should be offered a good will £30 or £40 discount.

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

Once again - a myriad of reasons each fan can decide for themselves - not a simple strawman based on “it’s a thumbs up to the owners” or some comment about the type of work people in shadsworth might do.

Its like banging your head against a wall 

Don't go all offended on behalf of a fictional character.

So you agree it's relative nonsense to hold fans not attending - for their 'myriad of reasons' - accountable for lack of local jobs at the club.

Balaji from Pune - who isn't fictional or a character - could quite easily instruct his chocolate teapot of a ceo to find some work for these people who are no longer required on matchday.

He could stump up a few extra quid to cover them coming in outside match time instead. They could be tasked with cleaning areas of the stadium inside and out for a few hour shift to replace their loss of matchday income. They could pick up litter/weeds etc or paint fences, mow grass around the neglected parts of Brockhall. It's quite straightforward for anyone with any gumption.

Sadly there is non and nobody can be arsed or really actually cares about part timers not being required in the same number as before. Apart from a few virtue signalers looking for a regular fan beating stick of course.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, rigger said:

To me the price of the season tickets is not a big problem. My problem is with the quality of the product on the pitch. To me that is down to Mowbray. 

And there in black and white is the main difference between us having the same number or more fans as other local clubs next season.

When hardcore stick with it as they did with Kean/Berg/Appleton/Bowyer then jack it in there are pressing problems that need sorting.

Bigger picture it all starts and stops with the owners still of course but short term things could be done to alter the slide.

Edited by tomphil

Just now, tomphil said:

Sadly there is non and nobody can be arsed or really actually cares about part timers not being required in the same number as before. Apart from a few virtue signalers looking for a regular fan beating stick of course.

It's a sad reflection on JBiz that he thinks it's appropriate to blame the fans for people at Ewood losing their jobs. He clearly has no real grasp on what has happened to BRFC over the last ten years. He should log in here more to help his understanding. 

4 hours ago, JBiz said:

There we go again - forget that there’s multiple reasons for going that include more than just one product but my decision is down to blind loyalty.

If going down to the Rovers for you is all about having a good day out and if what happens on (and off) the pitch is a complete irrelevance then good luck to you.

Many won't hold the same point of view. As much as I've come to detest the useless Mowbray and his relationship with the con man Waggott, I'm way more upset by the disgraceful attempt to flog off Brockhall than even that.

So for me personally, it will be an extremely reluctant purchase if I do decide to pay 25% more for my ticket than the last time I saw a ball kicked at Ewood.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

29 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It's a sad reflection on JBiz that he thinks it's appropriate to blame the fans for people at Ewood losing their jobs. He clearly has no real grasp on what has happened to BRFC over the last ten years. He should log in here more to help his understanding. 

He only logs on these days to help us understand...........that he's as opposite as ever.

• Like 1

On 18/06/2021 at 15:59, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

It's an eye opener isn't it!!

Blackburn,one of the poorest economic towns in the UK with well above average unemployment.

We have Billionaire owners,matters do not make sense.Is it just me or are things being set up to fail?

In my opinion things have been set up to fail , ever since Big Sam left ...

I said it the night we were relegated from the Prem , "we will never play in the  Premier League again in my lifetime" ...

I am 58 and we haven't got in the top 6 , for more than a few days ...

Very surprised club is selling tickets on 3 sides of the ground.

Even if restrictions are fully lifted JW Darwen End upper and lower will be empty. I'm guessing that a few will go for the Riverside for being outside, not needing to walk through the covered area, and there's nothing wrong in that. 

But it not just covid that will keep fans away because as long as we have Mowbray in charge with his CEO reporting to him, along with the very distant "we aren't showing our faces" owners, people will be saying no, ney, never!

Very little thought has been put into this but watch out for part ground closures.

16 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If you were on the £179 rate you were paying £8 per game give or take a few pence last season and had it replaced by an I follow pass with a value of £10 per game so if you're still on the £179 rate this season what are you getting credit for?

In my household for example we've an Adult ST and a Young Adult ST. We watched the games we wanted to using the Adult ST iFollow code. I paid £179.00 last season for absolutely nothing. 

This year, Adults get £169.00 credit, Seniors get £39.00 credit, Under 18's and Under 12's get their ST's for FREE and the Young Adults? The age category the club say they care about enticing the most? We're getting nothing.

The worst part of it is that the club are putting together a mosaic in celebration of fans who "supported the club" and young adult season ticket holders from 2020/21 won't be included. YA's get a discounted price because in general, they are worse off financially, and if the club care so much about keeping the 18-25's happy, they wouldn't have taken these steps.

- Reducing the YA bracket from 25 to 23 
- Offering no pro-rata credit for YA season ticket holders in 2020/21
- Choosing to not include 20/21 YA ST holders in the clubs mosaic plans

It's a poor do all round.

On 18/06/2021 at 16:04, StubbsUK said:

It'll be interesting to see how they enforce the photo id rule though because we don't live in a country where you're required to have photo id (I know several people who's paper driving licence is still valid) so if you don't have photo ID you're barred from football?

That is going to be the photo on the nhs passport app to prove 2 jabs.

• Like 1

I’ve heard plenty of reasons why folk aren’t renewing over the past decade, cost was never mentioned… until now.

Had a half a dozen conversations with people over the last few days who have stuck it out so far and I’d class as part of the fabled ‘8k’. We lose a fair chunk of those, coupled with those out of the habit and the anti-Mowbray element and we are looking at mid 80s crowds next season.

Everything that had been so passionately built up by Jack and then John Williams and had been slowly run down now finally dismantled and we are right back to where we started, well apart from the fishing balls out of the river at Pleasy training sessions bit… though looking at the Brockhall skullduggery give them a bit more time on that…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

- Reducing the YA bracket from 25 to 23 
- Offering no pro-rata credit for YA season ticket holders in 2020/21
- Choosing to not include 20/21 YA ST holders in the clubs mosaic plans

'To thank and reward supporters for their unwavering loyalty, adult and senior supporters who bought a Season Pass in 2020-21 will also receive a complimentary place on our new Supporter Mosaic, which will be situated at Ewood Park to commemorate their superb support in the club's time of need. Further details to follow'

Rovers welcome you 'Back To Live'! | rovers.co.uk

I didn't realise Waggott & Co had stooped that low. It's bad enough having such a divisive plan in the first place (can I be on it for supporting the club in the 80's when there were only 5k of us and the club was on it's arse?) but to leave out a whole group of fans based on age is blatantly discriminatory. I really hope that isn't what is happening here?

And I also didn't realise they'd also dropped the age for the YA category. I keep hearing we have billionaire owners, why would they be arsed about a couple of hundred quid off 24 and 25 years olds? 

And then there's the pro-rata age discrimination. 

What a disgusting football club BRFC has become. 

• Like 3

IF I back down and and buy a season ticket it will be for the social side and seeing friends and filling up Saturday afternoons. 

The biggest thing I'm struggling with at the moment is the vile, shameless and grossly inadequate setup down there. As I've alluded to before, I can and have put up with some shocking standards on the pitch but having the p1ss taken out of me by the likes of Waggott takes some overcoming.

Not sure I can stomach it and the thought of him and his mate rubbing their hands ahead of another year of it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, JHRover said:

IF I back down and and buy a season ticket it will be for the social side and seeing friends and filling up Saturday afternoons. 

The biggest thing I'm struggling with at the moment is the vile, shameless and grossly inadequate setup down there. As I've alluded to before, I can and have put up with some shocking standards on the pitch but having the p1ss taken out of me by the likes of Waggott takes some overcoming.

Not sure I can stomach it and the thought of him and his mate rubbing their hands ahead of another year of it.

Don't back down.