BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season Tickets (inc. Renewal Poll)

ST Poll  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy a season ticket for 2021/22?

• Yes - no matter what
    • Yes - depending on personal circumstances
    • No - but I would if Mowbray left
    • No - but for other reasons

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Waggott got the job promising to drastically reduce reliance on Venkys. Increase revenues and cut costs. Otherwise why else would they have agreed to him coming in?

He never seems to do anything that might possibly increase revenues though.

It's all down scaling, cost cutting and penny pinching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The great Nob Enders give us their forthright wisdom...

https://www.pne-online.net

pne fans are obsessesive in their hatred of us😀i think it`s the fact they need someone to hate because no one seems to notice them,the archetypal nothing club who`ve been in the wilderness since the 1960`s

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

The great Nob Enders give us their forthright wisdom...

https://www.pne-online.net

'Blackburn only care what Blackburn fans think not North Ends'

Couldn't be further from the truth on that one.

Trouble is they moan but so many of theirs treat this as a one off cup final and many probably only attend this away game. So they'll keep paying it, especially if they are doing ok.

Every away fan and non ST holder should boycott this it's the only way anybody will ever take any notice.

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think he did try, in his own pitiful way, but then quickly learned his attempts had achieved nothing. Partly because the schemes he came up with were so lame and also because he completely misjudged the way of things around here.

The frankly embarrassing competition and jackpot prize if we sold 10,000 tickets - never going to achieve increased sales.

The chance to win Dack's shirt by buying a season ticket - again futile.

I'm not certain if these weird schemes were because Waggott is so clueless or because he just doesn't have the power to come up with something more wide ranging and comprehensive in scope and incentive.

Anyhow, I think he has given up on that over the last couple of years and just decided for flat out get what he can from those whose loyalty can be exploited.

Everyone has a breaking point though. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Waggott came in full of talk and big ideas. He’s now almost as invisible as the two Venkys advisers who pull the strings.
It’s sickening that he’s in a senior position at the club and epitomises that it’s currently rotten to the core.

• Like 3

On 20/06/2021 at 15:32, chaddyrovers said:

Going to renew my season ticket for the 21-22 season after not renewing for the 20-21 season this evening when a couple of people I attend with are available to purchase them, Another thing I am not happy is not being to take different people to games if the person can't attend due to work or family commitments who is the main season ticket holder. But we will just have to live with it. 

Has anyone renew yet? 

is it? the current NHS app provided you with the info that you had both jabs so no need for any new app

Exactly my daughter is a season ticket holder also a mum to a 3 year old, her partner works nights so midweek night matches were a no go for her so I used her season ticket to go with my other daughter (her youngest sister) so she didn’t miss a match and I knew she was safe

• Like 1

It will be interesting as with ifollow looking likely last season you’d imagine a fair few of the 2.5k would have bought just one ST to cover a match going household.

So perhaps if said households now buy multiple we’ll actually break the magic 5k barrier! 🎉 (obviously we used to be not far off from selling that amount in the BBEnd lower alone, but hey ho).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Is anyone waiting until after June 30th before committing to a season ticket?

Presumably we will know soon after that date if we are going to be in a transfer embargo. To quote the LET

"For Rovers, their ability to be embargo free could well depend on the prospective sale of Adam Armstrong"

Doesn't look like Armstrong will be sold before the deadline so where does that leave us? No doubt the club will be issuing a statement soon ( Ha Ha!)

Will a transfer embargo be the tipping point for some people and reduce ST sales further ?

Same rules apply to ownership of all sports clubs, in that we all want owners who care, even if they only care to line their own pockets, feed their ego or whatever.  I've removed it anyway, not because it bothered you but because the format took up too much space.  

People who steer us into these positions are paid a hell of a lot of money to so called avoid doing just that.

Yet fans are expected to keep following these clowns on the payroll just out of blind loyalty. 

That's exactly what i mean they/we follow the club out of loyalty.

That allows the clowns in paid positions to keep taking the piss although to be fair it's probably just a reflection of their abilities.

I’ve followed the club through a hell of a lot of thin…way before Jack changed everything. ….and there was never any question that I would automatically renew my season ticket.

We’d very little on the pitch but but there was a heart, a soul…a management that tried to put the club and its fans first….a level of decency and winning didn’t always matter… Rovers was our team…fast forward to today 😳

….I will not renew whilst Mowbray , Venus and Waggott are in situ….I cannot support anything they do or say…..I will wait, and it might be a long wait….but, it is not the club I knew and loved. ….the “ real “number of  season ticket sales will be interesting…

• Like 9

I know it's rugby not football before I get another reminder, but this is what good ownership looks like!

Well, well, well, what a season it has been for so many reasons. We welcomed Director of Rugby Alex Sanderson to the club in January and I’m sure you all agree that he’s been a big success. Alex has had such an impact on and off the field and is a huge part of why we’ve reached our first Premiership semi-final in 15 years and why six of your Sharks are heading to South Africa for a Lions tour.  

We have a couple of new signings on the horizon, a brilliant group of talented, home-grown youngsters like Bevan Rodd, Ewan Ashman, James Harper, Matt Postlethwaite, Raffi Quirke, Kieran Wilkinson, Conor Doherty, Tom Roebuck and Arron Reed coming through, new contracts for Manu Tuilagi and Cam Neild and a fantastic set of coaches and backroom staff, including our new Peak Performance coach Jamie Langley. I hope you’re as excited as I am about what’s to come. 

And I’m sure too, that you’re already itching to get back into the AJ Bell Stadium to support your team. I know the lads can’t wait to run out in front of a full house. We welcomed supporters back into the stadium for two games at the end of the season and the team responded with two big wins against really good sides. We know the difference you can make and what a part you can play in pushing this club onto even bigger and better things. As I said, this is our first appearance in the semi-finals since we won the title in 2006 but I promise this is just the start. 

We want, and need, you to join us for what’s going to be an exciting ride. 

We want to fill the stadium, to make it a fortress and a difficult place for opposition teams to come and we want you to be a part of that. The atmosphere was incredible with 3,000 fans in for the Bristol and Harlequins games so just imagine what it could be like with 12,000. 

The hard work has already begun at Carrington to make sure next season builds on this one across all departments, and we hope that you will join us to play a key role in our journey to the top. It’s been an incredibly difficult last 18 months for everyone but your support for our club has never wavered. I promise you that we don’t take that support for granted – in fact, we’ve felt it every time the players took to the field, even if the stands were empty. 

Now we want you to play your part again. Join the Sharks feeding frenzy and help us in our quest to reach the summit of English rugby. 

We might not be allowed to fill the stadium next season due to Covid so we will need to prioritise tickets. Obviously those supporters who donated their unused money last season will have priority for season tickets along with season members and current season ticket holders so the sooner you jump into our Shark water the better. We hope to be able to sell match by match tickets as well but unfortunately that isn’t guaranteed so please get your season tickets as soon as they go on sale. We know it’s been a tough year for everyone so we’ll do whatever we can to make payment as painless as possible so please contact us if you’re having money issues and we’ll figure something out. You supported the club when we needed it so we’ll try and support you where it’s needed. 

I hope to see you all next season when we attempt to secure a playoff spot. Top 4 is the minimum target for your Sharks now and we intend to achieve it and your support will definitely help. 

Thanks everyone and see you soon. 

Regards   

Simon Orange

Co-Owner | Sale Sharks

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I know it's rugby not football before I get another reminder, but this is what good ownership looks like!

Well, well, well, what a season it has been for so many reasons. We welcomed Director of Rugby Alex Sanderson to the club in January and I’m sure you all agree that he’s been a big success. Alex has had such an impact on and off the field and is a huge part of why we’ve reached our first Premiership semi-final in 15 years and why six of your Sharks are heading to South Africa for a Lions tour.  

We have a couple of new signings on the horizon, a brilliant group of talented, home-grown youngsters like Bevan Rodd, Ewan Ashman, James Harper, Matt Postlethwaite, Raffi Quirke, Kieran Wilkinson, Conor Doherty, Tom Roebuck and Arron Reed coming through, new contracts for Manu Tuilagi and Cam Neild and a fantastic set of coaches and backroom staff, including our new Peak Performance coach Jamie Langley. I hope you’re as excited as I am about what’s to come. 

And I’m sure too, that you’re already itching to get back into the AJ Bell Stadium to support your team. I know the lads can’t wait to run out in front of a full house. We welcomed supporters back into the stadium for two games at the end of the season and the team responded with two big wins against really good sides. We know the difference you can make and what a part you can play in pushing this club onto even bigger and better things. As I said, this is our first appearance in the semi-finals since we won the title in 2006 but I promise this is just the start. 

We want, and need, you to join us for what’s going to be an exciting ride. 

We want to fill the stadium, to make it a fortress and a difficult place for opposition teams to come and we want you to be a part of that. The atmosphere was incredible with 3,000 fans in for the Bristol and Harlequins games so just imagine what it could be like with 12,000. 

The hard work has already begun at Carrington to make sure next season builds on this one across all departments, and we hope that you will join us to play a key role in our journey to the top. It’s been an incredibly difficult last 18 months for everyone but your support for our club has never wavered. I promise you that we don’t take that support for granted – in fact, we’ve felt it every time the players took to the field, even if the stands were empty. 

Now we want you to play your part again. Join the Sharks feeding frenzy and help us in our quest to reach the summit of English rugby. 

We might not be allowed to fill the stadium next season due to Covid so we will need to prioritise tickets. Obviously those supporters who donated their unused money last season will have priority for season tickets along with season members and current season ticket holders so the sooner you jump into our Shark water the better. We hope to be able to sell match by match tickets as well but unfortunately that isn’t guaranteed so please get your season tickets as soon as they go on sale. We know it’s been a tough year for everyone so we’ll do whatever we can to make payment as painless as possible so please contact us if you’re having money issues and we’ll figure something out. You supported the club when we needed it so we’ll try and support you where it’s needed. 

I hope to see you all next season when we attempt to secure a playoff spot. Top 4 is the minimum target for your Sharks now and we intend to achieve it and your support will definitely help. 

Thanks everyone and see you soon. 

Regards   

Simon Orange

Co-Owner | Sale Sharks

We can only dream of such leadership

What hurts most is that we had it and theý threw it away. Simon Orange didn't grow up a rugby fan, but he's learnt to love the sport and understand its passions. If only our owners would.  I read an article recently where he talks about the rfu or the premiership clubs needing to produce simple explanatory videos of real matches so people can understand the basics linked with free tickets so people get the bug. He stood outside the ground a few weeks ago talking with fans, welcoming them back to live rugby. Remember the days when you'd see John Williams (not the owner I know but very much his representative) standing outside Ewood chatting to delivery men or the guy cleaning the windows, and anyone who wrote to him about Rovers issues was likely to get an invite to talk it over?

Edited by gumboots

Has anyone else had any communication from the club regarding season tickets?

I was thinking letter in the post, text message, call, email?

I haven't.

All I've seen is what is on the club website and in the Telegraph.

Bad news if you don't have internet or buy the Telegraph.