BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

Always remember the bloke on the fans forum who told Waggot that they should make the prices higher and market it as "buy before 12pm on match day to get £3 off"

So I reckon they have done that, surely they can't be sticking an extra £3 on those prices if someone decides to go on the day.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Always remember the bloke on the fans forum who told Waggot that they should make the prices higher and market it as "buy before 12pm on match day to get £3 off"

So I reckon they have done that, surely they can't be sticking an extra £3 on those prices if someone decides to go on the day.

Is that a different guy on the FF to the one who said we should sell the training ground and build one in BwD?

I think we should move the FF to Burnley. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

'To thank and reward supporters for their unwavering loyalty, adult and senior supporters who bought a Season Pass in 2020-21 will also receive a complimentary place on our new Supporter Mosaic, which will be situated at Ewood Park to commemorate their superb support in the club's time of need. Further details to follow'

Rovers welcome you 'Back To Live'! | rovers.co.uk

I didn't realise Waggott & Co had stooped that low. It's bad enough having such a divisive plan in the first place (can I be on it for supporting the club in the 80's when there were only 5k of us and the club was on it's arse?) but to leave out a whole group of fans based on age is blatantly discriminatory. I really hope that isn't what is happening here?

And I also didn't realise they'd also dropped the age for the YA category. I keep hearing we have billionaire owners, why would they be arsed about a couple of hundred quid off 24 and 25 years olds? 

And then there's the pro-rata age discrimination. 

What a disgusting football club BRFC has become. 

It's a pointless like you say for the sake of a few quid but it's a box ticking exercise by paper clip shufflers. Have to been seen to be doing something for their wages so this is what they come up with.

3 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

That is going to be the photo on the nhs passport app to prove 2 jabs.

Ah, the COVID passports we were told we definitely wouldn’t be having. You’re probably right.

I work on the turnstile of a non league club (#UpTheBriggers) and the number of people that didn’t have a phone or said they didn’t, or who’s phone was too old for the app made up a sizeable portion of the crowd before the last lockdown.

It’ll be an interesting problem for sure.

6 hours ago, JoeH said:

In my household for example we've an Adult ST and a Young Adult ST. We watched the games we wanted to using the Adult ST iFollow code. I paid £179.00 last season for absolutely nothing. 

This year, Adults get £169.00 credit, Seniors get £39.00 credit, Under 18's and Under 12's get their ST's for FREE and the Young Adults? The age category the club say they care about enticing the most? We're getting nothing.

The worst part of it is that the club are putting together a mosaic in celebration of fans who "supported the club" and young adult season ticket holders from 2020/21 won't be included. YA's get a discounted price because in general, they are worse off financially, and if the club care so much about keeping the 18-25's happy, they wouldn't have taken these steps.

- Reducing the YA bracket from 25 to 23 
- Offering no pro-rata credit for YA season ticket holders in 2020/21
- Choosing to not include 20/21 YA ST holders in the clubs mosaic plans

It's a poor do all round.

I was thinking that Waggott had been quite cute in really looking after the young adult age fans. I thought maybe he realised they were less scarred than the older fanbase and that they might be easier to get and keep onside. Seems I’ve credited him with far too much nous. 

The pro-rata credit thing I can almost see the justification if you got iFollow passes. The cost would cover your iFollow access. The multiple tickets in one household thing is a bigger issue as there is no benefit at all for any household buying more than one ticket and the club should show some reciprocal good will for those who did.

The mosaic thing seems petty, and changing the age bracket seems sneaky and/or grasping.

Going to renew my season ticket for the 21-22 season after not renewing for the 20-21 season this evening when a couple of people I attend with are available to purchase them, Another thing I am not happy is not being to take different people to games if the person can't attend due to work or family commitments who is the main season ticket holder. But we will just have to live with it. 

Has anyone renew yet? 

4 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

That is going to be the photo on the nhs passport app to prove 2 jabs.

is it? the current NHS app provided you with the info that you had both jabs so no need for any new app

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

For me, the ‘club’ is now what that famous Bobby Robson quote largely described it as - I.e us fans keeping the flame going though our collective bond and histories.

That shell of an organisation at Ewood Park doesn’t remotely resemble a ‘football club’ and it certainly isn’t the institution I’ve spent my life obsessed with anymore.

It is a lot like the wife having an affair with your best friend, you forgiving her  and she does it again.

Loving Rovers, whist these clowns own us, is a very difficult task & having Waggott in charge, makes it even more difficult. 

If we have people on the fans forum that are actively advising our incompetent CEO on how to best manipulate planned price hikes, then we really are screwed.

For the young adult situation, it seems that the key is communication. The value of a £10 code per game will have already had, but make that clear last season, dont hide it in the small print. Waggott is a charlatan.

The mosiac thing seems like a gimmick anyway but again, why discriminate against ages? If anything, younger people may want something like that more.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve heard plenty of reasons why folk aren’t renewing over the past decade, cost was never mentioned… until now.

Had a half a dozen conversations with people over the last few days who have stuck it out so far and I’d class as part of the fabled ‘8k’. We lose a fair chunk of those, coupled with those out of the habit and the anti-Mowbray element and we are looking at mid 80s crowds next season.

Everything that had been so passionately built up by Jack and then John Williams and had been slowly run down now finally dismantled and we are right back to where we started, well apart from the fishing balls out of the river at Pleasy training sessions bit… though looking at the Brockhall skullduggery give them a bit more time on that…

It was said many times even the early days of the reign of terror that eventually that is exactly what would happen.  It was also said plenty that we'd hit the 3rd div again for the 1st time in many  supporters tenures. That box was ticked.

In fact the only thing of the original so called doom mongering that hasn't happened yet is admin or bust.  Give it time though and i'm convinced they'll get there.

One thing that rarely if ever, even by their nuthuggers amongst the dwindling fanbase, has been mentioned is they'll restore us to where they found us. Everything has always pointed to the other way. 

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

I have missed a lot of this thread but what happened to the credits generated from purchasing match day passes on ifollow? 

I was under the impression you got a certain reduction pro-rata your number of passes bought??

And what is the justification for not including young adults in it and, from a legal point of view, can they promise reductions last year (which may have influenced consumer choice) and then take it away this year? Surely that is against regulations....

35 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

They can't even get the price listed correctly on the website for my ST.

The quoted ST price for JW Upper Outer Adult is down as £459. It should actually be £439.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2021/june/Rovers-welcome-you-Back-To-Live-/

FFS

Where does it say it should be £439?

I thought it had been £459 since last season 

Has there been any mention in regards to kick off times next season? Not entirely season ticket related but would sway my decision. 6pm kick offs would be an absolute no chance after work, I struggle to make 7:45pm ones. Assuming 6pm will be binned off IF covid clears up a bit?

Does anybody know what is happening with the cardboard cutouts? As far as I know, fans had the choice to either collect their cutout from Ewood after the season had ended or ask the club to dispose of it. That was a year ago, however. The cutouts got an extra season for 'free' with nobody able to attend last season.

I'm assuming the club will be in touch at some point (probably a week before the new season starts) with fans now being allowed back in. Is there a chance that the cutouts could be moved to the otherwise empty Darwen End?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Where does it say it should be £439?

I thought it had been £459 since last season 

Nope. £439 was the price last season, and therefore this.

At least they got it right on the FAQs page though.

I stand corrected. It was £459. The FAQ for this year shows it as £439 though.

Edited by Wheelton Blue

10 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

Does anybody know what is happening with the cardboard cutouts? As far as I know, fans had the choice to either collect their cutout from Ewood after the season had ended or ask the club to dispose of it. That was a year ago, however. The cutouts got an extra season for 'free' with nobody able to attend last season.

I'm assuming the club will be in touch at some point (probably a week before the new season starts) with fans now being allowed back in. Is there a chance that the cutouts could be moved to the otherwise empty Darwen End?

I went to the club shop a couple of weeks ago & there was a woman in there picking up a couple of them so I assume they're available for collection, if they've not been binned by now!

I didn't purchase one, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club "forgot" to tell those that did to come & collect & relied on people ringing up to see what was happening with them.

Renewed mine yesterday.

As I said in my post a few days back, I bought one last year so really had no decision to make this year, given the benefit of the ''discount''

''We've got a life sentence'' is what I said to my dad 

Edited by rog of the rovers
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, windymiller7 said:

I went to the club shop a couple of weeks ago & there was a woman in there picking up a couple of them so I assume they're available for collection, if they've not been binned by now!

I didn't purchase one, but it wouldn't surprise me if the club "forgot" to tell those that did to come & collect & relied on people ringing up to see what was happening with them.

I see, thanks for that. The lack of communication from the club shouldn't surprise me. It looks like it's a case of ring up and collect or it will be binned if the club doesn't hear from you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Has there been any mention in regards to kick off times next season? Not entirely season ticket related but would sway my decision. 6pm kick offs would be an absolute no chance after work, I struggle to make 7:45pm ones. Assuming 6pm will be binned off IF covid clears up a bit?

Rumour has it that Waggott is pushing hard for a midnight KO to cash in on the lucrative Chilean prime-time market. It was apparently first suggested by the Fans Forum. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Rumour has it that Waggott is pushing hard for a midnight KO to cash in on the lucrative Chilean prime-time market. It was apparently first suggested by the Fans Forum. 

I love gallows humour.

• Like 4

On 20/06/2021 at 08:02, JoeH said:

In my household for example we've an Adult ST and a Young Adult ST. We watched the games we wanted to using the Adult ST iFollow code. I paid £179.00 last season for absolutely nothing. 

This year, Adults get £169.00 credit, Seniors get £39.00 credit, Under 18's and Under 12's get their ST's for FREE and the Young Adults? The age category the club say they care about enticing the most? We're getting nothing.

The worst part of it is that the club are putting together a mosaic in celebration of fans who "supported the club" and young adult season ticket holders from 2020/21 won't be included. YA's get a discounted price because in general, they are worse off financially, and if the club care so much about keeping the 18-25's happy, they wouldn't have taken these steps.

- Reducing the YA bracket from 25 to 23 
- Offering no pro-rata credit for YA season ticket holders in 2020/21
- Choosing to not include 20/21 YA ST holders in the clubs mosaic plans

It's a poor do all round.

The credit for full paying customers is designed to redress the difference between the value of an I follow pass and the cost of their ticket. As a young person would only have been paying £8 per game in the first place and had it substituted by a £10 I follow pass then there's nothing to redress. In fact if you were being pedantic and judging young adults on exactly the same basis as Seniors you could argue that they're £46 in credit as opposed to every other category of fan for last season.

The problem of households having multiple season tickets and therefore not getting much benefit from (edit) one I follow pass is a sticky one and not just confined to young adults it also applies to households with multiple senior season tickets. A more fan friendly CEO than Waggott would take steps to acknowledge this and offer some form of bulk loyalty discount but that would require some ingenuity and empathy with the supporter base.

I agree it's disgraceful that up to press young adults are to be left off the supporter mosaic and the move to reduce the young adult age range seems exceptionally petty and vindictive but then everything Waggott does seems designed to piss people off. 

I can't believe the owners would have said "you must slash young adult eligibility" just as I don't believe they would have had any particular interest in selling a few acres of land near Whalley. (Brockhall).

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Waggott got the job promising to drastically reduce reliance on Venkys. Increase revenues and cut costs. Otherwise why else would they have agreed to him coming in?

He's not very good though, and to increase revenues at a Championship football club it is a tough business no matter where you are, especialy at a club like Rovers in a region such as this with a dysfunctional setup.

The season ticket disgrace and Brockhall stunt both have his tentacles all over them. Increasingly extreme and desperate steps to achieve targets.

He'll do whatever he can to achieve that with scant regard for the medium to long term implications.

This is his first and last big job in football, he wouldn't have got the CEO job at any other Championship club hence why he was floating around as a consultant at Southend and Gillingham before turning up here.

Name of the game is to keep this one going until he's ready to retire and then the rotting carcass he leaves behind will be someone else's problem to deal with.

• Like 7